This hotel is a 3* and that is what you get. I had an amazing holiday, but more thanks to the company and the weather and activities outside the hotel.
My boyfriend and i, both 20, stayed here for a week. We had no water all week - could not shower or flush the toilet or wash our hands and had to queue to shower in the indoor swimming pool. We complained twice and were told it was the same for the whole 7th floor and there was nothing that they could do. It was my boyfriends birthday while we were there and lets just say the day could have been better.
The food is very repetitive, you get the same things for lunch and dinner in a day. I found that compared to previous 4*'s i have stayed in it is very very low in quantity however quality is fine, so if you dont mind eating the same things everyday it is fine.
The pool is clean in the morning, in the afternoon it becomes full of floating particles.
The room was spacious and lovely apart from the no water situation i would have said it could have been a 4* room. It was clean, and beds were made everyday by the maid aswell as having the towels changed daily. The views are, as everyone says, spectacular but it has hard to admire them when there's not much time spent in the room as we couldnt even use the toilet!
The staff were nice, could have been alot more helpful and accomodating but i guess you get what you pay for.
Santa ponsa is a lovely area, the beach isn't as nice as othe ones in majorca but it is golden sands. There is a great night life, mainly irish but still good. I would however recommend Magaluf to anyone younger as we spent most nights traveling there anyway.
The rep at the hotel does not give you the best deal for excursions, they leave out travel and transfers including in the price so if you're looking for a day out i would 100% recommend going to the shops in the town centre who give you much better deals and are really lovely. The pirate show in magaluf is fantastic.
Sunbeds did start to run out towards the end of the holiday however when we spoke to the handiman who is english he said there are more in storage and gladly got some for us. People do get up at about 7 to reserve their sunbeds so after 10 i would prepare to not get one. There are lilo's provided by the hotel, which we didnt get to use, as people take them to put on their sunbeds for extra cusioning, so if you really want one or you have kids i would get your own.
Overall it was a good hotel. I would never say it was anything higher because having stayed in other 3*s and 4*s there is alot of improvement. I hope this helps because some of the things i wish we had known before we went.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Punta del Mar **** Location: On a slope above the sea, the center and the main beach are about 1500 meters away. The next bay and shopping area are a short walk away. Facilities: Renovated in 2012 the SENTIDO Punta del Mar with 234 rooms on seven floors has a lobby with sitting area, internet corner and WiFi internet access, TV room with satellite TV, a bar, a cafeteria with a large terrace and restaurant with sea views. The outdoor area has got a swimming pool, sun terrace with loungers and parasols and a poolside bar. Minimum age 16 years Meals: All meals in buffet form. Lodging: The rooms are equipped with shower / WC, air conditioning / heating, wireless internet, mini fridge, safe (extra charge), telephone, satellite TV, balcony and sea view. Junior suites are larger with the same features and in addition have a hair dryer, bathrobe, minibar and seating area. Double rooms and Junior Suites Superior have additionally with 2 chairs on the balcony. Sport and wellness Included: Indoor pool (for colder months), Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness room and table tennis. Extra charge: table tennis, billiards, bike rental, massages and treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Punta del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Hotel Punta Del Mar
- Punta Del Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca