We stayed at the Gloria Palace from 17th-24th November 2012. The main reason I booked this hotel was the positive trip advisor reviews. We were a group of 4 (aged 27,27,50,58). We thoroughly enjoyed this holiday and the hotel was fab. We were greeted with a glass of cava and check in was very quick (never checked any ID which is a first!).
Location - up a hill but not that steep and about a 10 minute walk to the beach, although the beach in San Agustin has quite dark sand so we never really went here. There is also a small shopping center 5 minutes away from the hotel which has a spar supermarket and souvenir shops. Our room was on the first floor and we still had a good view over the pool but I would recommend higher up to see the sea. There is a 9th floor pool/restaurant but we never used this but did go up and looked nice.
Food - really good. Every night was themed and the best was the Mexican night. All the food was hot with good variety. The lunches were fab with a good selection of fish dishes. I loved the breakfasts and you could eat outside if wished which was lovely. There was also a small snack bar outside which had pizza, chips, burgers, hot dogs available all day in between meal times.
Drinks - we were all inclusive and I definitely recommend this. There were a large selection of cocktails (about 20) and we definitely got our moneys worth - each one delicious especially the thalasotherapy one (the pina colada wasn't bad either!!). Great selection of liquors also. All drinks orders taken at the table and served at the table. Waiters all very friendly.
Pools - only gripe was the pools were not heated as stated in the Thomas cook brochure. This was disappointing. Pools quiet but quite cold at that time of year.
Thalasotherapy - we went here one night! There is a lovely hot pool! Overall good but luckily we got it half price by winning games by the animation team so we paid about ten euros each for 2 hours. Not sure if worth twenty euros each which is the standard price!
Animation team - excellent. We joined in and won several times. We have 7 Gloria palace t-shirts (this is the prize). We also managed to get enough vouchers for all 4 of us to enter the Thalasotherapy for half price!!
Other points - towels are ten euros to hire and this is a deposit so you get it back at the end. We went with Ryanair so only had hand luggage so not taking a towel helped the weight allowance.
Safe is 2.50 euro a day which isn't too bad. The hotel seemed pretty safe anyway but we always get one just in case.
Free bus to maspalomas and playa del ingles - we used this a few days! Watch out on the maspalomas beach though (we took a walk from playa del inglis to maspalomas and there is a huge nudist stretch and a gay stretch - NOT for kids)!!
Overall fab holiday and would definitely return to a Gloria Palace hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000M2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria