“Best location in Gran Canaria!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dunas Don Gregory

Dunas Don Gregory
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in San Agustin
Stockholm, Sweden
“Best location in Gran Canaria!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is absolutely the best located hotel, if you like to be close to a nice beach, have an easy acess to run on the boardwalk, be near to a center and a small community! Nice doublerooms with oceanwiew. Good beds, all facilities you can ask for a 4star hotel. The best thing with this hotel is the friendly athmosphere among the staff and the guests. It offers you everything you need, restaurang, pool, bars, fitness, but it never gets to big and anonymnous.

Room Tip: The rooms in the "middle "building, have the best direction according to sun and wind in o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Eva B
Dunashotels, Director General at Dunas Don Gregory, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Eva,

I would like to thank you for evaluating our hotel on tripadvisor.

I am glad to hear that you have had such a nice and relaxing holiday in our hotel. I will pass on your praises to our staff, because good feedback is the best motivation for us. Thank you for your nice comments on the hotel, I am very pleased if our customers are satisfied. Evaluations such as yours help us to maintain and improve the standards in our hotel continuously. Thank you very much.
I hope you will visit us again.

Kind Regards
Antonio Cabrera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Nice location in a quite town 10 min taxi drive from the center of nightlife in Playa del Ingles and big shopping centers. Good food, nice beach, staff friendly a bit rude. Rooms are small but nice.
Nice holiday!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank lyu g
, Director General at Dunas Don Gregory, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I like the hotel because it's close to the beach. The service is very good and the manager is very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Raulmonzon
, Director General at Dunas Don Gregory, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear guest,

They are really helping us to continue our high service level and to work with a lot of motivation. It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you have been satisfied with the service of our hotel.

Bilbao, Pais Vasco, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Recently, I have spent my holidays in this hotel with my family and I would not advise it in any way.
The majority of guests had at least 65 years old so everyone can imagine how "incredible" and "youthful" was the atmosphere. In fact, to be fair, there was no social atmosphere at all, by 10 pm the outdoor pub was desert!! OMG there wasn´t a soul to be seen. Moreover, the hotel is full of stairs (to go to the bedroom, to the beach and even to the bathroom) and without a mere platform for physically handicapped person. The facilities are obviously outdated and not adequately fitted for its public. For instance, to gain acces to the bathroom from the swimming pool, you have to take steep stairs with the danger that everyone can easily slip and get damaged. I personally had some touble with that matter as the stairs tend to be wet and there is no non-slippery material. The kind of food is average quality buffet. It is very very repetitive with the same kind of high-sugary deserts for example which gets tiring after a few days, not to mention after a whole week. Lunchtime as well as dinnertime is really limited, with just one hour and a half to eat but with the additional inconvenience that the waiters started cleaning up half an hour before the closing time!!. I hated the fact of being pressured to finish my dishes and not being able to speak calmly with my family. The bedroom was very simple, not what is expectable from a four stars hotel though.
The only thing I can highlight is the location as the beach is just in front of the hotel. Nevertheless, don´t expect a caribbean beach, the beach is small, with a lot of seaweed and the sand is quite dark. The "surrounding area" is just one street full of polish and german restaurants. It was very rude one day while I was with my family trying to look for proper Spanish food and one restaurant refused to serve us because the menu was only for german speaking people. In a nutshell, a hotel not to return to. And obviously not to recommend to.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Guille G
, Director General at Dunas Don Gregory, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Mr. Guille,

With reference to your comments about our hotel Dunas Don Gregory foremost I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We appreciate your comments with its clarity and objectivity, which help us in the process of continuous improvement of our service.
It is true that the majority of our clients are older people; however in the summer time we also welcome clients of all ages.
Regarding the food in our hotel we always try to satisfy all our customers and we note that our cook will take into consideration.

We also would like to inform you that we make some improvements in our hotel. It was not possible because we are in high season in this moment.
We sincerely apologize for the carelessness of our staff according to the service. We assure you the head waiter will be informed and we make sure that such an occurrence never will be repeated.

I would be very pleased if we had a new chance to convince you from the service quality of our hotel. I was delighted to welcome you personally and collect first-hand impressions of your next visit.

Best regards,

Director
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

We booked a last-minute week at this hotel 11-18 June. The weather was perfect, food good, room comfortable and the price was right. Staff there are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Chris H
Dunashotels, Director General at Dunas Don Gregory, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on our hotel on Holidaycheck.

I am happy to see that you enjoied your stay and I will pass on your praise to our staff.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Just returned from a week at this hotel 2nd - 9th June 2012. We travelled as a family myself, my husband and our 8 year old daughter. This break was perfect to us, no loud nightlife or people, just the lovely relaxing sound of the waves morning till night...we even slept with the balcony doors open to listen to the ocean. No mosquitos or bugs or night noise....bliss!!!
There were only about another 3 children in the hotel that we spotted, which was perfect for us, as much as we love our daughter and I work with children and love that, but do enjoy a peaceful break, which this certainly was. However our daughter did not get bored, due to the pool and fantastic location of the beach and lovely promenade! We hired a cabriolet for 3 days and toured the island ghost hunting as we worked on the island for 2 years in our younger days! I would highly recommend to hire a car as it was nice to be able to visit Puerto Mogan and ate the best Pizza ever there (and I have lived in Italy)!!!! A little Italian pizzaria over looking the beach, well worth a visit if you love a stone baked pizza!! Anyway back to the hotel, staff were friendly, hotel was very clean, everything was relaxed and smart without being over formal, food of a good standard, we were in room 607 and had amazing views as did 90% of the rooms as they all face the ocean, weather was lovely and cool enough on the evening to leave the air con off! Please feel free to mail me with any questions, but really we are well travelled, through work and pleasure and this hotel really does not have anything to complain about, do not listen to the negative reviews, there is just no pleasing some folk!!! Enjoy your trip! :)

Room Tip: Room 607 was ours, think there are 9 floors so we were not too high, could see the evening entertain...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Dawnfaye
Dunashotels, Director General at Dunas Don Gregory, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Good morning,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on our hotel and staff. I am happy to hear that you enjoied your vacation.
It is always a pleasure to read comments like yours. It encourages us to maintain and rise the high standard of service. Of course I will pass on your compliments to our staff who will be proud to hear this.

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Brilliant hotel right on the beach. 9 days in end May- 1st week of June 2012 of bliss
At last a hotel with the same standards throughout from room to pool to dining room =spotless
Lovely touch to have your drinks served to you whether in dining room or by pool bar.
Nice that they ask men to wear trousers to evening meal - not posh but comfortable with standards and friendly staff.
Panoramic view windows across one complete wall of good size bedroom looking onto the beach and ocean and so lovely to wake up to sound of the ocean.
I was ill with a chest infection when arrived and this hotel was best tonic I could have had -thank you to staff
We did not want to come home to rainy England and cant wait to go back next year

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jean B
Dunashotels, Director General at Dunas Don Gregory, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Jean,

They are really helping us to continue our high service level and to work with a lot of motivation. It is a pleasure for me to read that you are satisfied with the installations as well as the service of our hotel and that you are planning to visit us one more time. It is also nice to hear that you could recover so quickly from chest infection.

I hope that you will enjoy again your stay here with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Agustin
Gold By Marina
Gold By Marina
#1 of 135 in Playa del Ingles
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,352 reviews

Been to Dunas Don Gregory? Share your experiences!