We returned from this hotel on 29th July 2014 after a 10 ten all inclusive holiday. The hotel is in a brilliant location in the centre of Santa Ponsa, only a few minutes from the beach, shops and bars and a short walk down to the Square where they have live music every night. We thought the hotel itself was of a good standard for a 3*, all the staff were really helpful and friendly, everywhere was clean including the rooms, although they are a little dated (but they are refurbishing next year to a 4*). The only one downside to the room was not having sufficient storage space for a family of 3. The rooms are made up and cleaned daily and towels changed if need be. The walls are very thin and as long as you are lucky with who is next door you won't have much noise but some advise would be, like we did, to take some ear plugs, they worked a treat and we had good nights sleeps. On reading some other reviews, we were surprised to hear comments on the pool area, we always found a sun lounger every morning and in the sun not the shade, and that was going to put towels down at 9am before going into breakfast. We found the food to be great, plenty of choice every day and the quality was good, the only slight downside was the outside snack bar where toasted sandwiches were left piled up outside for you to help yourself (that includes using the three toastie makers yourself), maybe that could be changed! Coffee and tea facilities were available as self service throughout the day. The entertainment was okay but we have seen better, on speaking to another family who have been there a number of times previously the entertainment team had only been changed this year and they said it had been much better before which was a shame. Overall we would return back to the hotel, hopefully next year, as we didn't have any major issues, we just hope the prices won't be too much higher due to the upgrade!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within 200 m. from the stunning beach of Santa Ponsa, the Zafiro Rey don Jaime hotel features a wide range of facilities for children such as games, animation programme, pool, playgroung and much more, which make this exclusive 4-star resort the ideal accommodation for some family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zafiro Rey don Jaime reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rey Don Jaime
- Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa
- Zafiro Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa, Majorca