“Superb holiday for families”
Review of Pirates VIllage

Pirates VIllage
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a great time. Could do with more entertainment for teenagers but all in all we enjoyed our stay the pool area was cleaned every night and pool was cleaned every morning . Staff were all very friendly and extremely helpful. Hotel is only ten minute walk from local beach and the surrounding shops although there is a supermarket opposite

1  Thank Graham L

Reviewed October 30, 2013

What a brillant holiday for myself, hubby and children. The food was excellent and they had a children's section. The staff were great and always willing to help. My daughter loved Monkey the pirate he was very funny. The mini disco was my 7 years old favourite thing to do and we all loved the shows. The only bad point were the matresses,we came back with bad backs. Remember to bring your children's pirate costumes, as they will be needing them lol.

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We have just arrived home from Pirates Village. We stayed for 3 nights. The apartments are a little basic. As a family of four we had one room with 2 single beds where the kids slept and we slept in the front room on the beds/sofas. Our apartment had a full working kitchen complete with fridge, microwave and toasters even though we were all inclusive. The beds were changed on the second day of our 3 day stay.
Meal times could be a little busy but the staff worked tiredlessly to clean quickly. There was a good choice of fresh food at each meal time.
The pool area was amazing. Being the end of October the pool was a little cold however our children had so much fun in there that they refused to leave!
My biggest compliment goes to the kids club. I felt my 4 year old was safer there than at school! He took part in a huge range of activies as well as a part in one of the evening shows. The kids disco was also a huge success.
I dont think I've ever visited a place so geared up for the enjoyment of the whole family! Both children (aged 11 and 4) claimed "this is the best holiday ever..."

1  Thank west82
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Just come back from this awsome place. When we arrived the front of the building was wow, we had the warmest welcome from the man behind the reception, all the bar staff are extremely friendly. The kids club was ace "they love the kids" and the pirates are most entertaining "I loved winding them up". People on the reviews say about the rooms being basic, yes they are but the room is only a base and if you go on holiday to stay in the room this place probs isn't the holiday for you as you would miss out on so much. I am booking again for next year. All round brill holiday.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I don't know if the hotel we stayed at looked the same as the hotel others have been writing about at the beginning of the summer but at the end of the summer it was in serious need of a deep clean and touch up. We brought our two 8 & 11 to this themed hotel with high expectations. As everyone says the ship and skull on the outside is a show stopper, but only makes the inside of the hotel look worse. The ONE lady on the desk had way too many people to check in, check out, answer the phone she was trying to do it all and not doing anything very quickly as a result. We got into our room after about 25 minutes. This is where you hope it's all gone wrong and you are in the wrong room, but we weren't. As I've said shocking quality. The food was served warm and once the nuggets were actually hot, steady on we'll be wanting them hot everyday. The chips were good, extra greasy mmm. The kids had fun in the pool, enjoyed running around and screaming with the pirates and the kiddy disco was a big hit. More like a two star, that's what we give it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Just got back from Pirates Village where we went for 3 nights. Overall it was great, the apartments whilst simple and a bit dated were sufficient, the food again was fine and we never found a meal where we were low on choice. The pool area was fantastic, my 3 year old daughter loved it, it is much more fun than your average pool. The kids club is also good along with the mini disco. Pirate attack also fantastic. Also it was within 5 mins of the beach.
It would have been better with a few more pirate things during the other days and a different layout for the restaurant buffet would have helped cut down on queues.
However overall we had a great time and if you have young kids they will love it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Where do I start ?

The staff were helpful, friendly and courteous

The accommodation was clean and safe and well equipped

The entertainment was great, every attempt was made to involve kids and adults alike. I, myself got kidnapped by pirates!

The pool area was great and not too crowded.

The dining area was busy but the staff coped amazingly well and we only had to wait for a table twice all week and the wait was for less than 5 minutes each time.

The food was well cooked and presented, varied and plentiful and the staff were happy to accommodate myself as a non meat eater upon request.

I really cannot find fault and have already booked up for next year, bring it on !!!!

• Stayed: September 2013