My friend and I returned on Saturday 27/10/2012 from a week at the Gloria Palace San Augustin.
I had stayed in the sister hotel in Amadores, which is fantastic on every level, so wanted to try another resort.
We are English, and we found it to be 75% German/Swedish.
There was a lack of information, nothing in the bedrooms, to say meal times, pool times, and general information about the hotel
On the Activity board, it would say Aqua 11am, but did not give a location, and as there are several pools, we missed the class.
The free bus from the hotel to Playa De Ingles, did not say where it stopped, so another morning wasted as it was the driver who told us beach only, and we wanted the shops, which he said we could not walk to
The Restruant said to reserve a table for the first sitting, and on all 3 occasions when we tried to book, they said no need, but we saw people being turned away, if they did not book.
They changed the dining times, without giving guests any notice.
The nearest shop to buy water is a 10 minute walk away, down a steep hill.
The Evening Entertainment, was in a large room inside the hotel, with limited viewing due to large pillers.
There is a wonderful stage outside, but is only used by the children.
On the positive side
The hotel is nice and clean, with friendly chamber maids, and Animation team
The room was large, too big bedrooms, with joining bathroom, and Balcany
A kettle and limited supply of Tea/Coffee is in the room, with a Refridgerator.
The food was first class, and a fantastic variety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in San Agustin, Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel is a 4-star establishment built in 1989 and fully refurbished in 2007. The spacious hotel has sea views, top quality cuisine, facilities specially designed for families, a thalassotherapy centre and family-oriented, friendly service within an atmosphere of a family business. In 1998 the Talasoterapia Canarias centre was opened, in an emblematic building consisting of more than 6.000M2, to provide health and wellbeing services. A real oasis of comfort. A dream within your reach. You can be sure of fine food and exceptional service at the panoramic a la carte restaurant Gorbea, which specialises in Basque cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Hotel San Agustin
- Gloria Palace Hotel San Agustin
- San Agustin Gloria Palace
- Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel Gran Canaria