My wife & I have just returned from a week staying at this hotel on a Thomas Cook holiday.
The location is superb with great views and great sunsets. The hotel is clean and the staff very welcoming and helpful. Our room on the third floor was large enough for the two of us and was kept very clean.
The buffet breakfasts and dinners were plentiful with a lot of choice and the empty platters quickly replenished.
Although we didn't take part in any of the activities, the two girls who were organising them were always cheerful and not pushy.
The only concern was the central stairway, which became wet when it rained, as it is open to the outside. Although the cleaners were quick to mop up, it could be slippery, especially as the stairs are marble - water and marble are not good mixers. Rita, the TC rep, said she had reported this to the hotel and to the TC head office and had suggested that anti-slip strips be put on each step.
A reasonable 15-20 minute stroll takes you to the centre of Santa Ponca, with many bars and restaurants to choose from, if you wanted to have a meal in the town. We would recommend the Gala restaurant, situated overlooking the beach - super food and excellent staff.
Altogether a great week in the October sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Punta del Mar **** Location: On a slope above the sea, the center and the main beach are about 1500 meters away. The next bay and shopping area are a short walk away. Facilities: Renovated in 2012 the SENTIDO Punta del Mar with 234 rooms on seven floors has a lobby with sitting area, internet corner and WiFi internet access, TV room with satellite TV, a bar, a cafeteria with a large terrace and restaurant with sea views. The outdoor area has got a swimming pool, sun terrace with loungers and parasols and a poolside bar. Minimum age 16 years Meals: All meals in buffet form. Lodging: The rooms are equipped with shower / WC, air conditioning / heating, wireless internet, mini fridge, safe (extra charge), telephone, satellite TV, balcony and sea view. Junior suites are larger with the same features and in addition have a hair dryer, bathrobe, minibar and seating area. Double rooms and Junior Suites Superior have additionally with 2 chairs on the balcony. Sport and wellness Included: Indoor pool (for colder months), Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness room and table tennis. Extra charge: table tennis, billiards, bike rental, massages and treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your SENTIDO Punta del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Hotel Punta Del Mar
- Punta Del Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca