Not quite up to the standards of the Riu chain of hotels in my opinion, but nevertheless a pleasant and spacious all-inclusive complex with a very good choice of food at the self-service buffets. We stayed mid-December 2011 - no problems with getting sunbeds around the pool. Mostly German clients, so be prepared for the waiting staff to address you in German first, which I found rather irritating! Plenty of activities day and night if that is your thing, but equally - if you prefer to relax you are not pestered to join in. Our room was in block 11, very convenient for everything and quiet at night. Room was spacious and kept spotlessly clean by the friendly cleaning staff. Rooms are not luxurious but were perfectly adequate for our needs, plenty of storage space, bathroom good, but no bidet. We overlooked the peaceful end of the main pool and the sea beyond. I had my birthday whilst there and the hotel left a card and a bottle of wine in our room, which was a nice touch.
If you don't want to take your life in your hands walking 4km along the road into the town of Jandia (some parts have no pavements so you need to divert to slightly steep dirt tracks for some of the way) you can go out the back of the hotel, down the steps, turn right and walk along the beach instead. Pay attention to the tide times and go when its not high tide so you can paddle easily around the small rocky bit (tide times are located on a sheet on the wall of the reception). Alternatively you can get a taxi - Its about 8 to 10 euros each way. If you are feeling really fit, walk further on along the beach past Jandia to the fishing hamlet of Morro Jable (about 8kms from the hotel), where there are a few very good fish restaurants by the water's edge. If you come out the back of the hotel and turn left you can visit the Fuerteventura Princess hotel to have a look - its a half board one, so we popped in for a drink and laid by their pool for a change - just make sure you look like you know where you're going and no-one asks you if you're a resident!!
I have to mention the entertainment team of the Club Magic Life who worked so hard to try to ensure that we all enjoyed ourselves and felt included, if we wanted to be. They came from all over Europe and although there were some outside acts brought in, the hotel's team also put on their own shows and you could see that a lot of effort had been put in.
There are a few singles on holiday here and when the dancing started after the shows, it was lovely to see the hotel's team going round encouraging them to join in the dancing, but without being too pushy.
We had a problem with our plumbing one day - we came back from the pool to find someone else's hot dirty bath water had come up through the plughole into our bath! But maintenance staff came over within a couple of minutes and sorted it out quickly - great service.
Sorry that I cannot give this hotel an 'excellent' rating as there were a couple of things that took the edge off it - white plastic water flasks on the tables in the restaurant needed a good scrub as they were looking really grubby, plus on two occasions we saw a fly crawling about on the sandwiches at the poolside snack bar, so we never bothered getting food from there. However, these were just minor issues, so taking all things into consideration I am happy to recommend this hotel to other travellers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our HOTEL TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura All Inclusive extends over an area of 98,000 m2 and is located on the immense natural sandy beach of Esquinzo with stunning sea views. Enjoy the vacation of your dreams! You will be amazed at the different possibilities offered by our Club, a wide range of sports, fitness and a wellness program. Always with the advice of our personal trainers. Nordic walking, indoor cycling and guided tours on mountain bikes. If you bring your own bike, you can storage it in our Bike center. Enjoy our 7 pools, our main restaurant and 3 specialty restaurants, as well as our 3 bars (one open 24/7). You can also relax in a unique and exclusive zone: our Private Lodge, located right next to the hotel. The resort offers a total of 693 rooms, equipped with air conditioning (depending on the season and outside temperature) and ceiling fan, telephone, satellite TV, refrigerator, safe, bath and hairdryer. PRIVATE LODGE AREA: It includes 59 ROOMS (elegant Junior Suites, Superior Junior Suites and Double rooms). All rooms equipped with air conditioning and ceiling fan, telephone, satellite TV, mini-bar, safe, welcome pack, bathrobe, whirpool bath tub and hairdryer. The Private Lodge Area is only for guests over 16 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Magic Life Hotel Morro Del Jable
- TUI MAGIC LIFE Fuerteventura Morro Del Jable