My wife and I chose this hotel from Thos Cooks brochure and checked the reviews on trip advisor. It was everythng that was said. The staff (all the staff ) were friendly and helpful and nothing appeared to be a problem The views from the hotel were the best we have ever had as all rooms had sea views across the bay and sea.
We had a standard room on the third floor which was quite spacious with plenty of wardrobe space and shelf space. The balcony was exceptional. 12 - 15 ft. long housing 2 sunloungers so yu could sunbathe all day without gouing to the pool area and 2 chairs to sit in the shade if was too hot. Thre was privacy from your neighbours if you wanted peace and quite and a spot if you wanted to chat with them. Never hd a balcony like it.
The restaurant was very good the food plentiful varied and hot fo both breakfast and the evening meal. Yes the hotel has a policy of gentlemen wearing long trousers for dinner with which I quite agree. To the odd gentlemen who chose to ignore the policy I abhor their lack of respect.
The location was a couple of miles from the centre of Sant Ponsa with no public transport other than taxis. The walk for us was pleasant although rather up hill which after a week became a bit of a chore, but I would not let this deter anyone from staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Punta del Mar **** Location: On a slope above the sea, the center and the main beach are about 1500 meters away. The next bay and shopping area are a short walk away. Facilities: Renovated in 2012 the SENTIDO Punta del Mar with 234 rooms on seven floors has a lobby with sitting area, internet corner and WiFi internet access, TV room with satellite TV, a bar, a cafeteria with a large terrace and restaurant with sea views. The outdoor area has got a swimming pool, sun terrace with loungers and parasols and a poolside bar. Minimum age 16 years Meals: All meals in buffet form. Lodging: The rooms are equipped with shower / WC, air conditioning / heating, wireless internet, mini fridge, safe (extra charge), telephone, satellite TV, balcony and sea view. Junior suites are larger with the same features and in addition have a hair dryer, bathrobe, minibar and seating area. Double rooms and Junior Suites Superior have additionally with 2 chairs on the balcony. Sport and wellness Included: Indoor pool (for colder months), Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness room and table tennis. Extra charge: table tennis, billiards, bike rental, massages and treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your SENTIDO Punta del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Hotel Punta Del Mar
- Punta Del Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca