I've just returned from a fantastic 4 day girlie holiday, staying at Plazamar. Everything would have been rated 5 (bearing in mind that it is at the budget end of accommodation) if it weren't for the cock up on our first night. We arrived really late from our flight as the transfer coach took us all around the houses first - Magaluf and Palmanova beofre Santa Ponsa. Arriving at 1am, we were told by the rather cold man at reception that there was no room for us and we'd have to go to another hotel in Palmanova for the night. As expected, we were very cross as we had done our research and did not want to go to Club Tropico and certainly not in Palmanova! The people who arrived after us were also told the same thing and we heard that it was a regular occurence.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, the Plazamar paid for our taxi to and from the Tropico and we got a breakfast there before returning the Plazamar at 10.30. There was still no room till midday but a very lovely woman at reception called Rachel let us use the phone to complainto England and was very apologetic and helpful. She gave us a free meal at the beach bar and a bottle f wine. We were able to use the pool untile then.
Overall, the roms were clean and well supplied with a nice balcony, the hotel wasn't too noisy, there was 24hour reception that was usually very friendly and spoke great English, the pool area wa lovely, if notbusy, it was a 5 minte stroll to the beach, we were given our room till 6 on the last day because of the cock up. The food in the beach bar was pretty awful, but our 1 meal there was free. We didn't stay for any of the evening entertainment.
Santa ponsa had a lovely big beach that was surprisingly quiet, considering the number of people and there are some really nice bars and restaurants if you go off the beaten track.
All in all, a great girlie holiday. I'd go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated in 2015 with a strong Mediterranean character, Plazamar Serenity Resort is a complex to relax and enjoy your holidays in a chilling atmosphere. Located in the beautiful resort of Santa Ponsa only 300m from its sandy beach and city centre, Plazamar Serenity Resort is the perfect spot for couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Plazamar Serenity Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Plazamar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Plazamar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Plazamar Serenity Resort Santa Ponsa, Majorca