I am currently staying at this hotel, I still have a week to go. There are a number of excellent things about the hotel, but there are a few which could make it outstanding and they would not even be expensive. So here are the things which I think would help improve the stay.
1. Move the all inclusive ice creams for the children to the pool bar. It is ridiculous that the children have to walk so far away from their parents for a tiny pot of ice cream.
2. Make it clear that floatable lilos and toys are not allowed in the main pool. I have watched many people belittled and told off like children for having something in the pool which is not made clear is not allowed. Also when it is a non diving pool, why is it only the English being told off but the Spanish children doing this allowed???
3. I have never ever stayed in a hotel where the all incisive finishes at 12 on your final day, even if your flight is not until midnight that night. When the majority of flights coming into the country only allow you a half day to start with, the hotel is not losing money by allowing you to have all inclusive up until you fly out.
4. Your pool man is a nightmare, he picks and chooses who he fancies removing towels from. I have witnessed towels being left on sun beds from 7am - 4 pm everyday and the families not turning up until 4pm. These get left alone. But many many others have their towels removed .
5. Ideally the packets of crisps which you charge one euro per pkt for would be great included for the children. Kids often only want a pkt of crisps of an afternoon instead of something hot.
6. Now this might be my biggest bug bare and in truth it isn't really the hotels problem. But I have yet to see a rep at my hotel, see a book from a rep or even know if we have a rep. This is utterly disgraceful. We booked with Monarch and flew with Tiny Planet. I am so shocked we have had no correspondence etc from a rep I wonder what the hell our rep must do when there are only two hotels in San Augustin they supposedly cover??
Hotel is spotless and our room absolutely beautiful. The cleaners are a credit to the hotel. The staff work very hard, but I have had a couple of instances where I have felt a pest asking for a drink from the main bar. However Ramone has more than made up for the rudeness of the odd barman. Incidentally when you are only asking for two sprites and two hot chocolates you really don't expect to be asked quite rudely are you finally finished !!!
The service with regards to wanting extra pillows or even fixing a safe or door is incredible. No request like this is too great and any ordinary issue is dealt with instantly.
The pool itself is spotless and very beautiful. Excellent for the kids and adults alike.
Evening entertainment is as expected. Bit cheesy but keeps the kids amused. The only one which was awful was meant to be a circus act. He juggled and the lady pretended to be two dancing puppets, aside from the puppets being scary and the fact they appeared to have sex, the whole thing was somewhat uncomfortable. That's an act I would recommend not watching again.
Food is good, they have different themes every day. Like all all inclusives it does get a little repetitive. However I would be wholly shocked if they could not find something they liked no matter how fussy an eater,
The all inclusive drinks include named brands like coke, Smirnoff, Bacardi. Plus every night there is a cocktail bar.
In all despite the odd little thing I think the hotel it's location and almost everything is fab. I think it's a little over priced. But if the few things I mentioned could be addressed then the price and all customers experiences would be great :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000M2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria