“Amazing location!”

Zafiro Rey don Jaime
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
“Amazing location!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend (aged 18 and 19 at the time) went to this hotel last year. We thought it was fab! The location is absolutely perfect, literally 5 minute walk (if that) to the beach, bars, shops and restaurants. The beach is stunning and massive! Sun beds are v expensive but thats the case everywhere. There are watersports too, we went on a pedalo which was a laugh! We stayed AI and found the food and drink absolutely brilliant, couldnt fault it at all although I preferred breakfast to evening dinner because some evenings nothing really stood out to me, I ended up choosing something because I had to but I find that this happens at most hotels. There was always plenty of room in the restaurant, it never felt over crowded. Evening entertainment is great, so much fun! Starts off with the kids disco (we were usually still having dinner when this was on but caught the end some nights and the children looked like they were having a ball!) then they do bingo bongo, followed by a quiz, followed by an entertainment act. All were great, we actually stayed in the hotel every night and made the most of the AI cocktail menu! The only downside is, we went in May so it was still a bit too cool for outdoor entertainment so it was held in the bar area but this isn't the biggest and we found if we didn't get there early enough we would really struggle for seats. There is the option to sit outside though and listen in so that's good. The hotel itself is very modern, clean and bright. The pool area is lovely and all sunbeds get the sun during the day. Unfortunately, I wasn't overly impressed with the rooms, they were very old fashioned and small but the bathrooms are nice and an average size. I would highly recommend this hotel! Perfect for everyone but I would say the majority of guests were families and older couples.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Charlxx25

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Was at this hotel twice last year and had a great time. the staff were fantastic and could not do enough for us the reception staff were fantastic and the entertainment was great Max is great at his job whether entertaing kids or adults.Night life is great and only a short walk to the bars. looking forward to going again this year and meeting the staff again
K Beattie Glasgow

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kate B
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Last year we went with our 2 children, both were 14/15, they had a whale of a time, took them at least say give or take 4-5 days to settle in, and make friends, but they enjoyed which is always a good sign, Max works so hard at his job and is always hilarious! so much for you to do, nightly bingo and quiz! pool table for the kids to play, food is spectacular! light walk to the beach, also Western Water Park is a very good place to take your kids they will love it

Room Tip: Not too close to the pool area if you sleep early! can be quite noisy, but who would sleep early wit...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jaydee O
Gatwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I took my kids on our first all inclusive holiday (July/August 2012) with some trepidation after having watched the Benidorm series on TV) and was very pleasantly surprised by this resort. The common areas are modern, loads of facilities to keep the kids occupied, and the food in the restaurant was always good quality, varied, and plenty of it. The food around the pool was a little boring but we didn't go there to focus on food. Drinks were always available, although no more than two per person at a time which meant at least one of my kids had to accompany me and stand in the queue, or I had to queue twice. The rooms are a bit dated, but clean and adequate. Again, we didn't go there to spend time in the room. The resort is one block away from the beach, which is absolutely magnificent. Loads of entertainment at night, even my kids enjoyed it. All in all a very good resort if you're looking for a family holiday. I would go again!

3 Thank Deon R
england
Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was our first time to this hotel and Santa Ponsa and for the money we paid it was good value, we went all inclusive. The breakfasts were very good ........the selection of food at night was ok we always managed to eat. The snacks around the pool in the day were good but you also had the choice of eating in the restaurant at lunchtime where there was a good choice of food.We found the bar staff to be really friendly .......in fact all of the staff were excellent. I reported that my door to the balcony did not lock and it was fixed within the hour. The staff on reception were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble.The rooms are dated but really clean and I think thats all that matters. The walls are thin and you can hear people coming to bed at night but that did not bother us. We did have trouble getting a sunbed and for the size of the hotel the pool was rather small but we just went to the beach . The entertainment team are really good but do not hassle you to join in. The resort itself is wonderful I will definately be returning ,we went to palma for the day and I would recommend doing this but don't do the organised trip its better to go and please yourself. This hotel is good value it was the staff that made it extra special and Santa Ponsa is gorgeous hopefully we will be returning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank frosties3
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This hotel is lovely spotless amazing food and good entertainment beach at the end of the street we loved it the food is amazing more like a four star hotel
We took my mother in her 70,s and this year my daughter son in law and 3 grandchildren are going its my granddaughter 13th and hopefully I'm going as a surprise can't wait would recommend to anyone young and old

7 Thank denise b
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was excellent. Restaurant and food very good. The rooms were clean and well furnished. Just a short walk from the beautiful sandy beach. Hotel had a lovely foyer and was most welcoming. This was our first time in Santa Ponsa and we found it a lovely resort, for couples and families. Lots of places to walk, bars to visit and places to eat. Two great fish and chip shops as well. Would definately go back.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the front of the hotel, a couple of floors up. We found this not to be a problem...
7 Thank ambalilly