“Love this place :)”

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Donaghadee, United Kingdom
“Love this place :)”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

All I can say is stay here.. Me and my friends stayed here last year and the place was amazing. The staff were very friendly and sooo helpful. Plus when we went back this year they remembered us.. And not in a bad way! The place was the same ... Perfect! Close to amazing restaurants and a lot of bars! The staff were amazing as usual and as helpful as ever.
Def will be back :)

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Kat0310

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I came to this hotel when I was a child and remember every bit of fun I had during my stay, so 3 years ago when my partner and I wanted to go our first couple holiday I couldnt think of anywhere else but here! 11 years on it was still every bit as fun, relaxing and enjoyable as I remember! the staff are hepful and very plesent and the Managers are lovely too always getting involved with there guests and making sure they have everything they need.

We love the holiday park so much that w ehave returned every year for woither a short break or our summer holiday. this year we brought my partners little cousin aged 9 with us and he had an amazing time and is already asking when we can go back.

the food on site are great and there are many very nice restraunts close by. You must visit the local ice cream shop if you go, they have every single flavour and more.

Paddy and Jen were the reps this year and they made us feel very welcome and helped make our holiday! they were up for a luagh and joined in the fun, but stayed professional too.

ive not found a cleaner hotel abroad since the holiday park, the staff do everything for you and your appartment is cleaned including fresh toweks and beeding every 2 days which was great.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looing for a fun holiday of any age!!!!!

and we will be booking up for next year again very soon taking more friends and family with us :):):)

Room Tip: there are lots of stairs but you get use to them, all rooms ins oide are the same quailty so a pool...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank weeshelley
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Booked a week here beginning of October hoping for the best. No worries it was still boiling in the daytime, just needed a scarf at night. The hotel was a result too, welcomed by a bubbly girl who explained everything from the direction of the beach to the trips we might want to go on, always said a hello whenever we passed by too. Our apartment was up a couple of flights and we got a hand with my suitcase right to the door. Big space all seemed nice and clean and comfortable. We used the air conditioning in the bedroom at night couldn't believe we needed to. The main town centre and beach is really close, the gift shops are worth a good days traipsing around. On the food side we try different places so although the food at the hotel was great we found some interesting other places to eat. One is on the seafront it's a grill house but tiny and they have done this amazing thing on the ceiling to make it look like a cave !
Although we were able to cook our own breakfast we made the mistake of treating ourseves to one at the hotel bar and that became a regular, it was so fast and good value, so nice to sit outside in October. The entertainments were fine not too loud or over the top bingo, pub quiz,etc. Enjoyed the real friendly element that made us feel we'd been before. High praise to the staff they make this hotel a special one.

6 Thank Mandy H
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Second time we have stayed here. We stayed from 2 to 9 September. We asked for an easy-access apartment and this was given us as requested. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. Very clean and well maintained. Only a short walk to the Irish strip where there are plentiful bars and restaurants, but just out of reach of the noise. Easy access to Palma by bus, 25 minutes on the 102 - the Express. We would definitely stay here again when in Santa Ponsa.

Room Tip: This accommodation is on several floors with lift only to first level - best to ask for lower levels...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LizandGraham59
co.laois
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed here here 16th to 27th september had a brilliant time but very disappointed with the entertainment the two who were doing it were far too young and had no interest in anyone other then themselves.Besides them the staff here are out of this world we have never been anywhere where we have been made to feel so welcome,antonio goes out of his way to make sure everyone is happy where do you get management like that anywhere,Anne marie is way out there for her hospitality to the people that stay here she is fab,Amy is just soo lovely will go out of her way to help you with anything you need,we absolutly love this place and will be definitly be returning next year.Thank you to all the staff including cleaners and maintenance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank BebeCo_laois
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Clean - Yes, Friendly - Yes, comfortable - Yes, Good Location - Yes, Well maintained - Yes, visit again - Yes (soon I hope).
Value for money - Yes.
To me this apartment complex ticks yes in just about every every box. And I would consider myself fairly fussy about a location.
We booked a late, end of summer holiday in Santa Ponsa in the Hotel Park Apartments. One reason was to avoid a place that was full of Kids (I have no idea what the place is like with kids, but I in my late forties and this is the type of holiday I wanted with my wife - quite)
I read the other reviews on this site and kinda thought that they maybe all sounded the same...they do because the place really is thais good.

It is close enough to the night life, yet far enough away to not have it interfere with any early nights you have. (i even stayed in the wing nearest to the town.

I did have two criticism - if I may, but they in no way took from the holiday ...1 there appeared to be a lot of steps to apartments - this has been said before by other reviewers. I was on the second floor (two apartments below me) the steps were not too bad, but there were some apartments that were up 5, maybe six stories... (to give them their due when we arrived there was a porter waiting for us and he carried our main bag up for us. very considerate).
Second was the Hired safe. they were a bit small for what I wanted. I hired one before I saw it, and I would still have hired it to be fair. but I had intended to place my SLR camera (i.e. big camera) in it some evenings when I didn't want to bring it with me. the camera wouldn't have fitted in it. It was really only useful for travel documents and such. But not every one has big items and as I said I would still have hired it for documents and jewellery. Having said this there was absolutely no hint of theft or such in the location. it was for piece of mid only. As I said neither of these spoiled the holiday.

Bar was pleasant, plenty of shade to sit under, enjoy a pint/lemonade etc. Snacks were grand too, but not a full meal- though Kids may be happy with it.

Reception staff were all very friendly and very helpful. You get a 'hallo' and 'good night' 'how are you', 'Is every thing ok?' that type of thing, just about every time you pass in or out.

If I was to change anything I would possible go a week earlier (I was there 3rd Oct to 10th Oct), and get quicker transfer from the airport (Not arranged through the Apartment, but rather my Travel agent).. No reflection on the Apartment complex, but the transfer was a bit much and my criticism is probably not belonging here, but here it is for you anyway. We were on the Bus for an hour waiting in the airport and then it too about an hour and a half of delivering everyone else to their apartments and hotels. Santa Ponsa (not just the Holiday Park) appeared to be the furthest away from the airport. as it was just the 2 of in our party it would have been expensive to pay for direct and personal transport (maybe 100 euro?) where as the was 15 euro each return...big difference, but then again we were on the bus nearly as long as the flight (inc. the waiting time at the airport...) you decide. Oh taxi appeared to be approx 40 euro (estimate) one way to SP. But as I said this had nothing to do with the Apartment complex.

One other pleasant thing was what appeared to be the owner was around and he would say hallow to everyone as well. Some times sitting down and chatting.

Would I go to the same place again? - let me put it this way, the the first thing I did when I came home was look it up to see how much it was to go again in May when they open (and before the Kids arrive...:-) )

The only problem is that when you read all the great reviews and decide to book the place the price might go up for when I want to book......So do yourself a favour and book it - or if you want to do me a favour Don't :-)

Room Tip: lower floors to avoid lots of stairs.
3 Thank DCN99
Barry, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We arrived 10am and check-in wasn't till 2.30 but the staff managed to book us in by 11.45. It is in an ideal location, quiet but there are lots of bars and restaurants near-by, plus the beach is only a 10 minute walk away
The apartments are spotlessly clean though basic,there is no TV or microwave (may beable to hire these though)
The staff were all very friendly and helpful
We would definately stay there again

6 Thank kazmorton