“Great Stay”

SENTIDO Punta del Mar
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a week All Inclusive in August and it was just what the doctor ordered! We were in need of a relaxing holiday and this was perfect.

The room was a little smaller than I was expecting but by no means tiny, could have been doing with some drawers for clothes though! We had a problem with our safe - wouldn't lock, we called reception and someone was with us within 5 minutes to help although didn't resolve it. The noise from the restaurant above in the mornings was quite loud but didn't bother us too much as we were up early most days anyway.

The food was excellent, I enjoyed the variety and particularly the typical Majorcan option available too. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the dessert options, I ended up having the cheese most nights. We had one evening in the A la Carte restaurant as part of AI, I would highly recommend the 8 course taster menu, all of the courses were exceptional and the waiter (I'm sorry to have forgotten your name!) was extremely helpful explaining each dish and helping with the wine choice.

The Blue bar is amazing, the main bar very good also. Drinks options on All Inclusive included some international brands and was excellent value for money.

The staff were friendly, although I didn't find them as extremely helpful as mentioned in other reviews with the exception of our waiter in the A la Carte restaurant.

If I had to nitpick I would say the bathroom was not cleaned as thoroughly as it should have been during our stay although was spotless when we arrived.

1  Thank Alison G
H-Director, Gerente at SENTIDO Punta del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Mrs. Alison,

Many thanks for your good review about Sentido Punta del Mar.

We are glad to know that you had a great stay here and we hope to see you in a near future.

Regarding to the cleanliness in the bathroom, accept our apologize for it and for next time, please let us know and we will speak with the housekeeping department to solve it straight away.

Thank you for staying with us!

Kind regards

Reviewed September 10, 2013

just back from a very enjoyable week, the view from all rooms was really breathtaking due to the excellent location of the hotel, the hotel was in a quiet location and about a l5 minute walk from the centre of Santa Ponsa. Found the staff very friendly and helpful and the Thomas Cook rep was very knowledgeable of the island. On the downside if you have a room by the stair way which takes you from the pool side on the 1st floor to reception on the 6th floor, it can get noisy during the entertainment in the evening, although this did finish by midnight. The food was very well presented with a good choice of meats, fish and salad - something for everyone. The indoor sauna and gym and spa pool was very good and was very welcome on the wet and dull day we had during our week stay!

Room Tip: Away from the stairs and lift
1  Thank robin k

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your opinion and for coming to Sentido Punta del Mar.

We are happy to read that you had a good time with us.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

stayed here for 7 nights and upgraded immediately to all inclusive- well worth the extra 300 euros.......food was fine plenty of choice but I agree with other reviewers that a buffet is boring after a few days. Sun beds comfy and we always found 2 every morning - the pool is freezing.
Rooms are disappointing and I agree not 4 star - the toilet is so close to the wall its uncomfortable...the shower floor leaked every day..... we asked for a fridge and were put on a waiting list and it never ever appeared.The bed was very hard and uncomfortable.
The view is delightful in the day and stunning in the night , the staff are very pleasant and helpful -the blue bar is lovely and relaxing- supermarket and more bars are only a 10 minute walk away ....a nice break in hotel with wonderful views and lovely staff

1  Thank JCM80

Dear guest,

Thank you for giving your opinion and for staying at Sentido Punta del Mar.

We are sorry that you did not get what you expected during your stay.

Regarding to the food, we offer a big variety every day.

We do not agree that it is not a 4 stars hotel, we offer many services that a 3 star would not offer. In reference to the issue in the bathroom, we apologize for it, but we recommend to report it at reception during your stay to solve it or find another room.

Thank you again for your comments, which help us to improve every day.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was the main holiday so we booked due to the rating and definitely paid 4 star prices to stay here, but in no way is this up to scratch. I find it really hard to believe that people saying it is "amazing" have ever stayed in quality hotels before, because they are cutting corners at Sentido and it shows to the experienced traveller. The only thing I'll give them is the view. Yes, breathtaking just about covers it, but what a shame the rest of the holiday didn't come close to competing with the view.
First off when you book and pay all inclusive you expect to be served decent food. Not here. Frozen fish, hard meat, chips, pizza, and I even saw chicken nuggets one night! On top of that if you leave your table together (with your partner) to get your food the waiters assume that you have left the restaurant and quickly re-set it for the next diners. This happened to us on 3 occasions, so after that we made sure that one of us was manning the table at all times! The staff were just hell bent on getting through the people as quickly as they could so they could finish work. One waiter was pretty sharp and rude to me when I asked him to be more patient and not clear the table so quickly.
The rooms here have been designed to make the most of the view, but this means super narrow rooms and not that comfortable to move around. We've been in cruise cabins with more room width. The details let it down again. Thread bare towels twice with stains on, loud noise from air conditioning unit outside all night and no drawers for clothing?? Come on guys this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel. Sunbeds were always taken by around 8am and nobody on the staff tried to control this. Very frustrating. Was not keen on the beach and resort either. Much further than we anticipated and became a bit of an issue. The front desk staff were the nicest people staff wise we met at the hotel and they do a good job and as I said the view is great, but all in all an expensive but very average holiday here and not somewhere I can honestly say I would recommend.

5  Thank Rob L
H-Director, Gerente at SENTIDO Punta del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Rob,

Thank you for giving your opinión about Sentido Punta del Mar and for staying with us.

We are sorry that you haven't got what you expected during your holidays. We accept your subjective opinion about the food, but we would like to clarify that we offer a big variety and quality for all different kind of guests (this is what our weekly questionnaire say).

We would like to apologize for this issue in the restaurant, which is not usual.

Regarding to the sun beds, we would like to inform you that we have a sun beds policy, which does not allow to reserve them for more tan 30 minutes, there is a person in charge of it every day from 8.00 am.

We take your suggestions in consideration, which help us to improve our services.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had an amazing AI 10 days, didn't want to come home. From the moment we arrived (welcome drink, bags carried to room etc), to the moment we left, it was just perfect. The food, the staff, the double sun loungers, the room (4th floor, great shower, comfortable bed, fridge), the spa, the Blue Bar, the cleanliness, couldn't fault it. Oh, and then there are the views .... wow!

My partner celebrated his birthday whilst we were there and received a surprise bottle of bubbly in the room on the day - very nice touch, thank you!

I emailed the hotel a couple of times before our trip to request a fridge and enquire about the air conditioning and received speedy and polite replies. No problems with the air conditioning, by the way.

Loved the peace and quiet, definitely a convert of adults-only!! Can't wait to go back. And, like another reviewer, I too am suffering severe post-holiday blues!

If I was pushed to find a fault, it would only be that the towels could be a little thicker and a little cleaner

Room Tip: 4th floor very handy for the restaurant and reception
4  Thank Dougiec21
H-Director, Gerente at SENTIDO Punta del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear guest,

Many thanks for writing your opinon about Sentido Punta del Mar and for staying with us.

We really appreciate all your comments and for taking in consideration one per one the parts of the hotel and staff.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Well this was our first 'toe dip' into the world of All-Inclusive Holdiays and we were well pleased with it. The hotel was great really modern with all the facilities that a 4* should have...the food was fantastic and although I got bored with the buffet by the end of the week that was just me and me fancying a meal out. My sister enjoyed the food thouroughly. We met a couple of great couples while we were there but didnt say goodbye so if adrian and mandy from bournville and keith and his lovely wife read this it was great to meet you guys. But the best bit of the holiday was without a doubt Adam and Sam. I couldnt have asked for better hosts. they really made you feel welcome - their fun and game was at the right level (not too cheesy - but cheesy enough). So much love to the boys and I am recommending this hotel to loads of people

Room Tip: go on the higher floors for a decent view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Snelly1974

Dear Liz & Wendy,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about Sentido Punta del Mar.

We are glad to know that you enjoy your holidays in all inclusive with us.

We look forward to seeing you back!

Best wishes

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at this property at the end of August and was a bit worried about the reviews of broken air-conditioning and not enough sunbeds however these were quickly laid to rest. The view from reception as you arrive is breathtaking (despite the fact when we arrived it was cloudy and rainy!). The Check In staff were good and gave us a glass of orange juice while we waited, had given us all our requests for room choice and even helped us to our rooms with our bags.

The room was great - nice and clean and modern (not a dodgy carpet in sight!) with a big bathroom and great powerful shower. My mum had the next door room which was smaller overall including the bathroom and felt it would have been cosy if there had there been 2 people in there. There is a lack of draw space in the rooms though. The major wow factor was the balcony - sea front facing with incredible views and large enough to have 2 chairs and a table and 2 sunloungers on. It's one of the nicest balconies and views I have ever had and was complete heaven sitting on it looking at all the boats coming and going and watching the sunset. There was an amount of noise from the restaurant upstairs (think it was the staff one) though with chairs scraping on the floor and chattering going on from early in the morning and then again at night and there was a hum from the air conditioning unit in the corridor which was quite loud and could be heard when trying to sleep but it wasn't enough to ruin the stay. If you want a fridge in the room then I would suggest you request this at time of booking as neither of us had one but when my Mum asked for one it appeared within 24 hours. I also didnt have a safe in my room which I thought was quite strange but I could use Mum's in the next door room so it was fine.

The pool area is great and very clean - again with amazing views down to the beach, and out to the bay and sea. I never had a problem getting a sun bed even after going into Santa Ponsa one morning and coming back late. In fact we managed to get one of the comfy bali beds everyday! The lifeguard does go round checking that beds aren't being reserved for too long and this does make people more considerate and makes them think about freeing up sunloungers more so than normal.

We decided to upgrade to all inclusive and was so pleased we did. The food is delicious. The breakfasts are great with a wide variety of choice including proper English sausages if that is what you are looking for. For lunch you have a choice of eating in the main restaurant (buffet) or having a snack by the pool bar including salads, baguettes and burgers etc. The evening meals were impressive again with lots of choice anything from Grilled fish to Roasts to Paella to Steak and Mushroom Pie to Spanish Tapas and specialities. The quality of the food was very good compared to other Half Board and All Inclusive establishments I have been too and hope that the standard is maintained as it was really nice to eat so well for the entire week. As part of the AI package you get a meal in the A La Carte restaurant which was an 8 course taster menu - the chef and waiter took great pride in making sure this experience was special and it is a very nice touch and makes the evening a real event.

The Blue Bar is breathtaking and rivals anything that Ibiza has to offer. It is true you cant get spirits up there but you can get the cocktail of the day, cava, wine, beer and sangria and soft drinks so you do get quite a good choice. Its great for pre-dinner drinks and watching the sunset.

The resort of Santa Ponsa was better than I thought it was going to be - if you are looking for a quaint fishing village then its not for you but if you are used to Spanish resorts that cater for different nationalities then this is one of the better ones. Nice shops, nice promenade with historical information on, not full of high rises and a lovely big beach. It combines both tourism and residential very well. Its about a 20 minute walk away. I believe if you carry round you get to another little beach and the marina.

The entertainment team are good at what they do and provide a good atmosphere with the bingo, quizzes and entertainment although wasnt keen on a couple of the acts that came in but that was personal taste. Its nice because its not in your face you can choose if you want to take part.

The staff are delightful and so friendly and always have a smile on their faces and cant do enough to make sure you have a great stay.

As much as I love kids it was very relaxing and peaceful being in an adults only hotel and gave the place a really nice calming but enjoyable atmosphere.

Would definitely go back to the Punta Del Mar providing the standard of food and the all inclusive package is maintained and of course the views dont change - hopefully see you next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kcrookers

Dear guests,

We would like to thank you for giving your opinion and for staying at Sentido Punta del Mar.

It is good to know that you enjoyed and had a nice stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you in a near future!

Best regards,

Sol Beach House Mallorca
Sol Beach House Mallorca
#5 of 38 in Palmanova
Barcelo Illetas Albatros

Been to SENTIDO Punta del Mar? Share your experiences!