Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel
Sunsuites Carolina(San Agustin)
$84
$71
  • Pool
Hotel Rocas Rojas(San Agustin)
No availability for your dates from our partners
El Chaparral(San Agustin)
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,921 results
All reviewsgorbea restaurantthalasso sparooftop poolglass of champagneroom cardfree busesfamily roomthe main hotelgran canarialovely hotelhalf boardtop floorsnack barbar staffhalf pricecourtesy busincluded in the all inclusive
Reviewed November 16, 2013

On checking in we were greeted with a glass of Cava which was a pleasant surprise and asked to bring our check-in cards back at our own convenience. We happened to come in before a large group and found the receptionist to be quite long winded in the hotel facilities.Would have preferred a sheet with everything written on it to ponder on at our own convenience. Reception staff need to know when they can and when they can't.
Service was average. The staff do love to talk to each other. Silence is definitely golden in this hotel. If only their personalities shined on the guests and not on each other. Quite tiresome. Overall there are better quality hotels with nicer staff. A few fun personalities definitely need to be employed to bring some spirit to this place.
It is a privilege to sit outside for eating when you don't get the opportunity at home. Flying rats are a big issue expecially when you leave a plate with some food on it and go into the main restaurant for more food. When you are gone the pigeons will land on your table, on your cutlery, drinking glasses and by the time you come back with more food your previous plate is taken away by a waiter and you are left to drink and eat from where a pigeon landed. I did inform other guests on what had occured but do not expect the staff to do so. The pigeons have a tendancy to sit on a ledge overhead and they certainly aimed well on me one day. Maybe this is a lesson to guests, only one plate of food per meal or else suffer the consequences. Whatever you do don't look ontop of the dividing walls of your rooms. The flying rats seem to strike everywhere
On one morning at 7 am I lost a valuable contact lens down the sink. My own stupidity I know and informed reception. Maintenance was to arrive at 8 but alas I would still be waiting for Mr Maintenance man 5 days to checking out and still no sign of him on departure.
Breakfast was excellent but for Lunch and Dinner a bit of a nightmare as they have not the same dishes on bothsides of the buffet tables so you have to queue on both sides. Hot food is always cold so position yourself at the entrance of the restaurant where you like me will have two weeks of microwaved 2-3 minute food. It was worth it if you don't want to have cold food. Don't be a bit embarrassed. I wasn't. Soup and main course x 2 x 14. Alot of microwaving.
The spa was excellent but was expensive to go to so allow a few times only a week.
Location of hotel is bad. Up a steep hill from a shopping center which has seen better days and recession is defo in San Agustin. Slit the wrists job. Made you feel there is a worse recession than your own back home. Deary and sad.
Overall will definitely not be going back to this hotel and San Agustin. Will stick with Maspalomas and in all its badness Playa del Ingles.
It was also nice to come home to a good shower. I hope someone in room 836 is reading this right now. I didn't complain as I was left waiting for Mr Maintenance man so hope you have better look.
I will compliment the Duo each night who entertained on piano from 7 and again later in the main Bar. If only they would stay longer at the piano. They were super especially the lady who engaged with everyone with her smile and wave.
The evening entertainment was also excellent each night and especially the Tramps left the audience with two encours. A memorable night.
The main pool was very nice and as I was up early found it good to have a choice of chair
Would have definitely worried for a senior parent at this hotel. Steps everywhere and confusing eventhough they definitely cater to seniors with the amount that were their.
I know this review may seem harsh but in all it was my honesty which leaves this Management Team with alot to review and realise if you are not willing to do a job well, don't bother trying. Organisation was a key element missing from this hotel and I truly do hope it succeeds. It starts from the top. Yours Michael From Ireland.

Room Tip: Ask for main hotel and from 4th Floor upward if you seek a sea View. up to --22 on each floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael O
GLORIA_TH, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Gloria Thalasso & Hotels to spend your holiday in Gran Canaria and of course for taking the time to write a review of our services and facilities.

Thank you for mentioning some points that we could improve. We have taken notes of your comments. It is important for us to receive feedback from our guests in order to improve and maintain our standards.

It would be an honor for us to seeing you again in our hotel and to make your rest time as pleasant as possible.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at the Gloria Palace for a week all inclusive in October.The rooms were very clean but the decor was only of a 3 star standard.The food was generally good but one evening the chicken served was raw.When we asked to speak to the restaurant manager,his reply was that he wasn't the chef & it wasn't his fault.We didn't want to make a fuss,just point out that this could make people ill and his response was very disappointing.Bar service in the evenings was very slow and sometimes we had to wait 20 minutes to get a drink,due to a lack of staff on duty.Men aren't allowed to wear smart tailored shorts although women can wear anything & this is not mentioned by Thomas Cook.We feel that the 4 star with style rating given by Thomas Cook is unjustified and probably given as there is a chill out pool area and spa,although these are not included in the all inclusive price.Many of the guests we met also said the same.Overall,an average hotel but not worth the 4 star rating.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed November 13, 2013

arrived 3.30pm had to wait 25 mins for our room as the BABY COT was not ready so thought ok, get to the room clean nice all happy but no COT 3 hours later had to ring reception to ask were it is, it arrived 5 minutes after this call, 1st night food seemed ok as someone mentioned before if you like PORK u will love it, went outside to the seating area ordered drink our little girl went playing so I ordered another drink with a waiter 15 mins later no drink, ordered another with a DIFF waiter 20 mins passed no drink, another waiter came over and I asked to speak to the manager he quickly said I will get you a drink but I wanted to speak to the manager who came over.....his excuse was It wasn't me blah... blah.... we get you a drink.... by this time our daughter was sleeping in the buggy so we went to bed, next day we went to the pool the CHILDRENS pool area, were we were told no inflatable's which a hotel to be considered a FAMILY HOTEL for KIDS etc. was ridiculous. We left the pool area 12.30 lunch time, we were starting to find it lower than the 4 star rating it advertises.
That evening our daughter was violently SICK from 8pm - 2am we were in shock and thought no it cant be the food which to this day we are unsure if it was or not, I was sick 2 days later too which knocked me for six and I am never ill. FOOD? not sure but if chicken is cooked and still has RAW bits then surely ALARM BELLS are ringing.
Can honestly say we are so glad to be home, we dreaded evening meals! breakfast is fine if you stick to what you know but don't be surprised to see the nights before left overs....CHIPS, PEAS, CARROTTS.....come on this is just not 4 STAR QUALITY.
We have stayed at ELYISUM in paphos 5 STARS, coste adeje gran in Tenerife 5 STARS
(all inclusive), this is at most 3 stars, like someone mentioned maybe the SPA facility makes it a 4 STAR.
The hotel has 1000 rooms which we found out THOMAS COOK has only 100 of these rooms the left are filled with 80% of GERMANS who many are RUDE, 10 % SPANISH who are pleasant.
The maid service are great work very hard and deserve credit, reception staff 90% very nice, on checking out I went over to hand the key cards back and thought he may say how was your stay etc but I got nothing he was like 'all done' I thought me too never again even if it was free.
THIS HOTEL IS NOT A FAMILY HOTEL FOR KIDS SO DO NOT VISIT IF YOU HAVE KIDS AS YOU WILL BE DISAPOINTED.

Room Tip: level 3 upwards for best pool & sea views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank andymc33b

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to evaluate our services and facilities, in addition to choosing Gloria Thalasso & Hotel as your destination in Gran Canaria.

We regret that you have been inconvenienced during your holidays; however, we note that not happen again in the future and invite you to check back often and demonstrate that we strive to make our customers enjoy a wonderful holiday.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

After an initial hicup with our room on arrival, we had a wonderful time at this hotel, the staff were very friendly and nothing was too much for them. The food was lovely, lots of choice too. We had a family room which was very spaciaous and had two balconies one had the sun on it most of the day the other was much cooler, very nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

From Gloria Thalasso & Hotels, we thank you for choosing us to spend your holiday in Gran Canaria and for using a few minutes of your time to share your experience.

We are glad that we met your expectations and will be an honor to have you in future holidays.
If you need anything do not hesitate to contact us.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Having just returned from a weeks holiday at this hotel ,found it to be of a very high standard throughout.It is set on a slight hill but has great sea views from its rooms in the main block of the hotel .The rooms were very comfortable and kept clean to a high standard. The pools and surrounding areas were always clean neat and tidy.The staff from maids to management were friendly and helpful and service very good.If there was any concern I had it would be that not enough staff were on the front desk for arrivals as they were also dealing with existing guests queries and it took a bit longer to get to our rooms and settled it.We went on an A.I. Package and found it good value with drinks,food,and the snack bar something to consider.I would return to this hotel and will do so in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013