Overall we just returned from a fantastic 1 week stay in the Gloria Palace. San Agustin is very quiet so we made good use of the free hotel bus to some of the busier resorts. Staff were all great, as was the food, entertainment and communal areas. Spa facilities were second to none, but expensive. Hotel is massive so expect some queues and busy communal areas. Hotel is on a steep hill and its quite a walk to the beach.
Pool area: It's a huge hotel and pool area could get busy at peak times, but it was quieter up on the terrace areas. Service at the pool bar was always quick and with a smile.
Annimation team: morning walk round greeting very lack lustre. Didn't seem as friendly or enthusiastic as other teams. Didn't pester you to get involved which was a bonus.
Rooms: good size and clean. Little dated. Bed comfort good. Did get some noise from nightly entertainment but this was always finished by 11:30.
Night entertainment: good resident band that stuck with crowd pleasers. Professional shows varied and good, something for everyone. Only 1 bar in the evening so it was busy. Waiter did his best to get everyone's order quickly, but in peak times it was quicker to walk to the bar. Good choice of drinks in the AI package.
Spa; excellent but expensive. Gym was free between 1 and 2, but busy. 8 euro charge at other times. Very limited aerobic equipment.
Roof terrace: you had to pay to sun bathe or drink up here. Great views and worth it for a one off treat.
Dinning: evening meal was always very busy, felt a bit like a rugby scrum trying to get your food sometimes. Good choice at all times and food was always hot and being replenished.
Swipe card: your room card is also used to get your drinks and needs to be shown on the free bus. Our card failed 4 times resulting in us not being able to get back in our room or not being able to get a drink. Reception sorted quickly but kept saying it was due to carrying a mobile near the card. My mobile was switched off and locked in my suitcase so this excuse didn't stand up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000M2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria