“Lovely hotel”

Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in San Agustin
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from 29th april for our mini-moon. it is a good hotel, good value for money, clean, nicely done out with good food and nice, friendly staff. am a veggie (that eats fish!)and the variety of food was much better than most all inclusive places. it doesn't get horrible on hot plates for too long and quite a lot of nice things are cooked on griddles fresh. the only things that were awful are boiled eggs at breakfast and some weird coronation fish thing. good variety of drinks- only time you waited for service was in evening in main bar next too reception. but this is because the british people insist on waiting at bar when everyone else sits down! would work better if everyone sat. pool good, never had to search round for sunbed and beach easy to get to if youre able-bodied. room good size though when it says double/twin this does mean twin so book double if you are on your honeymoon (oops!). rooftop is amazing- go up there and pay for a drink- view is worth it though evening might be better as it seems as if all the nudists sunbathe next to pool up there in the day! quite a few older couples and not too many kids here- have separate pool for the little ones though there are always some people who ignore this of course. you have to have your room card swiped when ordering drinks but if you stick to blue drink list its all AI. gym free between 1-2 for hotel guests which is good for paying off your big meals! spa looks amazing though seems quite pricey. if we go again we'll definitely treat ourselves though. lovely touch with the cava on check in and our room was ready earlier than 2, we were on early flight. booked package with Thomas cook who were brill- trip to mogan on multiaquatic was well worth it! lovely week at the Gloria palace, would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SARAHP83
GLORIA_TH, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

May I take this opportunity to thank you personally for the very high scores you have awarded us across all departments within the Hotel.

Gloria Palace San Agustín Thalasso & Hotel****

Write a ReviewReviews (3,511)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have just returned from a week at the Gloria Palace and it was the most beautiful hotel and the staff couldn't have been nicer. I was travelling with my daughter of 23 months and she could not have love it more. Food was really nice was a little the same but couldn't beat the breakfast for me and my daughter. My daughter loved the pool and so did I. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. I filled a survey out the 2nd morning we were there and I suggested that I would have been happier with a double bed than two singles as my daughter is too big for the cot and not safe enough in a twin bed on her own, so later that day went back to my room and they had made up the sofa bed which was a double which was so much better and safer.

The beach is a short walk about 5-10 minutes but you are on a hill but I managed with a toddler and pushchair just hard work with the heat.

I would love to go back in a couple of years time and use the spa as my daughter wasn't old enough to be left with the kids club.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dillon1981

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over the May bank holiday. We managed to get a last minute all-inclusive deal, which was just what we wanted.

On arrival, we were treated to a complimentary glass of champagne.

I had requested a sea view room, which was provided, however it was a twin room rather than a double room, which wasn't too big of an issue as they'd pushed the beds together. They had also provided a complimentary bottle of Champagne, which was a nice touch as it was our anniversary. The rooms are a bit old and antiquated, however are perfectly clean.

The daily food choices were excellent however I felt if we had stayed longer than 5 days, some of the choices would have become a bit repetitive. My personal opinion is that breakfast was the best meal of the day. You can't beat fresh bacon and eggs! The choices were plentiful at all meal times, and the flow of hot and cold drinks were immense! The staff were always smiling and very helpful. The only negative were the 'snacks' available which were often cold as they'd been there for so long.

The pool was never too busy and the bar staff were so friendly and the choice of drinks available was great. The cocktails and Sangria were especially good!

There's also a rooftop bar and pool, which wasn't included in the all-inclusive rate, which was strange, but not something that bothered us too much...

On our last day we were told we were entitled to lunch as we had arrived late on our first day, which meant we could eat before our transfer to the airport. They also provided a room to freshen up before our transfer as we'd already checked out. A nice touch!

The area around the hotel is especially quiet, which is what we wanted. There's a daily shuttle to the busier areas of the Island if that's what you're looking for...

I can't recommend this hotel enough. BOOK IT!

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea View
1  Thank Bunt83

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am right now seatting in a wonderful garden In gloria palace san agustin.

This time i will be here from 1/05 till 22/05 in 9th floor in half board

I am writing this opinion from one mobilephone so it is hard to me while i am just thinking in sunbathing.....;)

Just look my punctuation...food, weather,room, and overall..... Service!!!!!

When i get home i will write more things about my second home, now one cold drink it is waiting for me

Mrs Jung

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Terjung

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We chose this hotel as it had been recommended to us. To say the good things about it first. It was clean and the staff in most areas were very pleasant as one would expect no less. Unfortunately the food was very average - the meat was overcooked always and most of the hot meals were not hot enough. At the time we stayed, there were seven hundred and fifty people in the hotel which could cater for one thousand two hundred and fifty according to their staff. We were only grateful not to be there when they were full to capacity. So understandably the restaurant was not a conducive atmosphere to have a relaxed meal in with so many people milling around on the buffet style meals which were served unless one chose the a la carte restaurant which was very expensive.I never like to be detrimental about a hotel but this one was just too big.It also has no grounds or areas to sit other than around the pool or immediately outside the restaurant, which also has tables and chairs for outside eating so things were congested. The resort of San Agustin is definitely a nicer place to be than many others on Gran Canaria and I suppose the deal we found was good value for money but I think most people want a bit more than that.

Room Tip: We had been allocated a room with a very poor view.We did change rooms but were charged $60 which we...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ErylWalesUK

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Gloria Thalasso & Hotels to spend your holiday in Gran Canaria and of course for taking the time to write a review of our services and facilities.

Thank you for mentioning some points that we could improve. We have taken notes of your comments. It is important for us to receive feedback from our guests in order to improve and maintain our standards.

It would be an honor for us to seeing you again in our hotel and to make your rest time as pleasant as possible.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is our first time at Gloria Palace and what a superb Hotel, the facilities are excellent, the food is of a very high standard and rather delicious too! The staff are professional and friendly and made us feel very welcome and this goes for all staff.

I can not find one fault here and will definitely be coming back again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a wonderful view of Maspalomas Dunes
1  Thank JenElle200

Dear guest,

From Gloria Thalasso & Hotels, we thank you for choosing us to spend your holiday in Gran Canaria and for using a few minutes of your time to share your experience.

We are glad that we met your expectations and will be an honor to have you in future holidays.
If you need anything do not hesitate to contact us.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I am writing this review while I am actually here in the hope that the management at the hotel get to read it while I am here and act upon it!

On arrival everything's seamed lovely, glass of sparkling wine on arrival, information on free buses etc and then we went to eat at the buffet style restaurant (we went half Board). The buffet looked good until you look a bit closer and actually sample the 'hot' dishes which whilst they taste OK we're just tepid, the ice cream scoop was being scooped itself by a grubby fingered little child so no more ice cream for us this week and the serving spoons/tongs left in the food rather than on the side plate provided. Now I appreciate that the hotel cannot control what the tourists do and the habits that they have but the could at least have one of the many staff patrolling this to ensure that I don't share my food with the germs of our European counterparts.

We also wanted some water with our meal to be told that this is 'extra', this just compounded the problem meaning that we were starting to look for problems now.

Determined not to let this spoil our holiday we decided to get up and go to the spa for a swim and jacuzzi, this it turns out is also 'extra' at 46euro's for 2 hours in a pool advertised as one of three heated on site (no mention of the charge!)

The entertainment is aimed at the VERY YOUNG and bearing in mind the bar prices we found ourselves out of the hotel more than in which is the complete opposite of why we came here and that was to relax!

I spoke to the restaurant manager ' Juan' who was very nice and very apologetic but he didn't really recognise that what we had complained about was genuine as no-one else had complained and offered no form of compensation of gesture, I was then called by the reception manager the next day who equally had a 'couldn't care less' attitude and when I re-explained all these issues he said thatbhenwas sorry and unneeded to take it up with our tour operator, a poor way of getting rid of me!

All in all I would say that this is NOT a 4* hotel more like a 2* and the staff have the arrogant manner because that are part of a chain, they wouldn't last long if they were an independent in this competetive environment.

My rating ......very poor!

My advice.......go somewhere else!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
3  Thank a_harper4
GLORIAPALACEF, Fidelizacion de Clientes at Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for sharing your comments with us through Tripadvisor. It is nice that a member of our management team has had the opportunity to meet you and your wife. Thanks a lot.

In reference of our Entertainment Program for adults we want to say that we have more than 15 differents activities. Our entertainment team will be happy to provide all the information on the activities.

About the temperature of the food we would like to inform that we control several times every day and always is above 65ºC. Also we have a Show-cooking area where the guest can choose how his food can be cooked (medium, well done...)

Regarding our Half Pension and All Inclusive package, we inform every touroperators, travel agency or similar what services are included and which one are extra-charged. For example our Thalasso Center one of the biggest in Europe and where all our guests have a 10 % discount.

Once more thank you very much for giving your feedback. Your opinion help us to improve and maintain our standards.

Christian Díaz

10 mi away
Marina Suites
Marina Suites
#2 of 67 in Puerto Rico

Been to Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel? Share your experiences!