This was our third visit to this resort hotel. We have stayed at several hotels in Jandia, Costa Calma and Correlejo. Magic Life is my favourite hotel in Fuerteventura. This time we decided to book the Private Lodge, for that little bit extra quality and personal attention. We weren't disappointed. Our room was a similar size to standard rooms, but better furnished (but still no bidet - my only criticism). Private Lodge Junior suites are also available, and appeared to be very large and well-furnished, from peeps through open doors during cleaning.
We found a welcome package of fresh fruit and a bottle of red wine in our room on arrival. There was also a fully stocked fridge of free, fizzy soft drinks and still water, which was replenished as required.
The Private Lodge is a separate area at the northern tip of the hotel with good sea views. It has its own restaurants, one for breakfast and lunch (a combination of waiter and self-service), and another upstairs with panoramic views, for Dinner (generally waiter-only service). There is a small lounge and bar area in the restaurant where one can serve oneself from a wide range of spirits (some well-known brands of spirits, and local wines and beer). Drinks are free, including bottles of house wine with the evening meal, but a good selection of iberian a la carte wines are also available at reasonable extra cost. Service was always good and the waiting staff were friendly and courteous, even to us non-Germans.
The Private Lodge has an unheated main pool and a smaller, heated jacuzzi pool. It has beautiful sea views, and a nicely laid-out garden area with sea view, for sitting out with a gin and tonic (or whatever), lapping up the sun. Weather was very hot and pleasant for March.
Breakfast choice is limited, particularly for hot meals ordered from the waiting staff, so one day we went to the main restaurant for breakfast. The contrast was absolute. I have no criticism per se of large self-service restaurants in resort hotels, but they can be very noisy and busy. By contrast, the Lodge restaurant is an ocean of calm, restful enjoyment. Well worth the extra money. One should be prepared to spend longer over an evening meal, say up to 90 minutes, but the reward is an imaginative menu of at least three starters and two main courses, beautifully presented on the plate, with an embellishment of excellent sauces. The cuisine is the best I have ever experienced in any resort hotel. On changeover day (presumably for Germans) most waiting staff got the day off and we had a self-service barbecue meal, which offered many choices and was delicious. Another night, the menu was six courses of table d'hote, explained by a special menu entirely in German, wrapped in gold tape. I don't object to that, and it was a voyage of pleasurable discovery. I didn't like the fish course but my wife relished it.
We were sad to have to leave after a week of relative luxury.
Some general points: the beach is sandy, but with rocks. One can walk for miles in both directions, tide permitting, to areas without rocks. We hire a car each year and go each day to our favourite beach at Risco del Paso, about 3 miles north of Esquinzo. You can walk into Jandia simply by turning left out of the hotel complex and walking southwards (roughly south east). You have to negotiate an area of unmade road past a nearby abandoned hotel building project, but soon come to quiet local access roads which take you into Jandia/Morro Jable. You might want to catch a taxi back though.
We have been spoiled by our Private Lodge experience and are impatient to repeat the experience soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our HOTEL TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura All Inclusive extends over an area of 98,000 m2 and is located on the immense natural sandy beach of Esquinzo with stunning sea views. Enjoy the vacation of your dreams! You will be amazed at the different possibilities offered by our Club, a wide range of sports, fitness and a wellness program. Always with the advice of our personal trainers. Nordic walking, indoor cycling and guided tours on mountain bikes. If you bring your own bike, you can storage it in our Bike center. Enjoy our 7 pools, our main restaurant and 3 specialty restaurants, as well as our 3 bars (one open 24/7). You can also relax in a unique and exclusive zone: our Private Lodge, located right next to the hotel. The resort offers a total of 693 rooms, equipped with air conditioning (depending on the season and outside temperature) and ceiling fan, telephone, satellite TV, refrigerator, safe, bath and hairdryer. PRIVATE LODGE AREA: It includes 59 ROOMS (elegant Junior Suites, Superior Junior Suites and Double rooms). All rooms equipped with air conditioning and ceiling fan, telephone, satellite TV, mini-bar, safe, welcome pack, bathrobe, whirpool bath tub and hairdryer. The Private Lodge Area is only for guests over 16 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Magic Life Hotel Morro Del Jable
- TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura Morro Del Jable