“Good relaxing holiday”

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
yorkshire
“Good relaxing holiday”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Had a week at this hotel beginning of October and had a lovely, relaxing time. Hotel is clean, food was plentiful and hot, staff continuously re-filling the trays and emptying tables.
As it was October the hotel was fairly quiet so there was never any problem getting a sunbed around the pool any time of day, however in the height of season I'm sure it would be a totally different story as the pool area is not big enough for the size of the hotel. Having said that there is a lovely beach less than five minutes walk away which we went to.
Evening entertainment was pretty good, the entertainment team work very hard, however some of the 'acts' were better than others, but no complaints they all put alot of effort into it.
Overall, we had a good holiday and would go again out of season but can imagine the place would have a different feel in the height of summer and would probably be too busy and loud for me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank breakawayyorks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Polish first
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have just returned from a week here with my husband and 3 children. I'm not sure where these other people stayed who wrote some of these reviews, but our experience was excellent from start to finish. The hotel staff were extremely friendly, helpful, accommodating and professional at all times. On arrival we were introduced to the hotel manager who was a delightful lady. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was wonderful with a huge amount of choice. We went all inclusive and drinks were always available and again there was a wide choice.
The hotel is situated a 5 minute walk from the beautiful sandy and very clean beach, shops and restaurants.
We could not have asked for a better place to spend our week away. Absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed October 2013
7 Thank Helendoma
south
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Last minute so not much choice.
- we had a fab room at the end of the 3rd floor, just 2 rooms next to each other and nice quiet view of mountains, room was cleaned daily, shower was really good. Really can't complain at all about our room.
- hotel is kept nice and clean all day
- food was ok, I suppose what you would expect. They did a few themed evenings which were well planned and showed effort. Tables were cleaned promptly. Deserts were not great apart from the profiteroles on a wednesday, perfect. But to be honest doing all inclusive for 2 weeks would have been terrible if the deserts were gorgeous!
- pool, it was high season, what more can I say, perfect for kids, making friends, pool activities. Was always crowded, apparently people queued in the morning for the sunbeds, there weren't many free if any by the time we go to the pool.
- location, excellent in my view. Beach is at the end of the road, sea was lovely, lots of fish around, standard water activities. We went to the beach daily, forget the pool, you actually had space to swim in the sea and meet people.
- we didn't eat out so can't comment on restaurants.
- we went on a boat trip which was good, you get tickets at the end of the road, didnt have to pay for 6 yr old.
Staff at hotel - lovely, the chef in the restaurant was one of the best. The kids club was fab, and so was the evening entertainment, plus lots of kids all playing together, little disco for the kids. Reception was always helpful and nice.
- marineland worth a visit for the dolphin show.

We had a few evenings walking by the beachfront, lots of street sellers, some cartoonist, went up to the club area for a walk, didn't go in any of the pubs,

Overall had a good holiday, would I return, not if I had the choice. Why? Mainly I would like a bigger pool area, it was just too crowded for me, when my daughter wanted me in the pool, you were constantly ducking out of the way of balls. Not a complaint, kids play, just did my head in. Also, I like to visit new places. Give it a try.

On arrival reception were quite slow, we had a night flight so were very tired, they were polite etc but they could at least make this process faster by putting more people on the desk.

My 6 year old a brilliant time, I met some nice people, completely relaxed for 2 weeks with no stress, so a old holiday!

Room Tip: Ask for end of floor room facing the mountains.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank elbellster
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Got there 20/10/13 booked in £20 for safe, £20 for fridge, £10 remote for TV, we was inclusive, don't no why but the first couple of days the food was terrible but after that the food was fine, don't no why ?.
Snack bar during the day was a bit basic to say the least, burgers, sausage, chips and bread, plastic knife and forks.
A lot of the hotel staff just was so miserable, they must of had a long summer.

• Stayed October 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Just returned from this hotel after 7 very good days. People should not take any notice of the negative reviews of this hotel, if they want 5* they should book 5*. I found on arrival the reception very clean and the receptionist very polite and friendly. The room (474) was adequate and clean overlooking a park and the beach. Maid service was daily and efficient. Food was very good on an all inclusive deal. Although the bar staff were quick and responsive they must learn how to smile, dour does not do them justice. The entertainment in the evenings was something I have never experienced before. Loud and manic comes to mind and the BINGO BONGO hour??? watch it on you tube, to see is to believe, most people retired to the pool area to hold a conversation. However, all in all I certainly will be going back.

Room Tip: Try and get a south facing room sunshine for most of the day or a corner position
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MICHAEL D
bournemouth uk
Reviewed October 29, 2013

the hotel was brilliant max the entertainer was fab they all was so good thompson was very good and helpful if you cant manage a coach you have to get a taxi to were your going they say you pay taxi they refund you disabled room very good recomend it 2 mins from beach set lovely time to go

Room Tip: 5th floor was good we was up there good view of the sea not to bad for noise we heard abit nothing t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Alan D
Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife, myself and 2 friends....one of whom birthday we celebrated all had a fantastic holiday between 10 17th October.. The hotel staff were very friendly,along with our Thomsons reps whom put themselves out to help in any way. The rooms very clean,tidy, bathrooms spacious .
The dining area well mapped out, with a daily vast amount of choice of delicious food ( and believe me we sampled everything !).
The pool area ...where we stayed daytime ......absolutely fantastic. the booze exception,and daytime snacks tasty.
The town is very big and full of entertaining bars and cafe, s. Also some lovely shops, that are very reasonably priced. The beach clean and tidy....and the sea very warm to swim in.
We were lucky enough to catch the Oktoberfest which was an added bonus.
I enjoyed the holiday so much my wife treated me to a Tatoo ( 007) loll.
Above all the people we met on holiday were a great bunch, and can not wait to go again !
The entertainment (which is usually naff in these places) was a pleasant refreshing surprise".......KEEP IT UP.
Hope to return very soon. :-)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends