We spent a week at this hotel in September and had a fantastic time, First of all the views from all round the hotel are spectacular, it must be in the best position in Santa Ponsa, right on th cliff top. We were on the first floor looking over the bay to the harbour, got up every morning to a different yacht anchored right outside our terrace. We loved our room location, suited us very well. Just along the corridor took us to the bar and the pool. As stated in previous reviews the hotel is in much need of an overhaul but could'nt fault it for cleanliness and lets be honest flaking paint isn't going to put you off your dinner. The food was always good and always a great choice, and the dining room staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. I think it helps if you are nice to them and at least try to thank them in their own language.We had a wee problem about our transfers to the airport and I cannot praise the reception staff enough for the help they gave us, First class service from all the staff we encountered. The hotel is probably about a twenty minute walk down to the beach and main area but it is all uphill on the way back. Five minutes walk from the hotel though takes you to the Square, which is a selection of bars and shops with an open air stage that has different acts on every night. Great atmosphere and very family oriented, didn't need to go any further.An added bonus was the weather the week we were there, absolutely glorious with not a cloud in the sky. We heard that the hotel is to be refurbished and will be All Inclusive. I hope it doesn't loose any of its charm and they manage to keep their staff. We would go back as we had such a good time and met some lovely people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Punta del Mar **** Location: On a slope above the sea, the center and the main beach are about 1500 meters away. The next bay and shopping area are a short walk away. Facilities: Renovated in 2012 the SENTIDO Punta del Mar with 234 rooms on seven floors has a lobby with sitting area, internet corner and WiFi internet access, TV room with satellite TV, a bar, a cafeteria with a large terrace and restaurant with sea views. The outdoor area has got a swimming pool, sun terrace with loungers and parasols and a poolside bar. Minimum age 16 years Meals: All meals in buffet form. Lodging: The rooms are equipped with shower / WC, air conditioning / heating, wireless internet, mini fridge, safe (extra charge), telephone, satellite TV, balcony and sea view. Junior suites are larger with the same features and in addition have a hair dryer, bathrobe, minibar and seating area. Double rooms and Junior Suites Superior have additionally with 2 chairs on the balcony. Sport and wellness Included: Indoor pool (for colder months), Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness room and table tennis. Extra charge: table tennis, billiards, bike rental, massages and treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your SENTIDO Punta del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Hotel Punta Del Mar
- Punta Del Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca