Would highly recommend this hotel; very clean and comfy, very friendly staff and good choice of food. Also only about 25 mins transfer time from the airport which is a bonus.
We had a room on the 6th floor which gave us a good view out to sea. Immaculately clean and effective air conditioning. Only problem was the wait for the lift which could sometimes be a while at busy times. Had a kettle and coffee etc in the room which was a bonus for a foreign hotel. Blurb stated satellite tv but unfortunately it was all in Spanish, even retuning didn't sort it out although 2 other guests did say they could get sky sports news.
It was about a 10 minute downhill stroll to the beach which meant an uphill trek back so we used the pool. Never had a problem getting sun beds even during the 2nd week of our stay when the hotel was busy ( be aware pool/beach towels from the hotel require a 10 euro deposit each plus 50c each time you want to change them). A nice bonus was that although there were loads of activities going on the animation team weren't in your face to join in.
Good choice of food, although sometimes it was cold and the 'hot plate' options in the snack bar left a lot to be desired- even hubby who is extremely fussy and usually ends our holidays on bread, cheese and chips was happy ( especially with the ice cream). Be aware men have to wear trousers to eat in the (self service) restaurant in the evening although you can collect your dinner and eat in the outdoor snack bar (which is actually quite nice as the tables have cloths on and are laid up properly).
Good, varied evening entertainment suitable for all ages.
Free bus from outside the hotel to 2 local towns, all taxis are licensed and very cheap plus local bus service cheap and easy to use so getting around the Island was a breeze.
Overall we would recommend this hotel for a relaxed, comfy break in the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000M2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria