Just returned from a week at this hotel and the kids say it is the best holiday they have been on. They are boys aged 14 and 9 and they made LOADS of friends who were good fun, well behaved and a pleasure to be around. This is a family hotel without screaming unruly kids and adults who don't just sit around he pool drinking all day. The reception area is modern and clean and reception staff helpful. We were offered a "family room" as we did not want two rooms on different floors. We were given two family rooms to look at and accepted one. It was a little dated with no balcony but clean. We could of been put into two rooms together with a balcony the next day but as we had unpacked decided to stay put. Our decision ....so can not complain. We don't spend much time in the room anyway. The room was cleaned daily and clean (poor quality) towels provided. The cooked breakfast was very good with English bacon and sausages, our little one loved the hash browns! Continental breakfast and cereals also available. As with most hotels I have experienced the toaster was crap but you got to interact with other guests whilst putting the bread through several times, lol. Lunch/ snack bar is what you would expect. The evening meals were ok, you could always find something. The Yorkshire puddings and roast meats were my preferred choice. The entertainment staff were BRILLIANT, especially MAX who was hilarious. They work very hard, involve everyone but do not pressure you if you don't fancy joining in. Evening entertainment was three proffessional acts then the entertainment team filling in the gaps. Again , this was Ok as the kids were happy with their mates (within view) having a fab time and we could relax knowing they we're safe and did the nightly quiz/bingo bongo. We did go out to eat two nights just to have a break from the norm. The pool was fine but there was not enough sun beds and parosols. On the bright side, the beach is a stones throw away and you can hire them there. On holiday I am not rushing down to put towels on sun beds at 8am , so again not a huge problem as I did not bother! Again not a huge problem as we went out on two day trips anyway. You can usually grab them late afternoon when it is cooler which I prefer. Drinks were fine. Hubby got a tip to put a bit sprite in the lager to take the bitterness off but did not try so can not comment. The spirits were very generous measures and the red wine OK. Cocktails available. Kids loved he slush and ice creams. All in all I would go back with the kids, but not as a couple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within 200 m. from the stunning beach of Santa Ponsa, the Zafiro Rey don Jaime hotel features a wide range of facilities for children such as games, animation programme, pool, playgroung and much more, which make this exclusive 4-star resort the ideal accommodation for some family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zafiro Rey don Jaime reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rey Don Jaime
- Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa
- Zafiro Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa, Majorca