“Staff problems.”
Review of Hotel Golf Beach

Hotel Golf Beach
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here with some other people and want to give my honest oppinion. The hotel itself is not that bad, apart from the lack of air conditioning. Breakfast was good and the hotel is clean. Their main fault is the staff. They think that they can bully you and threaten you to keep quiet about your oppinions and problems and thats not good. When I pay to stay at a hotel I expect to be able to complain if something is not right but here they simply to refuse to listen. If they changed their staff it would not be bad for what you pay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jayne S
ManagerSantaPonsa, General Manager at Hotel Golf Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with us. We know we are going to receive a few reviews like yours from the same group of customers accommodated during the same week. You say in your review that you "stayed with more people in the hotel". We know it, we confirm it. We are sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, but we think we must reply your review about some missing information about your behaviour and attitude inside our establishment during your stay. We don´t bully or threaten people, but sometimes like is happening in all the hotels in the island (5 or 6 times during the summer) we have to threaten some special people, advising them they are going to be thrown out from the hotel if they don´t change their behaviours against us or against the goods inside the establishment. In fact, It was very disgusting see how those customers from 7 rooms spent their holidays against us having a meeting in our bar area during one hour just arranging how to make a damage to our property through Tripadvisor.com. In 21 years of experience we haven´t had a week like one I´m speaking to. We don´t have to add more information to our review reply because the rest of good opinions or reviews we have received during last 2 weeks from other customers accommodated with you and your friends, have replied you instead us, explaining what happened and complaining about this group of people that is trying to damage our reputation with their behaviour. The secret of a good job in an hotel is not just a thing coming from the hotel, the best thing we have is the mix between our customers and our employees, those lovely customers is what makes us to be one of the best rated hotels in the island. That mix has been broken during the week I´m speaking to due both parts, due the behaviour of those customers and our employees defending from those behaviours. But, from reports like yours and from others you can find below from the customers accommodated in the seven rooms I mentioned above (titled as 1.-Bad Staff or 2.- Caroline, eire, staff, 3.- Rooms like saunas, 4.-Night porter nightmare). We think it´s time to defend ourselves from those words against our employees, and time that customers feel and understand that they have to have an obligation to follow a minimum common sense good behaviour during their holidays. also, maybe it´s time that an hotel could defend from some customers giving to them an score like you are able to do with hotels. Because you can be sure we consider we have a lovely customers in 99% of days but sometimes the customer can give you a lot of problems from the first second of their stay due their behaviour. We are not surprised to see your report in Tripadvisor.com.
Due all this missing information in your report I publicate this reply, because We are not going to accept you do any damage to our reputation as an hotel and to our employees.
Employees are rude , well, sometimes we make mistakes, but you can be sure we try to improve every day in a good customer care way and so many times we improve our job following our customers recomendations. The last thing I have to tell you is that we are not able to change some of our employees because we are not just staff, we are owners of the hotel and you are complaining about them. Did you know it?

Regards,
Francisco-The Management
Hotel Golf Beach.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

my wife and i stayed at the golf beach hotel for 8 nites. hotel was clean and staff were freindly reading some of the comments about the staff we found both tony and peter to be very helpful and the yong boy who works the nightshift was always polite no problems at all

3  Thank william d
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have just returned from staying at the Golf Beach Hotel, we were there for 17 days.

This lovely little hotel never disappoints. When you walk in the front door, it is as though you are going to stay with friends and family. Within minutes, the staff know your name and you are made to feel as though you are at home.

It's an ideal place for families as it is small and you feel totally safe, not like the larger hotels where you are just another guest and there are hundreds of people passing through the lobby all day. Here, you get to know other guests, and having been there before, meet others who have stayed there before. We have become firm friends with many.

I have heard complaints about this hotel, and from people I met while we were there. However, having met these people I can tell you that they are the ones with the problem - not the hotel. These are the compensation culture types, forever looking for an argument and, more importantly, their money back. We have all met them haven't we? Luckily, they are in the minority and I don't think they will put off anyone who wants to stay in this gem of a hotel.

The rooms are spotlessly clean (thanks to Izzy & Louisa) as is the whole hotel and pool.

No, there isn't any aircon in the rooms but there is a ceiling fan in the room that is adequate in normal temperatures. We happened to be there during a very long heat-wave and found it was cheaper to buy a fan (only 20 Euros) than to hire one - and we brought it home - you know, for those very hot days we have in the UK - one lives in hope LOL!

The bar however is air-conditioned and here you can chat to the lovely Peter and Toni - and how wonderful to sit there in the evening having a drink and chilling before going to dinner - bliss.

The Golf Beach may only have two stars but it has FIVE star service - trust me, I've stayed in expensive hotels around the world and I have found few staff that can match the attention you receive at this hotel.

I was frightened to tell you all how great hotel Golf Beach is, because you may all want to book it next year and there won't be room for my hubby and me. You have been warned!

Room Tip: Ask for the shady side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank BacardiKid
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have just got back from the Golf Beach Hotel. (21st-28th August) I went with my Fiance and I must say it is so much better than a 2 star. It is always very clean, the staff are all very nice and cheerful and are always happy to help. Nothing is too much trouble. We stayed bed and breakfast and again the breakfast was ideal. Cereals, toast, tea, coffee and other nibbly bits on offer. The pool area is lovely, never a problem with sunbeds and again always clean and quiet too which is good if you want to relax. I never ate any of the meals but they did look awesome!!! The bedrooms are a nice size and again clean. Yes the rooms do get pretty warm dury the summer but if you go on a SUMMER holiday to get heat and sunshine then you shouldn't really complain. I slept fine every night.
I would definately stay here again.

2  Thank Mackenzie1063
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a week in Santa Ponsa staying at the Golf Beach Hotel and absolutely loved it! It was our first holiday away together and perfect for what we paid. The hotel was spotless and our rooms were cleaned and beds made everyday, with towels changed every other. We did buy a fan at the supermarket up the road and it cost us 17euros but was worth it, the rooms are like a sauna at night. The hotel is fairly small and we sat at the pool everyday where it felt as though we had our own private villa! There were no more than 20 people there at one point, we always found a bed.

From the main center the Golf Beach was around a 15min walk but there were plenty places to eat and drink closer if thats what you wanted. The beach is 5 mins away. It was very clean and lovely to relax on.

The staff can not be faulted; I take my hat off to them. They do about 3 jobs when they are on their shifts!! Peter was extremely helpful! We asked him twice to suggest somewhere to eat, both in Santa Ponsa and Palma, and he was spot on each time. (If you are looking for a curry, Khan's, a 30 min walk away is brilliant. 27 euros for a set menu for two. Can't go wrong!)

Overall we had an amazing holiday. Santa Ponsa is lovely and so is the Golf Beach. Thank you very much for having us and I am sure we will be back again.

1  Thank Hollie E
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed at the Golf Beach last year and have just read the the recent negative reviews sent by a particular group. I feel I have to support the hotel management and staff for running a top class and very friendly establishment. It's quite obvious to me where the issue is here and it's not with the hotel team.

Well done boys! I'll certainly be back to support you in the not too distant future (don't let the buggers get you down!).

John (& Gerard).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank BlackburnRovers
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was just pricing this hotel as I have booked flights and was reading the Trip Advisor reviews. I stayed here about 3 years ago with my husband when Globespan were on the go and kind of know where the people are coming from. During our stay, unfortunately there were about 5 men who were from Scotland (embarrasing!) and they were a bit of a nuisance; pretty drunk and chapping doors at night; but Peter and Tony dealt with the situation very well. I found Peter to be a very charming man; its a small hotel and a little sun trap at the back where the pool is. We met so many great people there but did experience some problems later at night; I think the main problem is the block of flats right next to the hotel; they are residential and when the hotel guests sit out in the terrace then the noise echos. Its the no-smoking in the hotel rule; meaning although you can sit in and have a drink, you cannot go outside; we experienced this; we were sitting outside with two irish sisters and some other guests smoking and laughing and the night watchman was edgy and said he was calling the police. I think it is a problem because of where the hotel is located, its not really in a built up hotel area. I dont know if this was the same night person, he always wore the same white trousers and slept on the couches in the lounge, but apart from that, we had a good experience here so much so that I was looking to go again but unfortunately, its fully booked for when I want to go. It did state when I booked that it was a 24 hour bar!!!! quite a lot of people decided to go and socialise on their balconies and that didnt go down well either!! I would never say Peter was rude, I thought he was a gentleman dont know if they have changed the watchman but I wouldnt fancy that job, so I say you need to have a bit of respect for everyone concerned; I still would go back and stay there as it is very reasonably priced; shame its not No. 1 anymore though.

Room Tip: Dont think you actually get a choice but rooms at the back ar quieter and try and avoid near the sta...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple