“Worked for us.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Margate, United Kingdom
“Worked for us.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Not the usual sort of hotel I'd choose to stay at but enjoyed our holiday a lot. Had family and friends staying in other hotels in Santa Ponsa and we met up every day down at the beach and for a meal in town at night. The hotel is quite close to the town centre and not far from the beach so it was handy for us. Room was clean but was a bit noisy due to the road but that didn't bother us too much with earplugs in! Swimming pool looked a bit small but was clean and seemed popular, although we never actually used it. The guy on reception was very friendly and gave us a good welcome but every time we saw him the poor guy was rushed off his feet! A decent small hotel if you are on a budget and for what we wanted it did the job.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank myolee

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Randers, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in may and it was clean and had a small tv and shower and reception service and there was always somebody to help with questions for where to go and what to visit.very nice hotel for solo travelling.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank DS_DENMARK
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

The hotel is very small but clean and also in good location. Room was for two persons and basics. Many most of guests are older couples and single guests. Bar is on streets level and the also the reception is there too. swimming pool is small and has just a fiew sunbeds and it has sun at noon times but early morning a little with out sun. This hotel is perfect for one person alone and I liked it in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank heinz d
Motherwell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

First visit to this hotel & wont be the last, Pete & Toni were very helpfull about places to visit etc, The hospitality was the best i have experienced, food was good. the room was clean, towels change every second day, pool was very relaxing & quite, 100 yards from the beach, I could not have asked for a better holiday

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Billy W
Marmaris, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited Golf Beach for the second time. I was there in July and once again had the best time ever. Peter and Tony made me so welcome. The hotel and my room were spotless. I had a couple of meals this time which were as good as the other restaurants I visited. Really can't fault this place at all. Santa Ponsa in itself was quieter than some resorts which suited me although there were plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Hope to see you next year...love to Peter and Tony. xx

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank B50Edinburgh
South Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Can I also just say that I have stayed and since visited Peter and Tony at the Golf Beach any times over the years and found them both excellent hosts. I have booked in to other hotels in Santa Ponsa but still find myself going over to visit them and laying round the pool finding their hospitality second to none. I look forward once again seeing them both during my/our visit to Santa Ponsa in first two weeks in June 2013. Great place with great hosts and a great atmosphere. se you both soon Phil and Donna

Room Tip: Worth booking
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 629phil
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I just wanted to say how sad I am that I can no longer book this hotel I have spent various holidays here and love the place. Tony and Peter are gentlemen and cannot do enough for you, never forget your name year in year out. To all these people who say air con, etc etc its 2 star what do you expect !! The hotel is spotless, the food is excellent made fresh and always brought to you with a smile. Locations is fab and I cant fault the hotel whatsoever. I have booked my holiday this year but unfortunately its not here due to idiots from last year ruining it for everyone else but I will make a point to go and see Toni and Peter when I am there and hopefully find a way to book it.

Room Tip: you cant go wrong with any of the rooms x
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple