“One of the best we have used”

SENTIDO Punta del Mar
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel from Thos Cooks brochure and checked the reviews on trip advisor. It was everythng that was said. The staff (all the staff ) were friendly and helpful and nothing appeared to be a problem The views from the hotel were the best we have ever had as all rooms had sea views across the bay and sea.
We had a standard room on the third floor which was quite spacious with plenty of wardrobe space and shelf space. The balcony was exceptional. 12 - 15 ft. long housing 2 sunloungers so yu could sunbathe all day without gouing to the pool area and 2 chairs to sit in the shade if was too hot. Thre was privacy from your neighbours if you wanted peace and quite and a spot if you wanted to chat with them. Never hd a balcony like it.
The restaurant was very good the food plentiful varied and hot fo both breakfast and the evening meal. Yes the hotel has a policy of gentlemen wearing long trousers for dinner with which I quite agree. To the odd gentlemen who chose to ignore the policy I abhor their lack of respect.
The location was a couple of miles from the centre of Sant Ponsa with no public transport other than taxis. The walk for us was pleasant although rather up hill which after a week became a bit of a chore, but I would not let this deter anyone from staying there.

Room Tip: Rooms 320 - 340 are directly beneath the restaurant. At mealtimes it could be annoying from the nois...
1  Thank jarrowlad
H-Director, Gerente at SENTIDO Punta del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for all your comments about the hotel.

Regarding to the staff, which is one of the strong points of the hotel, they work hard to give a good service and to keep always our guests happy.

Thank you as well for staying at Sentido Punta del Mar and we hope to see you soon again!

Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,896)

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I am going to review as true as I can.

Arrival. Reception area is very nice and the huge glass windows make this a lovely place to sit and relax.
Check in was fast and efficient.
Room. Was very small on the 3rd floor, we had only booked the standard room so we weren't really dissapointed. Light from the corridor shines through the door at night time and the doors on this floor all seem to bang shut. Balcony had 2 seats and a table with a nice view of the bay and sea. We would book a suite for our next trip though as they seem to have better amenities.
Pool. The pool is the best we have ever used at any hotel including 5 star, very peaceful and clean. The pool attendant is not rude as other reviewers have said.
Food. The restaurant buffet is what you would expect from any hotel which is supplying meals to a couple of hundred guests in a couple of hours. The selection is very good, fresh, refreshed as soon as needed and would suit all tastes. We had a meal in the 'a la carte' section and it was 'out of this world', the waiter David and the chef were just amazing, the service in here was FIRST CLASS and a lovely bottle of Rioja.
Bars. The bars were really good with great service from all the staff (Anna was a Star), good luck in her new job.
Staff. The staff are all very helpful, friendly, smiling, courtious and really couldn't do enough to ensure that you were enjoying your stay. The Blue Bar is the place to go for the sunsets.
Enntertainment. Was not our thing, but Sam and Adam work very hard to keep all entertained.
We enjoyed sitting on the terrace at night just enjoying the peacefulness of the place.

We will return to hotel, but we would book a suite to make it a better experience.

Room tip, Book a suite and ask for more pillows

This is a really good, peaceful hotel with stunning views from all parts of hotel, which I would recommend.

I think that all 4Star hotels should have Tea and Coffee facilities in rooms and not just in some.

Room Tip: Go for a suite as double rooms appear to be very small. I would go above the 3rd floor when I return...

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for giving your opinion about Sentido Punta del Mar and for staying with us.

We really appreciate all your good comments as the not so good, which are important for us to improve our service.

It is gratifying for us to know that you had a nice holidays here and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any request in your next visit.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived here on 15th October and have had NO problems at any meal time ! Can't understand Twinkly Toes problem. We did book a suite and we are very happy with it,can't comment on other rooms as haven't seen them.if you are coming this weekend please don't be put off.yes we are all inclusive but behave no differently to those who chose half board,come and enjoy!

2  Thank colleen508
H-Director, Gerente at SENTIDO Punta del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for writting your opinion and for staying with us.

We are more than happy to know that you are having a good time at Sentido Punta del Mar.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any request, we will delighted to help you and make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed at the punta del mar from the 26th september for a week and had a lovely relaxing break. the views are fantastic and the hotel is very clean. The food is good with plenty of variety and the staff are all very friendly and welcoming.we had a problem with the safe and it was fixed within a few minutes.would definitely return here and are already looking at going back next year.

Room Tip: Stayed on the third floor overlooking the bay and it was very convenient for eveything in the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank julia c

Dear Mrs. Julia,

We would like to express our gratitude for taking your time to write your experience at Sentido Punta del Mar and for all the nice comments.

We are glad to read that you had a wonderful holiday with us and that you want to come back next year.

Thank you for staying here and we hope to see you soon!

Best wishes

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now and it is fabulous. The staff are very friendly, attentive and efficient there is a great atmosphere in this hotel and this is due to the excellent staff. The hotel itself is beautiful and the views are breath taking. The food is delicious and I'm very fussy normally but I was spoiled for choice every meal. I have visited santa ponsa 7 times and I would not want to stay anywhere else now. I can not wait to return and I highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank KMcG016

Dear guest,

Many thanks for all your positive comments about the staff, food and hotel in general.

it is really gratifying for us to know that you had once again a great time with us.

We will continue working like this to give our guests alaways the best service.

