“Pirates Village just ruined our holiday!”
Review of Pirates VIllage

Pirates VIllage
Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Before we had finished paying for our holiday there was a ridiculous communication oversight with Thomas Cook customers - some were able to go and some weren't due to a contract dispute between the two parties. We waited months to find out and were anxious right up until we checked in.

We finally got there. Communication on sight was very limited and we were very rarely understood properly. Staff were abrupt and made us feel uneasy. There were a couple of staff that were great.

Food was good.

Entertainment was shocking!

Competitions are badly run and badly managed!

Ants in our room.

Uncomfortable basic room.

Nice decor.

Pools are VERY cold.

Our son loved it. We thought it was alright, but since we've been back we have had lots of communication issues and disputes with them. Not happy at all.

4  Thank Finst385
There are newer reviews for Pirates VIllage

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just had a short break here with my mom and two teenage kids. I'll admit that the animation is more geared towards younger kids but mine both had a blast! The staff are friendly, the drinks flow freely, the food is great (certainly something for everyone). Rooms are well equipped, however we stayed all inclusive and it felt like all we did was eat! I do think that snacks should be served a little later (snack bar closes at 6) but that was only because sometimes you didn't feel like having dinner quite so early. Seating is a bit of an issue (not many outside which is where the animation takes place) but all in all, this was a great value for money. The pirate attacks are hilarious....they really go to town!!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Before staying at the pirates village myself and my partner read the many reviews that trip advisor has to offer and I have to say that I was slightly dubious as we were taking a 5 year old on her first holiday abroad, we wanted everything to be perfect.

As soon as we arrived my worries were put aside, the reception staff were great. Our room wasn't ready however we only had to wait 15 minutes before being given our key and had been given our all inclusive wristbands straight away so we could have always gone for some food. After seeing the outside of the hotel we were excited to get in and by the pool so threw the bags in the room straight away. We arrived around 1pm and there were still plenty of sunbeds left.

A lot of people have given negative reviews about the rooms, they are basic but are clean and all look out onto the pool. This is the first year the pirates village has been open so of course there will be things to change. Beds weren't the comfiest but when you're used to home comforts it's difficult to get settled. Had a fridge and a kitchenette, also a tv with kids channel for the little one.

The pool is great, different depths for all ages and the pirate theme continues here. (The adults even get to walk the plank during the pirate attack). Only downside here were the lifeguards, they may as well have gone home as they didn't do much.

We arrived on a Sunday which is pirate attach day, that was great and all the kids loved it. I'd have to say I don't know who was more excited, me or them. However we only saw the pirates twice after that which was a bit of a let down.

The food was ok, I managed to go for seconds at nearly every sitting so can't complain about that. Quite basic but I didn't get bored, only a small selection for the kids though and our little girl did struggle for things to eat.

Whilst there we got caught up in a thunderstorm and most visitors ended up sat in the restaurant. Would have been good to have a bit of entertainment or even some music but I do understand its a sunshine resort.

The kids loved the mini club and the girls running it were great. I definitely have to mention the bar/restaurant staff who literally don't stop from breakfast till midnight and always had a smile on their faces. And of course, stephenie, the lovely manager who our little girl fell in love with. She spent a lot of time with visitors asking their opinion on things.

If you've got this far well done.......overall we had a great time and I was genuinely gutted to be leaving after only a week. We are thinking about going back next year as a bigger group.

Enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jkboyle
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed at Pirates Village for 1 week all-inclusive with my husband and two kids aged 3 and 5. I really think some people have been overly harsh with their comments on here, my kids loved it and had a great time and if they’re happy I’m happy. Lets face it kids do not care about or notice the things that adults do.
The hotel itself looks great and pool area was very good, lots of slides and small pools for little kids, my kids thoroughly enjoyed playing here all day. Now some of the kids do run around mad but you can’t blame the hotel for this and you’ll always get kids like this no matter where you go.
The rooms where ok and yes they are a little dated but I’ve stayed in worse and they’re doing them up other the winter. They were clean, however they were not cleaned 5 days a week as stated.
The food was ok and you could always find something to eat, meats, fish, salads, some kind of pasta or rice dish and cakes and ice cream. Usual stuff out at breakfast the bread rolls always nice and fresh, lunch they should put out the cold meats and cheese again as people don’t always want a hot meal for lunch Sausages weren’t nice at all and the cereals’ awful. Pasta dishes weren’t great either the tomato sauce they put out looked like a can of condensed tomato soup! The quality of the food they put out for kids needs to improve as you can tell they’ve bought the cheapest possible nuggets, fish fingers etc!
I was quite bored with the food by the end of the week and it would be good if they improved the quality of some of the food they put out, maybe do themed nights
Entertainment was good and my kids loved the mini disco and enjoyed the shows the hotel staff did. The Pirates that come into the hotel were really good and funny, we even got a visit off them in our room! I think they need to rethink all entertainment being off on a Friday!
Entertainment and kids club staff are great and kids loved Jellie Belly Ellie and Robbie. Staff at the hotel was nice as well, helpful, friendly and work long hours.
This hotel has the potential to be amazing if a few small things are sorted out. All in all we had a great time and I would come back as my kids loved it.

1  Thank Jen17
Reviewed November 1, 2013

One of the most surprising let downs this year. My family was all excited and as we saw the hotel it was better and bigger than the photos. My son (9) couldn't wait to get swimming and rushed us to get unpacked and by the pool. The water was freezing and he could only swim for about ten minutes before shivering so he had to keep getting out to warm up. They have gone to the trouble of doing all the themed bit but why a simple thing like a temperature control has been forgotten seemed ludicrous. It ruined the whole week for him. The dining room was a mess! food was lukewarm, with way too much salt in the dishes, the way you find a table is a " go for it " style and the staff were trying hard to keep up but failing badly, coming to take plates when you hadn't finished, so rude, it needed more staff at busy times.
Other people have been kind and described the rooms as " basic " well I'm not kind, the room was disgusting, and the age of furniture shocking, the mattress was stained and hard and an old shoulder problem reappeared by the fourth night with no support at night. The housekeeping was below average, our bedding only got changed on the third day.
The kids club was loud and the kids screamed about with the pirates but my son was bored by the fifth day and just wanted to play with some of the other kids rather than meet at the designated club. So I even failed a 9 yr old.
Whole drama was a fail. Give it a wide berth.

5  Thank Andie M
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Absolutely fantastic. Was gutted when my husband booked this and tried to change it for something more grown up but was assured by the travel agent that everyone who came loved it. I wasn't disappointed fantastic location wonderful staff and facilities and best of all was my 7 year olds face everyday of the holiday, it was her first foreign holiday and she absolutely loved it. Food was great with a fantastic selection. the kids club was brilliant I can't find a bad word to say about the place and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Lucyclare2
Reviewed October 31, 2013

brilliant pool area, pirate themed and fun.... excellent 'pirate' animations team and a particularly brilliant mini club, the most secure and fun i have ever taken my children to...... my 6yr old had the most fun of any of his holidays here. its a brilliant concept that would be amazing if it was carried through to the accommodation which we found to be tired and rather disappointing . the dining room was very pirate themed and pretty but the disorganisation of the way it was run let it down. that said, the staff did the very best they could manage. i felt they were running on a skeleton staff during oct half term..... all in all though, it was a very good place to be and i'm sure improvements will be made...... the entertainment was very good though a little late for the young ones

1  Thank sharonandy
#5 of 35 in Santa Ponsa
Plazamar Serenity Resort
Plazamar Serenity Resort
#16 of 35 in Santa Ponsa

Been to Pirates VIllage? Share your experiences!