“Beautiful hotel but too many rules..........”

MUR Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Morro del Jable
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Spotlessly clean, with excellent facilities, you would go far to find a hotel better situated. The Faro Jandia is across from the beach and embedded within a row of shops, bars and restaurants. Once you enter the hotel there is little evidence of the activity outside, not once did we hear noise from the nearby bars.
Food was good and varied. The process by which we got it, and our drinks, was tortuous. Sample signatures are taken at check in and every drink, cup of tea and snack consumed, must be signed for. Towards the end of our holiday new 'rules' emerged preventing anyone asking for more than one drink at a time, although these seemed to be applied randomly depending on what was asked for. The hotel admit that they are experimenting with their system relating to all inclusive bookings. They need to come up with a less rigid system quickly.
The majority of staff are friendly and incredibly hardworking. Special mention to Manuel whose enthusiasm, endless energy and enigmatic smile are unforgettable!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank margareta79
Laura I, CM at MUR Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you so much for leaving your review.

Definitely I will spread the words of your comemnt and make a note of everything.
I´m happy seeing that you have enjoyed your holidays.

I hope you would like to come back soon and I give you my email to be in contact for next time.
Laura@grupomur.com

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Lovely hotel, great location, not enough bar and restaurant staff who rush around.Have to wait a while for drinks around the pool area and today management have asked that each guest goes to the bar for own drink,no longer able to serve you two drinks!!!! Madness note to management if you intend to make this policy work employ more pool bar staff.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Snoozie63
Laura I, CM at MUR Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for leaving your comment.
I´m sorry for what has happened this day at the pool bar. It was a specific point in time.
I would like to apologize for what happened from here.

I hope you have enjoyed the rest of your holidays with us.
I give you my email for anything you would need in the future.
Laura@grupomur.com

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Travelled alone after researching on Tripadvisor. Receptionists at a 4 star hotel in Spain that barely spoke any English. large hotel built in a rugby ball shape with consequently noisy in the rooms from any children playing. The 2 floors nearest to the road have a noisy bar directly behind. I was on level 4 and could just about hear it. Room Standard for a 4 star establishment. Dining room...Food and presentation absolutely 4 star no problems there. However at Dinner no atmosphere and the waiting staff rush round like headless chickens..a little like faulty towers manuel comes to mind. This is not the fault of the staff but of poor management in the dining room....The dining room is at the bottom level of 7 levels and if not dining outside near the swimming pool it can be a little like dining in a quiet library in a multi story car park. Its a shame and needs adressing as other 4 star hotels are much much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on level 4 or above..
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank George G

Thank you for leaving your comment.
This is the best way to improve our services, I´m grateful with your review.

I hope you have enjoyed your holidays and I would like to offer you my email, in case you would like to come back and maybe resolve anything you would need personally.

My emial: laura@grupomur.com

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was our third year in a row to this lovely Hotel. The staff at this excellent establishment perform to a consistently high standard and seem genuinely happy not just in their work but in going the extra mile to make everyone have a lovely Holiday. The quality of the food and the varied choice on offer add to the deserved reputation of this Hotel. Begonia, Jesus and the highly intelligent Wim are truly outstanding. Fantastic rooms cleaned daily by hard working pleasant ladies, a truly great Spa and Pool area of dream like proportions may explain why the place has a cult like following and it is no coincidence to see the same people each year. Back only a week and booked again for next year tells you just how good this place is. Long may it continue,

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely depending on personal requirements, but sea view rooms provide spectacular view...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura I, CM at MUR Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you very much for leaving this amazing review about our hotel.

We work hard every day to make the most of your holidays at our hotel. I´m so happy seeing that you have enjoyed a lot.

If you need anything for your next booking please, contact me: laura@grupomur.com

Thank you again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed here middle of September. Hotel was very clean, staff were all friendly. The room was spacious, having reclining chairs with cushions on the balcony, beats hard plastic seats. Pool very nice never busy, always plenty of sunbeds available (no rush to get up and put tails out). Only thing spoiling outside was a German couple all over one another, almost every day, not young and not a pretty sight. Food was fairly good, sometimes a bit cold, staff were slow to clear tables at breakfast for some reason, some mornings it was difficult to find a table fully ready. quality of drinks at the bar was good, bar staff excellent. Entertainment not the best, some of it depressing for a holiday, jazz band excellent, more like it. Nearby beach beautiful although only walked along once, Shops so so, either high end or holiday tatt. All-in-all a nice break with nothing to worry about.

Room Tip: Nearly all rooms face pool, seaviews upper floors
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank honestus
Laura I, CM at MUR Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for leaving your review.

I wrote a note about your comments regarding the mornings and the entertainment.
For us, it´s the best way to improve our services.

If you need anything, please, don´t hesitate to contact me directly by email: laura@grupomur.com

Reviewed October 1, 2013

First trip staying down in the south of the island but well worth the trip to this beautiful hotel. We were staying All Inclusive. Having selected it due to the reports on Trip Advisor we were not put off with the entrance to the hotel being in the middle of the shops, this adds to its appeal. Once you enter the hotel you would not know they were there.
Spacious hotel foyer and bar area with plenty of seating and décor is lovely. Met with warm greeting at reception and quickly booked in and luggage taken up to our room. Room was spacious and very clean, beds good size and comfortable. Mini bar and water supplied but quiet costly - buy your water at shops and do not pay 3.50 euro - only 95c from shop.
Food: breakfast was good - selection of cooked food available and several cereals, fresh fruit, juices and usual meats and cheeses and selection of bread. Lunch: small buffet but main food from menu. Food was ok but not always hot and salad selection quite poor. Evening; we were 8.15pm - 10pm sitting and on most occasions had to queue for hot food but even then meat was tough and fish - tried the salmon, was undercooked!! Sorry but when you have a chef actually cooking it in front of you, you would normally expect it to be edible especially after having waited in a queue. Staff were very friendly and efficient. Hotel offers an a la carte menu if you book in advance but we didn't fancy this going on the food presented. Chose to eat out for one special meal - well worth it and best meal of the holiday. Would highly recommend the hotel and staff but I would prefer to go B&B. Position of hotel well worth the extra miles from airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank K8Gilbert
Laura I, CM at MUR Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you so much for leaving your review.

The south of Fuerteventura is amazing with Jandia beach, the corner with the Faro the shops the whole neighborhood is lovely.

Did you try the Spa? Did you know that booking through our website over 10 nights you get free private transfer from Airport to hotel.

If you would like to come back or anything else you would need, don´t hesitate to contact me by email: laura@grupomur.com

Reviewed September 29, 2013

You could be mistaken to thinking it was an adults only hotel, I only saw one child in the week I was there, but that suited me! The people come here are either Spanish people themselves or German people but I chose this hotel for that reason, I hate to say it but the German's in particular have higher standards than ours, however I also heard French and Italian being spoken and I understand that there was also a group from Argentina staying. Check-in was seamless and general service by all staff was efficient and friendly, they all seem to take a lot of pride in the jobs. There is free wifi throughout the hotel, even by the pool. So great for lounging in the sun and surfing the net. Ask at reception for the wifi code.
The rooms are clean and modern, I had a Superior room, which I would highly recommend, LCD TV, air con, large balcony with table, chairs and two loungers, and it was perfect! TV choice is fine, a few English channels, enough to catch the news, a movie if u want, but your not on holiday to watch TV I guess! Mini bar wasn’t over expensive; my only gripe would be having to pay for the in room safe.

There are two sittings in the restaurant; I chose the later one at 8pm. The food was generally very good, with an amazing selection, there was always a chef on-hand to cook fresh fish or meat, however this sometimes became a little busy and a short queue would form, and one of my pet hates is having to queue (A bit like school dinners)
The breakfasts were one of the best that I have experienced outside of the UK

I didn’t get to use the Spa but it came highly recommended by guests.

You’re about 200yards from the beach outside the front of the hotel, which is on the main strip, however once inside the hotel everything is so quite. It is a clothes optional beach, i.e. plenty of skin on show but also a family beach. Miles of sandy beach with crystal clear sea. I hired a car for a few days and got to see pretty much most of the island, it’s not the most attractive looking places that ive been to but I enjoyed the driving and would highly recommend a visit to the beach at Playa de Cofete, not a drive for the fait hearted and definitely hire four wheel drive!
For me personally this hotel was pretty much perfect, it had everything that I wanted from a hotel without being too pretentious, I will definitely be back!!!
Stayed September 2013, Half Board

Room Tip: Big pool view balcony on level 3.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank PAUL B
Laura I, CM at MUR Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you very much for leaving this amazing review. Every point is fantastic, I´m super happy that you have enjoyed a lot your stay.

If you want to come back you can email me: laura@grupomur.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Morro del Jable
IFA Altamarena Hotel
IFA Altamarena Hotel
#4 of 16 in Morro del Jable
Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura

Been to MUR Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa? Share your experiences!