We spent new years eve at Gloria Palace San Agustin, and enjoyed it very much. We had All inclusive Gorbea, and we were very happy with this choise. The main course at dinner were always great, the starters were ok, and so were also the desert. The breakfast and lunch buffé were fantastic. Although we had a good stay, it was all clouded with the horrible ending.
When checking out of the hotel, the reception had trouble since they had "double charged" every guest on drinks new years eve. They claim that they informed the guest of this, but that was not the case. The price list on New Years eve and the price on the checkout bill was doubled. There were many guest checking out with this problem, and they managed to fix it. We did not. We wanted the same solution as the other guest got, but the management became so incredible rude- I have never experiensed anything like this.
We felt incriminated, and the staff had no interest in hearing our side of the story, and kept interrupting us when we tried to explain. Not ever have I experiensed such bad service, and outright harassment.
This could have been solved very easily, if the hotel gave us the same solution as the other guest got regarding this mixup. However, since this did not happen- the hotel went as far as threathening us with the police if we did not pay the extra charge. The extra charge was only 30euros! Of course we could have pay'd that, but the whole point is that is was wrong. We never should have been charged the extra 30 euros.
I have written a long complaint to the travelagency this trip was ordered through, and are waiting for their reply. We ended up paying extra, so we could get to the airport on time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000M2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria