I stayed at this hotel mid August 2013 for a week with my friend. We are 2 young girls in our mid twenties. This was my second visit to this hotel and was excited to return.
Upon arrival, not much had changed from my previous visit in 2012. Great!
Great selection of buffet food, always something to eat, hot or cold - even for the fussiest of eaters. Great staff in restaurant, although sometimes there were too many people in there for the service to keep up. Food was changed and renewed regularly, even if trays of food weren't finished.
Go for all inclusive as this will save you money on the drinks. They use Coca Cola and Fanta none of this 'sparkling orange' , and water is included. Local spirits included and cocktails from the menu too - great value for money.
The sunbed queue is an issue, we got up early to secure a good poolside location. If you are not bothered but just want a base there are beds left at 8:30am (when the doors open to the pool area), but people do queue early - and you can't blame them. There are not many parasols and if you want to keep an eye on your children you want to be close to the pool. We didn't want or need either, but due to the large amount of teenagers in the hotel who jump in, run around, splash you and swear, we wanted to pick our spot so the holiday could be as relaxing as possible. On the first day I had to speak to one group who were constantly splashing us. That would be the only downfall, those with teenagers who are being loud don't appear to see it as their duty to ask their own child to calm down... If you cannot get near the pool and do have younger children the lifeguard is great and will speak to you if he feels there is a problem.
The hotel is only a 2 minute walk from the beach, and on days we didn't want to wake up early, we enjoyed heading down there. 4 euros 50 for a sunbed wasn't too bad at all, its just frustrating to go far from the hotel when you have paid for all inclusive.
There are a variety of shops, restaurants and bars along and up from the strip. We never saw any bother and enjoyed going out a few times feeling safe and being close to 'home.'
All inclusive does end on 3pm of your last day, with checkout at midday. If you have a late flight I would advise booking a late check out room until 6pm at the time of booking to guarantee availability. Also there is a supermarket 2 minutes away from the hotel and for 1 euro you can buy a large 2l bottle of water, which will see you through until your departure time I am sure.
Entertainment team as ever do a fantastic job - although if people don't want to join in I don't appreciate them being forced, or watching people get pushed of their sunbeds into the pool to join in with water dancing. I loved all the activities, but some people have medical conditions etc. and have reasons they can't join in - I think the entertainment team need to show a little more respect for that. Rosh is brilliant with the children.
This is a good 3* hotel with a great atmosphere, helpful staff, a variety of food and drink and great location. Rooms are dated and could do with being cleaned as well as refreshed (towels changed and beds made). I would return with a family group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within 200 m. from the stunning beach of Santa Ponsa, the Zafiro Rey don Jaime hotel features a wide range of facilities for children such as games, animation programme, pool, playgroung and much more, which make this exclusive 4-star resort the ideal accommodation for some family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Zafiro Rey don Jaime reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rey Don Jaime
- Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa
- Zafiro Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa, Majorca