“Can't wait to go back”
Review of Hotel Miranda

Hotel Miranda
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I got back from a week at the Miranda yesterday and I couldn't have wished for a better holiday. Linda and Mandy are both very friendly made me feel very welcome and answered any questions I asked about how to get to places etc. The room was basic but clean but I have stayed in a lot worse places that cost a lot more. The other guests made me very welcome and a lot of them had been staying at the Miranda for years. The pool area is lovely and you had the option of sitting in the sun or the shade at all times of day. i didn't eat in the restaurant at night but the breakfasts where lovely (continental) and I had a lovely toasted sandwich for lunch one day. The drinks in the bar where cheaper than in some of the bars along the beach. All in all I had an excellent time at the Miranda and I'm looking into the possibility of going back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank rachaelann1980
There are newer reviews for Hotel Miranda

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Last minute booking, although the hotel had some basic facilities, this did not effect my time here. Was made very welcome by all the staff & other guests. Nice pool, situated to get sun till about 7pm. Although I never got up in time for breakfast, there was a delicious menu available throughout the rest of the day. A nice quiet hotel, no screaming children to deal with, just peaceful. Although this hotel has very mixed reviews, this wouldn't/didn't affect my judgement. I'd happily stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Martin C
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in August for 4 night stay, to give a somewhat mixed review. Cannot fault the location, 5 mins to shops, restaurant and beach and was pleasantly quiet at nighttime.

Some of the facilities are what you would expect from 1 star. On arrival there was no lift, so had to lug two large suitcases up flights of stairs was not ideal, owner made no effort to offer any help. The room did not have air conditioning, which would deter me from staying here again, the majority of day and night it was unbearable to spend any amount of time in the rooms, and with no fridge facilities in the room any drinks we brought were lukewarm within 20 minutes. We had to sleep with the doors open, however we both were covered in more than 50 mosquito bites each by the end of the fourth night.

I think it largely depends on what you want out of the hotel and holiday, if you want somewhere basic to stay with good location then it's for you, however the rooms are small and need air conditioning and we never had clean sheets or towels in duration of stay!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Steph M
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Friends of mine were staying at Hotel Miranda as a last minute booking on our family holiday! Our friends didn't use the facilities much as they came down to our pool to see there family. However, one day me and my boyfriend walked down with our friends whilst they got there clothes to stay at our apartment due to how uncomfortable there room was with the Spanish heat! On mine and my boyfriends arrival we asked if the owner would be able to phone us a taxi back to our hotel and her response was very rude! She told us to get walking to the nearest taxi rank which was down the road (we didn't know this because it was our first day in Santa Ponsa) and then said if you have something wrong with your legs which causes you to be unable to walk then she may consider it. I found this very rude and it could come across intimating to people who have leg problems as she never knew us! Me or my friends will never visit the Miranda again due to bad service, greetings and the lack of air conditioning!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Meganleigh19
Reviewed August 12, 2013

the rooms are pretty much unbearable in the hot Spanish nights. me and my girlfriend had a balcony room with a pathetic ceiling fan that only blew around hot air, we often found ourselves waking up in the middle of the night in puddles of sweat, it got so bad that I had to soak a towel in water and throw it over us to keep us cool. bathroom was also dirty with yellow stains in the very small bath. avoid and pay extra for air conditioning and basic facilities. it is NEEDED.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ash43022
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was a last minute holiday myself and a friend booked, Santa Ponća is great if your looking for a holiday. The hotel was on a side street just 2 minutes from the bars and restaurants. The hotel was basic but was clean and very friendly, the swimming pool was good and was quite quiet which was relaxing. Linda was great, like a gran! She came out to the pool to check if everyone had enough sun tan cream! Lol. Can't believe all the bad comments about her and don't believe the comments about her not liking young people as myself and friend that stayed there are under 24. Also on arrival there was a couple of scousers that couldn't have been any older than 24 and she was really nice and was having a laugh with them, they had just came in from a night out in maga! Food was great and Mandy and Linda made our stay welcoming. Would 100% stay again if there was aircon! As it was very hot in the hotel room!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gareth G
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here for a week whilst visiting my daughter who was working in Santa Ponsa.
My room was classed as a singe but I found it adequately big enough for me, the bathroom was a great size bigger than mine at home!! The room only had a ceiling fan, you could ask for an electric one but got used to it after a few nights!! The pool was brilliant, hardly anyone around it so was nice and peaceful with plenty of sun loungers. Had lunch a few times which were good. The breakfasts were continental with plenty to choose from. Location is ideal for the beach only a five minute walk away, the hotel is in an ideal location up a quiet street away from all the noise!!
I don't understand how people are saying how rude Linda was, she was a great help when I asked for anything!! I would definitely stay here again.
Thank you Linda and Mandy for a great stay!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo