My partner and I stayed here for a week All Inclusive in August and it was just what the doctor ordered! We were in need of a relaxing holiday and this was perfect.
The room was a little smaller than I was expecting but by no means tiny, could have been doing with some drawers for clothes though! We had a problem with our safe - wouldn't lock, we called reception and someone was with us within 5 minutes to help although didn't resolve it. The noise from the restaurant above in the mornings was quite loud but didn't bother us too much as we were up early most days anyway.
The food was excellent, I enjoyed the variety and particularly the typical Majorcan option available too. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the dessert options, I ended up having the cheese most nights. We had one evening in the A la Carte restaurant as part of AI, I would highly recommend the 8 course taster menu, all of the courses were exceptional and the waiter (I'm sorry to have forgotten your name!) was extremely helpful explaining each dish and helping with the wine choice.
The Blue bar is amazing, the main bar very good also. Drinks options on All Inclusive included some international brands and was excellent value for money.
The staff were friendly, although I didn't find them as extremely helpful as mentioned in other reviews with the exception of our waiter in the A la Carte restaurant.
If I had to nitpick I would say the bathroom was not cleaned as thoroughly as it should have been during our stay although was spotless when we arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Punta del Mar **** Location: On a slope above the sea, the center and the main beach are about 1500 meters away. The next bay and shopping area are a short walk away. Facilities: Renovated in 2012 the SENTIDO Punta del Mar with 234 rooms on seven floors has a lobby with sitting area, internet corner and WiFi internet access, TV room with satellite TV, a bar, a cafeteria with a large terrace and restaurant with sea views. The outdoor area has got a swimming pool, sun terrace with loungers and parasols and a poolside bar. Minimum age 16 years Meals: All meals in buffet form. Lodging: The rooms are equipped with shower / WC, air conditioning / heating, wireless internet, mini fridge, safe (extra charge), telephone, satellite TV, balcony and sea view. Junior suites are larger with the same features and in addition have a hair dryer, bathrobe, minibar and seating area. Double rooms and Junior Suites Superior have additionally with 2 chairs on the balcony. Sport and wellness Included: Indoor pool (for colder months), Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness room and table tennis. Extra charge: table tennis, billiards, bike rental, massages and treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your SENTIDO Punta del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Hotel Punta Del Mar
- Punta Del Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca