Booked with Travel Republic so had some arrangements to sort out ourselves which was no problem. The Sol Jandia Mar has good facilities for self catering although we only used for breakfast. It is necessary to hire a kettle (7 euro ) and TV Control (free) - both with refundable deposits. - The rooms were of good size and clean. Cleaners came 5 days a week. Externally there is a good size pool with lots of sun beds. The grounds are well kept and maintained daily. The apartment complex is well positioned for access to both Morro Jable (old town) and Jandia (new development) as well as the vast Jandia Beach.
As for the resort, we found excellent restaurants in both Morro Jable and Jandia 'Strip', providing a wide range of food at reasonable prices. Nightlife is low key, with some music in bars. Most bars have a German emphasis, although English and Spanish is spoken virtually everywhere. You should try to speak some Spanish as this is Spain afterall, and they do appreciate it. Although this was a fairly quiet time it was still pleasant not to encounter any loud English Lager Louts.
The beach at Jandia is vast and can be a little exposed. Be aware that the tide can come in a long way and swamp the whole beach. We hired a car and visited the fantastic Sotavento Beaches, which are very quiet and almost desert island in appearance. Also be aware that all beaches are clothing optional - with the exception of right in front of hotels. If you prudish about this I would find somewhere else to holiday. Otherwise join in - its quite liberating.
During our 14 day stay weather was generally sunny and warm although we did have rain on 2 occasions. Clouds can build up, but usually dissipate or move to the mountains.
In conclusion, I would recommend the Sol Jandia Mar. We found the many nationalities great to mix with, and did not experience any "problem" with so called German dominance. Yes this resort has a 90% German clientele, but this only dictates that standards are that much higher as they stand for no crap.
We will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Apartamentos Sol Jandía Mar are located in Morro del Jable, on Fuerteventura's south coast. 150 m from Jandía Beach, the complex has 2 swimming pools, squash courts and a supermarket. Surrounded by greenery, all Sol Jandía Mar apartments have a private balcony or terrace, most of which have panoramic views. They consist of a bedroom, lounge area, kitchen and bathroom. Free WiFi is available throughout the property. The hotel's buffet-style restaurant serves breakfasts and dinners. There is also a pool bar and a German-style bierkeller bar, open in the evenings with music and entertainment. The Sol Jandía Mar puts on a varied entertainment programme for children and adults. Other facilities include a petanca court, table tennis and a giant chess set. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sol Jandia Mar Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Jandia Mar Aparthotel Hotel Morro Del Jable
- Sol Melia Morro Del Jable
- Morro Del Jable Sol Melia
- Sol Jandia Mar Apartments Fuerteventura/Morro Del Jable