“enjoyable”

Aparthotel Holiday Center
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had a lovely week here. Went self catering but paid for a couple of breakfasts which had quite a lot on offer, eggs ,bacon, toast, fruit, yogurt,biscuits, baguette ...Room basic but clean, they changed towels regularly, but no oven just a microwave! Pool area lovely ,fairly quiet at night but traffic in morning quite noisy ie bin men. Friendly people , don't bother with wi-fi thou as you have to pay !!!!!! And is free at the beach and in most bars and restaurant's. Would stay again.

3  Thank karin g
Daniel A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Aparthotel Holiday Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, Im afraid the time the bin men go by is way out of our control, but happy to hear that was the only thing that marred your stay

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just returned having spent 1 week at these apartments as non inclusive guests. We are a family of five and therefore had 2 apartments knowing that they can be basic,(you get what you pay for). A clean place considering how many people come and go. After all is said and done,i don't go on holiday to sit around in a room.Pool very clean and inviting,a little too much shade around the back of the pool,although not being a Sun worshipper,felt quite comfortable.
Had breakfast for a couple of days,but at 7 euros,expensive when you consider times 5. Ended up doing a food shop for breakfasts at the "bic bic".
The WiFi at 15 euros is a rip off,not that It bothered me,but my 20 yo daughter couldn't face being away from Facebook and wasted her money. Most restaurants and bars in Santa Ponsa give you the WiFi free and so should all hotels in these days.
The staff were friendly and helpful with the little that we needed them.
We had a car,this I felt a good move as there are some lovely gems found off the beaten track. Try Sant Elm.
In a nutshell,clean,(our rooms were anyway),basic,I would stay there again.Just at a warmer time as only had a sheet and cover on bed,or get my wife to cuddle me more.

2  Thank jon g

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, im sure if youd asked for more blankets they wouldve been provided, hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed November 2, 2013

If your reading this review, prior to you booking this hole-tell/apartments/trench then I would like to shake your hand " you have saved your money and an experience or should I say trauma and PLEASE, PLEASE move onto your next choice, for those who have already booked and not yet gone!!! ...... you are up that creek with a paper mache paddle! I'm sorry I would like to make you feel better, but I cant, I feel and honestly shed a tear for you.

Okay time for the review /nightmare - Myself and my lovely Girlfriend stayed and unknowingly paid good money to do community service at this place for 1 week and I'll start with the good points:

Santa Ponsa:
Great little town with some nice restaurants and a nice beach, locals are friendly and more then willing to help, very close to Magaluf, Palmanova, only a short taxi or bus ride but I wouldn't rely to much on the public transport it is very unpredictable and timetables are just ink on paper. other then that we both loved place and I would recommend Santa Ponsa to everyone, do try the HONG KONG restaurant only 5 min walk from the "Holiday centre Hole-Tell" food was outstanding and for less the 20 Euros for two people you where given a feast one of the best Chinese food I have eaten, we went there twice for dinner.

Moving on to the Bates Motel / Holiday centre hole-tell

Good points...... right ummmmmm I really am struggling now to put some good points - the salad was good........... cant think of anything else.

Ok Bad points

Birdcage ( room ) was absolutely filthy hairs everywhere, stains around the toilet, the Beday actually looked like someone had taken sitting on it to a new dimension and a half used toilet roll still in the holder, towels and handtowels are only changed every 2-3 days if you are lucky.

Bedrooms - unclean beds, mattresses and sheets and yes! hair everywhere again

Pool - only thing missing in the pool was a floating S*** very unclean and always in the shade as there are trees covering it and at no time does the sun get to it.

Pool/Bar - If your All inclusive as we were! then your on to plumbs as in service, all drinks are watered down crap, all drinks come in plastic cups and have enough ice to sink the titanic a few times over, I once asked the barman to put some more ice in my drink and he said he couldn't get more in it, I don't think he seen the point I was trying to make. there is no snack service at all throughout the hotel you are told this at reception on check in and all snacks have to be paid for bar snacks like crisps and nuts are all stale and damp

As for all paying customers and none AI - you will get the best of everything and it is NOT cheap and they will go and extra step for you, I would say they go the extra mile but and extra step is more fitting.

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner

An absolute shambles on all 3 area's, queuing systems on most days and if the food runs out, then its out and not replaced, which caused a stamped at opening times, there was even chips for breakfast one morning, food was bland, no variety, repetitive and for the amount of fly's buzzing around everywhere throughout the Hole-Tell I did notice I never seen one fly on any food! - after viewing and seeing the prison delights I can see why they never went near it .....they must be paying fly's or half board fly's!! what I will say is the salads are good but on reflection based on what was on offer and meal times "marmite would of been like lobster"

Ok so that's it from me .... "Enjoy your stay" and don't miss parole when they let you out.

I'm going for some Colon Hydrotherapy

Room Tip: Bring a sleeping bag,fly swatter and a mop
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ifthkare y

not much we can say to all that is there, thanks for taking the time to get it all off your chest!!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just got back from a weeks stay at the holiday centre Santa Ponsa with my partner and we'll start with the good points.Santa Ponsa itself is a nice small town with a great beach,some good restaurants and some bars the locals are quite friendly.The resort is within easy reach of some of the other towns ie Magaluf or Palma Nova the buses can be a bit unpredictable though so we used a taxi most of the time,the taxi drivers were fair and we didn't get ripped off.Good points to the hotel ..... there is very little! and here are our reasons.ACCOMADATION ... basic apartment although decent size and has a tv with basic 1 to 5 channels we found the apartments very unclean there were hairs all on the floor towels were dirty and only changed on the 2nd day,bed sheets were not changed at all,spare covers were wire wool and the beds were very uncomfortable and hard which resulted in both of us sleeping on the sofa bed.I was very itchy sleeping and felt like I was being bitten.The mattresses really need to be changed also very dirty.FOOD... BREAKFAST was ok it worked or didn't work on the basis of first come first serve which resulted in waiting in line to be told you have to wait to come in!! LUNCH..same thing all the time pork pork pork and again same system of waiting for the stampede to finish.the best thing was the salads which were the only things we enjoyed the selection of fruit was also mouldy.DINNER...much the same as lunch as in variety very repetitive selection beyond poor flies everywhere which was very offputting.Again waiting system and if the food is gone its gone,even the packets of crisps were damp.BAR... the drinks are crap watered down cheap crap there are no bar snacks at all only if you pay which is a rip off when you have paid for all inclusive.Bar staff were friendly but they gave better customer service to customers who were paying and did not bother so much which the all inclusive customers, myself and my partner felt quite ill every time we had a couple of alcoholic drinks which we felt could of been down to the ice cubes quite possibly they were using tap water but we cant confirm.The bar staff insisted on filling your cup with ice to increase the volume of your drink so it looked as if you have more !!! I am not surprised from one of the other reviews about rats as it is really filthy.We hope this helps anybody who wanted to go and I hope holiday centre read this as it does have the location to be a nice place.

Room Tip: view your room before you accept it blindly.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank sarah r

how remarkably alike this review is to the previous one, once AGAIN thanks for taking the time to write it!!!!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

After reading some of the reviews about the Holiday Centre in Santa Ponsa Majorca I was a little worried....... This turned out to be a fantastic holiday.
I stayed at this hotel over 20 years ago and it hasn't changed, it is still very clean (basic) and well run! If your looking for a cheap holiday in the sun this is a great base for Majorca. The beach is only a 10 min walk and the resteraunts are only min away, a must is Mrs Murphy's Kitchen !!

One of the good points is the way the hotel segregate the young couples from the family's, Fantastic..

The hotel has all nationalities staying at it, this is a good thing as it shows that the hotel is well received from many companies around Europe.

The rooms are very clean and fresh towels and bedding are supplied/fitted every two days. The pools are cleaned every night and the grounds are washed down every morning. The gardens are well kept.

The only down side is the stairs in and out and to many of the rooms, we traveled this year with family, my Father in law had his hip replaced only weeks ago and the stairs are a killer, be aware of this..Other than this minor point, book and have a great holiday at the apartments.

The beach is very good for Family's and the water is shallow. The main town has many bars, clubs and resteraunts, all within easy walking distance.

We traveled from Edinburgh with Jet2.com last week (19th October 2013) and the flights were excellent, plenty of leg room and ON TIME!!

Room Tip: If traveling with a young family don't go higher than the second floor as the banister around th...
2  Thank Simon B

Glad to hear you came back to visit us after 20 years, hope it wont be as long next time, thanks for your review

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Arrived 17th October basic large room clean xx towels and loo roll only replaced every other day not good bedding not changed the whole week had to turn sheets over this needs doing at least every other day !!
Pool small but clean had lots of fun there
Bar staff great and dj funny
Only one night we had entertainment was good but needs to be every night
Bingo and dj not enough entertainment
All inclusive drinks okay but need to stock diet drinks too as all full of sugar
Breakfast 8 till 10 was okay eggs bacon sausage beans mushrooms
Toast and jams
Weetabix and cornflakes
Cheese and Cole meats
Breads
Could do with omelette or pancakes as lunch 1till 2 and dinner 7 till 9
Awful chips and slop burgers for evening meal is not good
All food was very hot though
No all inclusive food other than times above
Bar snacks pizza burger chips etc had to be paid for not good when you've paid all inclusive
Area is fantastic 160 on the bus take you anywhere
Taxi is cheap too
Local strip is 5 Mins walk and each 5 Mins too
Local restaurants are great and clubs in santa ponsa and maga fantastic
I would return to hotel and area but just as a base don't expect to be spoilt and looked after as this hotel is only like a b and b xx I wouldn't go after the first week of October as weather warm but very cloudy xx

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank holidaymaker1993

Can I start by saying that in a 2 star hotel you will never find your bedding changed every other day, a change of bedding is provided once a week which is usually what people do at home. We would like to thank you however for taking the time out to write a review about us

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Mother & Daughter, away for a week.
First night after the evening out a RAT passed us on the open staicasw to room, So after entering room placed a towel at bottom of door. Next day reported sighting to lady on reception, not much interest shown by her.
Two nights laterforgot about towel, Next morning my daughter woke me up at 08:45 to tell me a rat was climbing up the wall in bedroom & had slid in behind mirror.
Went to reception immediately& asked that someone come right away, to be told it would be about an hour, After insisting that we wanted this attended to now, were told someone would be with us soon.
Returned to room & waited but no one came, Went to Reception again & was told to present ourselves & luggage at reception & we would be moved to somewhere else which turned out to be Sun Beach apartments.
These apartments turned out to be OK, but hadto return to Holiday Centre each evening for dinner which was fairly mediocre with not much variety of food (we ate out on a number of nights)
I would not recommend this place to anyone !!!
We certainly would NOT return to this establishment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank IVOROSKI

thanks for writing a review