“Wonderful holiday”

TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Morro del Jable
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a wonderful week away here and are now definitely having the holiday blues. Firstly we had a very warm welcome to the hotel with a champagne reception and our bags dropped to our room almost before we got there ourselves. Very clean and nicely decorated room, with a bottle of champagne on ice as we were celebrating our anniversary. The magico buffet was very pleasant with plentiful amounts of food to choose from and fresh food constantly being out out even if it was five minuets to the end of service. There are three other restaurants along side the main buffet, but to be able to book into them you need to wake up 7:30 the morning before (36hours) you actually eat in that restaurant and join a cue of people and hope you were there early enough to get a place. The pool area was lovely and clean. We were impressed with the quality of the draught beer and all inclusive cocktails although the bar staff in the pool bar and wunderbar were quite grumpy the men in the plaza bar made up for the others. Also activities to keep you busy in the day and entertainment in the evenings. Overall the location was perfect for us as we were just looking for somewhere we could just chill and relax but for some it may be a bit isolated. There was almost always a wind, which made it really easy to sunbathe and comfortable heat to do any activities, but in the shade it was a little chilly. It's right on the beautiful clean beach with miles of sands you can walk in either way. This holiday is great value for money and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Harriet K
Vito A, Gerente at TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Harriet, Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your excellent comments about our Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial. I'm very glad that you and your partner have had a nice anniversary and enjoyed your holiday.

Thank you for recommending our Resort and we hope you come back soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Just got back from an excellent 7 days stay at the Club Magic Life.
It was our second stay last in 2011, They are coming to the end of a refurbishment, this did not interfere with our holiday.
The room was spotless, the food was very good, the staff were excellent.
Drinks 24 hours, we could not ask for more.
The weather was blue sky for 7 days.
I would like to say a big thank you to the entertainments manager & his team first class.
We highly recommend the hotel, (please note this was just outside the UK school holidays) & the hotel was not full, but I am sure they cope when it is full.

Room Tip: we have stayed in the lower sea view rooms & in block 20 small pool view, both very quiet &...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank B-S-Holidays

Dear B-S-Holidays,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experiences in our Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial. I'm very happy you have spent a great vacation in our Resort.

Thanks for recommending us and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We have now been to 3 different Club Magic Life's, the Fuerteventura being the most recent. As with all Magic Life resorts check in was smooth and stress free and by the time we had a quick drink and went to our room the luggage was already there. Our room was superb with "proper" wicker & wood furniture on the balcony not the usual white dirty plastic. All the pools were great and as usual there is stacks of entertainment that you can participate in if you wish and if you dont then thats fine - no hassle from the team.
The only small complaints at this resort were that Wi-Fi was charged at €7 per day - but was told that from 1st May it would be free! Also during the day there should be more than 2 people on reception, we always had a fairly long wait for simple queries.But apart from that everything was spot on.

Room Tip: Ask for Block 14 as the rooms look directly out to sea. Also its worth taking a trip to Morro Jable...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank IMP1949

Dear MP1949,

Thank you very much for your comments about our Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial.

We hope you'll choose our Resort for your next vacation.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week at the end of March and it lived up to all the positive comments we had read before leaving and whilst we don't like returning to the same hotel if we want a 'chill out' break in the future we would certainly return here. Whilst it is a large hotel don't be put off as the buildings are in blocks set in very well maintained grounds and our block - 15 - was central to everything. We never had to wait for a table at dinner or breakfast and the smaller restaurant was delightful at lunchtimes. Food wine and choice were excellent. Staff were almost without fail lovely. The bar in the evening had a great atmosphere and felt like a proper bar which you don't always find abroad. Plenty to do in the daytime although as others have said it's a pity at least one of the four! pools isn't heated as it is such a waste and the poor lifeguards had really nothing to do! And... those who complained previously about threadbare beach towels will be pleased to hear that these were being replaced towards the end of our stay with nice new thick ones!e Shows in the evening were fun and all the performers gave their all. The entertainment staff came over to the bar after the shows and joined in the dancing and were always encouraging others to join in. Rooms were good clean and spacious ours had been refurbished and we had great view over pool and sea. Only complaint thin towels that were far too small and scratchy and shower very basic bathrooms need updating. Hotel provided toiletries very basic but I always take my own anyway. Yes lots of steps down to beach but well worth it for the walks along the sea shore exhilarating wind and crashing waves! Be warned it can be very windy and our first day I got very burned (I was not alone!) All in all a great holiday

Room Tip: Block14 15 16 very central to all amenities bar restaurant theatre reception. I think all rooms in...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rosie55_10

Dear Rosie, Good Afternoon,

Thanks for posting a review about our Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial.

Thank you for recommending our Resort and hope to see you on your next holidays.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We are going back on 10th May for a weeks holiday, we came about May 2013, room was OK however main loacation very good. The Food was as good as a five star hotel we go to for Christmas & New year for the past 10 years. The staff are very helpful and gave us good service, I am hoping we will get a better room with a sea view. This is not the type of holiday we would go to becuase of the children, however the staff, food and service is Great. We never had a problem getting loungers and a number of areas away from the children.

Room Tip: They have a nice place to eat at lunch time within a square away from the main dinning area, before...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick R

Dear Patrick R, Good Afternoon,

Glad to know that you will be coming back soon, we are happy to welcome you and assist you during your stay in our Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

After reading a terrible review I felt I needed to make sure nobody was put off by people who like to complain. My boyfriend and I came to the hotel from the end of June/beginning of July for a week in 2013. We couldn't have asked for any more than what we got. Its hard to imagine how big the hotel is until you get there. It has many buildings and some lovely views from each of them. We paid for a sea view and weren't happy with the view we got to begin with (mainly due to the price Thomson charge for sea view rooms). The staff were happy to move us to another sea view room as soon as one became available and this was sorted within the first day. We arrived quite late at around 9pm but were still greeted with champagne and orange juice.

The staff directed you quickly to the restaurant which still had a variety of food to choose from even though it was due to close. Throughout our stay there was something different to eat each day, if you like to try new food and aren't too picky! But even if you are picky I'd say there is still plenty to choose from. You can book one of the themed restaurants for free, which made a nice change, but wasn't too different from the main restaurant in terms of food. For lunch there was a choice of a snack bar which has toasties, hotdogs and chips, or you could go to the main restaurant and choose from the buffet. The staff were all lovely and were happy to serve a variety of cocktails, as well as sangria, a selection of other alcoholic drinks and soft drinks.

There was a theatre which held entertainment in the evenings, and after this the entertainment staff would move to the outside bar area where they would continue with activities like karaoke and dancing. In addition the pools were so large that we never had trouble getting a sunbed and never felt overwhelmed by kids while in the pool.

My personal favourite part of this place is the beach which is down some steps from the pool. The sand and was clean and the sea was lovely to swim in.

We went on an excursion to the zoo which is an experience I would recommend to anybody who likes animals. We were able to feed almost all of the animals by buying special food from the zoo for 1 Euro. The Giraffes and Elephants were incredibly happy to be hand fed grass and fruit. The hotel also lets you get food from the buffet and make sandwiches to take with you on excursions which was nice.

They also offered free internet access if you got a code from reception, however I don't know if this has changed. I know that they have updated the hotel rooms for summer 2014 so the already nice rooms should be even better!

The ONLY complaint I could make would be that on one day it was too windy to sit by the pool so we sat on the balcony instead, however every other day had beautiful weather. On this evening the wind was also very loud in the hotel room at night, but I wouldn't say this ruined our holiday at all, and I would definitely go back.

All in all it was an amazing holiday and I wouldn't have changed a thing about it. Absolute bliss.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Amy C
Vito A, Gerente at TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear Amy, Good Morning,

Thank you very much for your excellent comments about our Resort, which I appreciate.

I´m very happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation in the summer of 2013. Take this opportunity to inform you that we are renovating the rooms, so that hopefully you will appreciate the changes on your next visit to Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial.

Thanks for choosing us and hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Where to start... I am at a complete loss as to why this hotel gets so many positive reviews.. Firstly, on arrival, at least for us there was no champagne reception. We arrived at 8.40pm and were told by reception to hurry along and get our evening meal... Which as you can imagine at such a late hour was barely scraps.. After a hurried dinner, back to reception to check in, not the most positive experience..we then proceeded to haul our own luggage to our room, about 8 minutes. Granted the room was spacious, a tv, which had only Spanish/German channels..and some form of sky news!!!! still I guess you don't go on holiday to watch tv !!!!!

I feel particularly aggrieved as I booked this holiday, mainly due to all the positive reviews, which begs the question, who actually writes them.. It simply wasn't was it said "on the tin" Food in fairness was ok, barely warm, repetitive but by and large edible. Recycled from one sitting to the next..as for the alcohol, abysmal at best and more worrying, as in other all inclusive resorts, there was absolutely NO alternative ie branded drinks... I actually asked the management to purchase some decent cava at my own expense which I was promised. Alas, I had to eventually purchase my own drinks from a local supermarket, which was 45 minutes walk...and the only attraction!!!!!

Now to the evening entertainment.. Without this being censored, I really have no idea what to say.... The whole of the magic life entertainment crew were extremely irritating during the evening, attempting to get you to line dance or some other ridiculous activity.. Incidentally, apart from the main bar and the bar in reception, which obviously the management did not want you to frequent as there was NO seating at all around the bar..there was no other bar to get a drink, still, I guess this was a major plus...given the quality..

As for the three alternative restaurants that you have to book at 8.00am in the morning... Quite simply... Don't bother..

The beach is lovely albeit unless your reasonably fit, give it a miss...

This holiday is for families only.. If you like Pontins in the sun this is for you..

My friend and I are in our fifties and simply chose this hotel on positive reviews..our mistake. As stated in my review, I feel I have been mislead by some positive reviews... Be warned..

One last observation...the manager, given his position, was extremely hostile !!!!!!! I can't recall one single occasion he acknowledged a patron

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Mianate2

Dear Mianate, Good Afternoon,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review about our Resort and our services.

We would like you return to our Resort to spend your vacation and you can change your opinion about Magic Life Fuerteventura Imperial in every way.

Best Regards,

#2 of 16 in Morro del Jable
MUR Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa
MUR Hotel Faro Jandia & Spa
#3 of 16 in Morro del Jable

Been to TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura? Share your experiences!