Hope this honest review is of use, especially for families!
Just returned from the Rey Don Jaime with my family of three kids (14, 13, 9) and we were unsure what to expect from our all inclusive stay (Thomson / First Choice) with reading other reviews on tripadvisor, but it was our best holiday ever...
The hotel is between a 3 and 4 stars in terms of decor, but the staff are 5 stars, especially Max and Rosh who are part of the hotel entertainment team. Those who have been and danced in the pool (Chichewa Chichewa Chi Chi Wa Wa Wa) or played bingo with a difference will know what I mean (Shake it up, shake it up)) and I don’t normally like bingo.... very funny Max!!! Rosh is great with the kids and when I say great she really is the best I've seen and that coming from a me a nurse and my wife who works in a primary school and my 9 year old had lots of fun with her.
The food is great and not repetitive, you have the basics on a daily basis and around 5 or 6 different dishes every day, catering from chips and beans for the kids to great food for adults. All local drinks (Spain) are free as part of all inclusive and you can really have as much as you want.... The rooms are cleaned daily and the rest of the hotel always looked very clean, even in the busy restaurant. Drinks and food available at the pool side, with covering for those very hot days.
The pool does get busy, but we did go in the peak season, although we did get 4 beds everyday and we didn’t go to the pool until after breakfast at around 10ish, we did not always get an umbrella, which is our own fault.
The hotel is a 3 minute walk from the beautiful and clean sandy beach, with sea that is very clean and safe for kids, with them going out to around 50 meters without any problems, that’s until they saw the fish, lol..
Santa Ponsa is a really clean place and great family orientated resort and we would definitely go back with the kids.
Hotel Décor 85/100
Hotel Food 100/100
Santa Ponsa Town 90/100
Beach / Sea 100/100
Max & Rosh 200/100
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within 200 m. from the stunning beach of Santa Ponsa, the Zafiro Rey don Jaime hotel features a wide range of facilities for children such as games, animation programme, pool, playgroung and much more, which make this exclusive 4-star resort the ideal accommodation for some family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Zafiro Rey don Jaime reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rey Don Jaime
- Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa
- Zafiro Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa, Majorca