“lovely hotel”
Review of Hotel Miranda

Hotel Miranda
Ranked #27 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed June 30, 2012

just had to write and say me and my wife have just come back from a two week stay and we thought it was a good clean well run hotel with linda the owner and daughter were more than helpfull couldnt do enough to help rooms were cleaned every day the pool area was clean and well maintained loads sunbeds sun terrace was pleasant to sit and have lunch and a drink in the evening

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael B
There are newer reviews for Hotel Miranda

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed here in September. Booked through Travel Republic but they hadn't informed hotel of the booking and apparently don't pay the hotel until some months afterwards. Luckily there was a room available. This is the second time we have stayed here and the second time the company has not informed the hotel of the booking. After the first shower the floor was covered in water I think because the shower curtain did not stretch round enough. Breakfast was very basic with cereal, ham, cheese, hard boiled eggs and bread rolls or toast. Staff friendly and helpful and it is a good place to stay if you want a quiet but convenient to beach holiday.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Judith57
Reviewed September 18, 2011

me and partner have just got back from a week at the Miranda and i cant fault it one bit great value. It was clean the rooms were lovely and cleaned everyday with fresh towels every few days. Linda and her daughter Mandy are so nice and you are left to just chill and relax and enjoy your holiday but they are there if you need them and are very very helpful. On our first night we arrived at 12 midnight and the agents we had booked with had messed up and not faxed over our request to the miranda so mandy got on the phone got us another hotel for the night two minutes away and even paid for us to get a taxi there this was so nice of them and after a long day in the hotel working at midnight they could not of been more pleasant and helpful we managed to be moved back to the Miranda the day after .... the breakfasts are nice cheese ham cereal toast cakes dates yighurts etc but it was nice and just what we needed dont go to spain to eat a full english every day .... the pool was great and the tv room and bar area were lovely to sit and relax after a hot day. I loved this place and can see why so many people go back year after year it was quiet peaceful and had the best location ... we could of stayed at other places in santa ponsa but after seeing where the hotels were located we are so glad we choose the Miranda thanks for a great stay Mandy and Linda you are doing a great job and we loved our stay with you ... xx Michelle and James ( leeds )

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank michelleleeds
Reviewed September 10, 2011

stayed at this hotel with my partner for 2 wks at end of august found this hotel very relaxing, basic but clean. maid was in every day. very peacefull sitting on terrace for breakfast. pool area small nice and quiet no good for kids though. found linda to be very nice and pleasant . would def stay in this hotel again only draw back was the size of pool area but when its a small hotel you cant expect a massive pool other draw back is no air con as it was a heatwave when we were there

Room Tip: room 111 and upstairs frm that dnt knw the number for that one, they overlook the pool
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cmac01
Reviewed September 3, 2011

we stayed at the miranda for 5 nts, it was so peaceful, basic but clean. the breakfast was cold meats and tea, coffee ,juices etc. bar and snacks, pool was lovely, relaxing. sunbeds and parasols. tv room and outside terraces. fans in rooms, plenty of hot water. rooms spacious, and balcony with chairs. staff pleasant, always available. pool cleaned every day. would return, as it was close to centre and very peaceful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank mitchcornwall
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is a family run business. I want to say that the daughter (Mandy) was extremely friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for guests, which is what I expect from any hotel / B&B. She is great and very accommodating. However, the lady that runs the hotel (Linda I think her name was- she never introduced herself) is so unpredictable that my partner found herself hiding when she heard her voice and waiting until she had gone. One minute she is friendly but the next you feel like a burden even though you’re a paying guest. Half way through our stay she even started shouting at my partner, in reception area in front of other guests, because of a bit of hair dye had washed out of her hair onto a towel (which was full of holes anyway) and didn't listen to our explanation, just stomped off muttering under her breath. We were gobsmacked. I have never witnessed a hotel employee speak to their guests in such a way. They have 4 nice boxer dogs which were very friendly but my partner's father's room overlooked a garden full of dog faeces. Linda will tell you that breakfast is 8am - 10pm but at 9.55am she will clear your plates, even if you haven't finished! One morning she watched me get a coffee and when I sat down she walked over and took it away - I hadn't even taken a sip! The breakfasts leave much to be desired- cheap processed ham, salami and cheese slices with bread and cereal (I know that this is what most people tend to have there so wouldn't mind if meat had a degree of quality). The bathroom was dirty when we arrived, and when we left, seemed that no cleaning had happened in there for a good while and toilet brush was brown!!! On my partner's family's last day they had to vacate their room by 12pm (which is a very reasonable checkout time to have) but at 11.55am Linda stormed into their room shouting for them to get out now and stop getting in the way! But 10mins later she was smiling and saying that she hopes to see her again in future- as if she had totally forgotten the way she had just spoken to them! KOOK-KOO!! There is no air-con which when the temp outside is 35-40degrees C means a very uncomfortable nights sleep (I found myself walking streets at 5am one day because I couldn't get to sleep). There is a small fan supplied but it only really serves one person. I have seen people praising these fans, maybe they were lucky and had a decent one, rather than just a small desk fan.

On the plus side, the location is perfect, the pool and area are quiet and you don't have to check out until 12pm.

I would stay here again, as long as there was defo nowhere else that I could find to stay or if the price of our double room was around £25 / 30 rather than £50. I am very well travelled and this is what I think the room is worth in comparison to hotels I have stayed at elsewhere in the world.

MAJORCA THOUGH IS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL ISLAND THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND MUCH TIME AT YOUR HOTEL, LOOK OUT FOR WILD PARROTS IN PARK NEXT TO BEACH NEAR THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: Rent an extra fan from reception for 10 euro
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank wolves_punk
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Yes you get what u pay for but will pay a liitle bit more next time, bathroom wasn't cleaned once while we were there for 10days, fan broke and was replaced which was good u needed it, maybe some fruit at brekkie would be nice as its so cheap and one morning meat, cheese ran out theres a great big supermarket at end of road [good to buy things to take to beach] Linda and daughter very friendly gd location for beach bars local buses.

Room Tip: take own soap, and clean your own sand out of bath
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple