When we arrived (10th July) we were met by a beautiful hotel. The receptionist big and modern and has a superb view out to sea. The receptionist was very helpful and offered us a cold drink on arrival. Once checked it, which took no more then 5 minutes we were off to our room (731). Our too was on the top floor and had a superb view out to sea. We were lucky as the sun was on our balcony in the afternoon. The room as a whole was big a bright, double bed, dressing table and chair and a sofa and coffee table. We also had a fridge and hair dryer. The balcony was huge with 2 sun loungers, 2 chairs and a table. The room was very clean. A safe is €3 a day and a returnable deposit of €15
The pool area is big and the pool clean again with good views around the bay. The only problem is pig ignorant Brits getting up at 6.30/7 to reserve sunbeds. We got up at 9 and never had a problem getting one and on the occasion we didn't we asked and promptly they brought out more.
The food served in the restaurant was superb. Breakfast was English or continental. Sausages, bacon, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns, potatoes, fried bread. Toast. Also cold meats, cheeses and lots of pastries etc. Lunch was a buffet but we chose to eat in the snack bar where you could have pizza, burgers, chips, salad, sanwiches.
Dinner was again a buffet, lots of different things to choose, pasta with 2 different sauces, 2 meats show cooked, potatoes, veg etc.
One night we tried the 7 course meal, this is free if all inclusive. It was amazing.
Drinks if all inclusive are self service in the restaurant, wine, beer, water and fizzy. During the day you can get spirits, cocktails etc.
The entertainment is good and run by an English girl called Kylie. During the day you could play water polo, bowls, aqua gym and even scuba dive in the pool on a Thursday. Evening entertainment was good to, bingo 2 nights followed by a quiz. We also had a Michael Buble tribute, a Caberaet and Kylie singing.
The hotel is a five minute walk down to shops, restaurants, bars and supermarket.
We couldn't fault anything about the hotel Only the Brits who tarnish our image yet again, one setting light to his bed and another who got arrested. I thought this was adults only after all.
Don't listen to the moans about anything, they tend to be from the older clientele who have nothing else to worry about, if there is something you want then the hotel will provide it for you. Just ask!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Punta del Mar **** Location: On a slope above the sea, the center and the main beach are about 1500 meters away. The next bay and shopping area are a short walk away. Facilities: Renovated in 2012 the SENTIDO Punta del Mar with 234 rooms on seven floors has a lobby with sitting area, internet corner and WiFi internet access, TV room with satellite TV, a bar, a cafeteria with a large terrace and restaurant with sea views. The outdoor area has got a swimming pool, sun terrace with loungers and parasols and a poolside bar. Minimum age 16 years Meals: All meals in buffet form. Lodging: The rooms are equipped with shower / WC, air conditioning / heating, wireless internet, mini fridge, safe (extra charge), telephone, satellite TV, balcony and sea view. Junior suites are larger with the same features and in addition have a hair dryer, bathrobe, minibar and seating area. Double rooms and Junior Suites Superior have additionally with 2 chairs on the balcony. Sport and wellness Included: Indoor pool (for colder months), Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness room and table tennis. Extra charge: table tennis, billiards, bike rental, massages and treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your SENTIDO Punta del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Hotel Punta Del Mar
- Punta Del Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca