I booked this hotel on-line a week before departure as it was a last minute decision for some sunshine after the awful UK summer.
I chose this hotel for my wife and myself after reading the reviews over the next door Iberostar Costa Canaria purely because it had a secure car park for the car I had hired (keycard opened the barrier).
I made a good decision.The room I booked (standard sea view) no 426 did overlook the sea.It was clean comfortable and we particularly liked the pillow menu which allowed us to choose which type of pillows we needed.The bed was very comfortable (two large single ones pushed together) and the bathroom was well supplied with shampoo,conditioner,bath gel and soap,as well as slippers and bath robes.When we entered the room we found two pool towels on the bed with a notice saying that we could change them any day for clean ones.
The cleaning ladies were all very friendly and couldn't do enough to help.
We booked half board for 10 days and the restaurant never disappointed with choice and quality of food at either breakfast or evening dinner.
The gardens were superb and the pool area was always clean and tidy with the lifeguard on duty every day.We found the sunbeds a bit overpowering and used the beach,access via a keycard gate onto a promenade which ran all the way along to Playa des Ingles which was good for an after dinner stroll.The sea was very warm and the beach patrolled by the lifeguards who very vigilant.The small pool we found to be very inviting as usually at around 5-00pm we were the only ones using it.
I found that by booking on-line and becoming an MAS rewards member I got a better deal which included a free english newspaper every morning.
San Agustin is quieter than Playa des Ingles and Maspalomas and nearer the airport which we found more relaxing.
We really enjoyed our stay and will probably return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Set in large gardens, the Meliá Tamarindos overlooks Gran Canaria's San Agustín beach. It offers a spa, fitness centre, 2 outdoor pools and has its own observatory. The air-conditioned rooms feature a pillow menu, satellite TV and plenty of natural light. They also have free Wifi. Hotel Meliá Tamarindos has 2 outdoor hot tubs, and the spa offers a sauna and massage services. There are also tennis and squash courts on site. Meliá Tamarindos' restaurants offer buffet dishes prepared in the show kitchen, including Chinese and Italian dishes. The bars serve snacks and drinks throughout the day. The Level services are available in some rooms, and include a private lounge with free snacks, cafeteria services, private solarium for adults, Nespresso machine in the rooms, and 30-minute daily access to the spa. The hotel is 500 m from a shopping centre and 3 km from Playa del Inglés. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Melia Tamarindos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Tamarindos Hotel San Agustin
- Melia San Agustin
- Melia Hotel Tamarindos
- Melia Tamarindos San Agustin, Gran Canaria