Thank you for staying at Sentido Punta del Mar and we hope to see you next year!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Was so looking forward to this holiday. Read the reviews on here and thought I'd make up my own mind when I got there. The hotel is not a 4 star; at best I'd say 2.5 stars. I've been lucky enough to stay in some very nice hotels over the years which have had 2 or 3 star ratings and they've had nicer rooms, nicer bathrooms (how they get away with describing the toilet shower arrangement as a bathroom I don't know) nicer public areas and much better food than this one. Our room had a lovely view over the bay; we were on the 3rd floor. It had an enclosed balcony which gave privacy but very little sun. The room was an oblong, with a bed, a desk type table, a chair, a small coffee table and two bedside tables. There was a built in wardrobe with a couple of shelves and the safe (which cost 21 euros to hire for the week plus 15 euros refundable deposit!) It was like sleeping in a morgue. There was no fridge or kettle, we went to the local supermarket and bought a kettle, t bags and 2 mugs so we could have a cuppa in the morning or last thing at night. The bathroom is a "wet room" the shower in one corner has a glass panel with a drain in the middle of it. This had a silver lid arrangement which came off frequently when you were showering and was not the cleanest underneath. The white plastic was gummed up with god knows what. The shower water comes out of the shower and floods the floor, it gathered all around the toilet, which was the smallest, dinkiest toilet pan I'd ever seen! Our toilet was badly stained; I refused to look at the toilet brush. I wanted to buy bleach in the supermarket to give it a good clean but my husband wouldn't let me. The toilet seat slipped to the side when you sat on it so you had to be careful not to do yourself a mischief! The floor is tiled and lethal when wet. I slipped on this floor more than once. The sink was oversized for the room and there was nowhere to put your sponge bag so mine sat on the sink which is not ideal. It looked "nice" but is totally impractical. The bed was very firm, I have memory foam at home so that spoils all hotel beds for me but by the end of the week I was getting used to the mattress. There is nowhere in the room to leave your empty cases, and very little space to unpack all your clothes. Our door had a huge gap below it and at night the light from the corridor shone through this gap into the room lighting it up which was really annoying when you were trying to sleep. This made me wonder if any of the staff or management ever spent a night in these rooms?? We seemed to have a maid service that was extremely inconsistent. We were at the end of the corridor and I did wonder if she'd run out of clean linen by the time she reached our room. One day we'd have bath towels but no hand towels or bath mat, next day we'd have three bath towels and no hand towels and a bath mat. We didn't get the 2 bath, 2 hand and 1 mat more than 2 days out of the 7. There was a duvet in the wardrobe which we had to put on the bed, this had no cover for the first few days until the linen change on the 4th day then it got a cover. Not very hygienic! The food - we went half board, but we had to fight along with the all inclusives in the dining room for our breakfast and dinner. It didn't matter what time you went for breakfast or dinner (we tried different times) the food had been guddled through, there was very little left, you had to queue for your morning cuppa and unless you left something on your table you would come back to find it had been nicked, this was something that really upset the waiting staff, who by the way were brilliant. The dining room antics really put me off, so much so I gave up on breakfast after the 3rd morning (I bought tuc crackers and bananas and ate them on the balcony in peace) and the very same day both my husband and I gave up going into dinner. We ate down around the square about 500 mtrs from the hotel. The food down there was good and you actually had peace to eat it. This hotel is very much geared up for the German tourist and there were plenty of them. I have been going to Majorca since I was a child; I have been all over the island. For me there are better hotels than this one, this one looks good in the pictures but look closely and you can see how cheaply it has been refurbished and how shabby it really is. It has lovely staff and a beautiful position on the bay, but it lets you down with its food and accommodation which is a real shame.

Room Tip: Ask for a room further up as the views are better
2  Thank TwinkleyToes

Dear guest,

Thank you for giving your opinion about Sentido Punta del Mar and for staying with us.

We are sorry that you did not get what you expected during your stay and that you are not satisfied with your experience here.

We accept all your comments, but we do not agree that this is not a 4 stars hotel. Most of our rooms are provided with a fridge, but if not, it needs to be reported to reception and they will get one as soon as posible. As the brochure says, only the double superior rooms include tea and coffee facilities.

We apologise for the issues that you had with the cleanliness in your room, which are cleaned and supervised every day. In these cases, we recommend to inform us straight away to give a solution. We will report it to the Housekeeping department to take the measures and to avoid this happen again. An immaculate cleanliness is very important in a SENTIDO hotel.

With reference to the food, as much as breakfast and as dinner, there is a big variety of food, which is replaced during the whole service. Most of the times, poeple can find the same in the beginning that in the end. Moreover, according to our weekly satistaction survey, we have 90% of guests happy with the food.

The type of guest that we have changes depending the time of the year. In autumn and spring we receive different clients that in summer.

We really appreciate that you are considering the job of the staff, who work hard to give a good service.

Once again thank you for all your comments and suggestions and please do not hesitate to contact us for any other, what will hepl us to improve.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

From the minute you see the reception area you just know I HAVE LANDED.what a fantastic setting, we had a junior suite the room was amazing, huge balcony with table chairs and sun loungers. Room was huge and immaculate,very east access to Palma, local beach and town good.The staff were really really helpful and HAPPY.All rooms have sea views

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter,west side also
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nina j

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for all your nice comments about the hotel and staff.

We are happy to know that you had a fantastic holiday at Sentido Punta del Mar.

We thank you as well for staying with us and we hope to see you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ponsa
#4 of 38 in Palmanova
Inturotel Cala Esmeralda
Inturotel Cala Esmeralda
#2 of 46 in Cala d'Or

Been to SENTIDO Punta del Mar? Share your experiences!