“Fantastic Bargain Hotel”
Review of Hotel Golf Beach

Hotel Golf Beach
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is by far the best 2star hotel I have ever been to. The owners are extremely friendly and make an effort to remember your name. The pool is fantastic and the bar serves good value beer and food. There is never a problem getting a sun lounger. Whilst the hotel has no air conditioning in the rooms they clearly tell you this when you book and anyone who expects aircon in a 2 star hotel is clearly deluded. there is a ceiling fan in every room which we found to be perfectly adequate and if it really bothers you aircon units can be hired from the hotel. All the rooms are spotlessly clean and a good size. I can't imagine how any of the bad reviews have come about because the service is first rate and I cannot find fault with this cracking little hotel

Room Tip: rooms at the back of the hotel (*10 *11) are cooler but the rooms at the front (*02 *03) have huge b...
1  Thank MichaelWard

Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights from 18th of August. We were so impressed with the helpful staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. We were made very welcome upon our arrival at 1am and were able to have a drink and toasties. Tony and Peter were so friendly and helpful. The pool was lovely and we had no bother getting a lounger. The room had no air-conditioning but was fitted with a great ceiling fan. The location was brilliant as it was close to the beach and shops. Tony even helped me out with hiring a wheelchair for my husband. We are definitely going back next year!!!! Thanks so much guys. Linda and Gerry McKenna.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was lovely and quiet.
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed in the Golf Beach during the beginning of July. Fantastic Hotel and wonderful staff. Couldn't do enough for their guests. Rooms exceptionally clean as is the whole hotel.. Yes the rooms are very hot but I hired a fan and it made a huge difference. The pool was a nice size with plenty sun loungers. During my time at the Golf Beach I met some lovely people from England and Ireland and they all said they would be going back next year as will I. xx

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank B50Edinburgh
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We arrived home yesterday morning and are missing it already.What perfect hosts Peter and Toni are-they have just made our holiday with their presence,felt as if they were our friends immediatley.We have stayed in large 4* hotels,where you are just a number,but not here !! Knew exactly how we liked our drinks,the food when we ate there was very generous in size and a great price . What a spotless,clean hotel. We had arranged to meet friends in Magaluf for an evening,and Peter sorted our taxi and arranged it all- nothing is too much trouble in this small and friendly hotel. The only complainers are the very ignorant,bad mannered ones who you will find anywhere .you go !!

Room Tip: May hire air con next time- and a fridge was only about 35 eu the week
1  Thank Carol T
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here with some other people and want to give my honest oppinion. The hotel itself is not that bad, apart from the lack of air conditioning. Breakfast was good and the hotel is clean. Their main fault is the staff. They think that they can bully you and threaten you to keep quiet about your oppinions and problems and thats not good. When I pay to stay at a hotel I expect to be able to complain if something is not right but here they simply to refuse to listen. If they changed their staff it would not be bad for what you pay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jayne S
ManagerSantaPonsa, General Manager at Hotel Golf Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with us. We know we are going to receive a few reviews like yours from the same group of customers accommodated during the same week. You say in your review that you "stayed with more people in the hotel". We know it, we confirm it. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, but we think we must reply your review about some missing information about your behaviour and attitude inside our establishment during your stay. We don´t bully or threaten people, but sometimes like is happening in all the hotels in the island (5 or 6 times during the summer) we have to threaten some special people, advising them they are going to be thrown out from the hotel if they don´t change their behaviours against us or against the goods inside the establishment. In fact, It was very disgusting see how those customers from 7 rooms spent their holidays against us having a meeting in our bar area during one hour just arranging how to make a damage to our property through Tripadvisor.com. In 21 years of experience we haven´t had a week like one I´m speaking to. We don´t have to add more information to our review reply because the rest of good opinions or reviews we have received during last 2 weeks from other customers accommodated with you and your friends, have replied you instead us, explaining what happened and complaining about this group of people that is trying to damage our reputation with their behaviour. The secret of a good job in an hotel is not just a thing coming from the hotel, the best thing we have is the mix between our customers and our employees, those lovely customers is what makes us to be one of the best rated hotels in the island. That mix has been broken during the week I´m speaking to due both parts, due the behaviour of those customers and our employees defending from those behaviours. But, from reports like yours and from others you can find below from the customers accommodated in the seven rooms I mentioned above (titled as 1.-Bad Staff or 2.- Caroline, eire, staff, 3.- Rooms like saunas, 4.-Night porter nightmare). We think it´s time to defend ourselves from those words against our employees, and time that customers feel and understand that they have to have an obligation to follow a minimum common sense good behaviour during their holidays. also, maybe it´s time that an hotel could defend from some customers giving to them an score like you are able to do with hotels. Because you can be sure we consider we have a lovely customers in 99% of days but sometimes the customer can give you a lot of problems from the first second of their stay due their behaviour. We are not surprised to see your report in Tripadvisor.com.
Due all this missing information in your report I publicate this reply, because We are not going to accept you do any damage to our reputation as an hotel and to our employees.
Employees are rude , well, sometimes we make mistakes, but you can be sure we try to improve every day in a good customer care way and so many times we improve our job following our customers recomendations. The last thing I have to tell you is that we are not able to change some of our employees because we are not just staff, we are owners of the hotel and you are complaining about them. Did you know it?

Regards,
Francisco-The Management
Hotel Golf Beach.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

my wife and i stayed at the golf beach hotel for 8 nites. hotel was clean and staff were freindly reading some of the comments about the staff we found both tony and peter to be very helpful and the yong boy who works the nightshift was always polite no problems at all

3  Thank william d
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have just returned from staying at the Golf Beach Hotel, we were there for 17 days.

This lovely little hotel never disappoints. When you walk in the front door, it is as though you are going to stay with friends and family. Within minutes, the staff know your name and you are made to feel as though you are at home.

It's an ideal place for families as it is small and you feel totally safe, not like the larger hotels where you are just another guest and there are hundreds of people passing through the lobby all day. Here, you get to know other guests, and having been there before, meet others who have stayed there before. We have become firm friends with many.

I have heard complaints about this hotel, and from people I met while we were there. However, having met these people I can tell you that they are the ones with the problem - not the hotel. These are the compensation culture types, forever looking for an argument and, more importantly, their money back. We have all met them haven't we? Luckily, they are in the minority and I don't think they will put off anyone who wants to stay in this gem of a hotel.

The rooms are spotlessly clean (thanks to Izzy & Louisa) as is the whole hotel and pool.

No, there isn't any aircon in the rooms but there is a ceiling fan in the room that is adequate in normal temperatures. We happened to be there during a very long heat-wave and found it was cheaper to buy a fan (only 20 Euros) than to hire one - and we brought it home - you know, for those very hot days we have in the UK - one lives in hope LOL!

The bar however is air-conditioned and here you can chat to the lovely Peter and Toni - and how wonderful to sit there in the evening having a drink and chilling before going to dinner - bliss.

The Golf Beach may only have two stars but it has FIVE star service - trust me, I've stayed in expensive hotels around the world and I have found few staff that can match the attention you receive at this hotel.

I was frightened to tell you all how great hotel Golf Beach is, because you may all want to book it next year and there won't be room for my hubby and me. You have been warned!

Room Tip: Ask for the shady side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family