Bahia del Sol Hotel
Globales Pionero(Santa Ponsa)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Breakfast included
H10 Casa del Mar(Santa Ponsa)(Great Value!)
$161
Hotelpower.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Hotel Bon Repos(Santa Ponsa)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgerman guestsindoor poollovely hotelboth breakfast and dinnerstandard roomon an all inclusive basiswe stayed half boardcleaned dailyfood was lovelyfollowing morningcleaned every daysun terracemain beachshort breakhigh seasonevening entertainmentgreat holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Visited the Bahia last week and have to say left disappointed. The hotel has many positives but sadly as many negatives.

POSITIVES:
The hotel is very clean and tidy.

The Pool and sunbathing area is great and serves its purpose well.

The Entrance, lobby & bar area are all well designed and complement the hotel.

The indoor pool is excellent.

The rooms were clean and modern.

Big Plasma TV

NEGATIVES::
Wi-fi only worked in the lobby and bar area and the hotel internet cost a massive €2.00 for 15mins.

The hotel charged €14 and took a €10 deposit for use of an iron and ironing board, something I have never experienced in any hotel I have previously frequented.

The Breakfast juice all tasted like badly watered down cordial.

We booked what we thought was a double bed but found 2 singles pushed together and pillows that have to be the worst I have ever had to rest my head on.

One small lift serves one side of the building and it always busy and sods law the day we were leaving it decided not to work at all meaning we had to lump our bags from the 5th floor to reception and no apology was ever given.

When on holiday we enjoy a lie in but sadly this rarely happened. Room cleaning seemed to start at 8am every morning and the sound of the trolley cart in the corridor going up and down put paid to a peaceful sleep.

A Big Plasma with very limited and poor selection of programmes.

The staff are nice and efficient but outside of our mandatory dealings there was never a smile or even a look of recognition any day we passed reception. Even when we left I thought surely someone will show some sort of courtesy but true to the form of the week we left without so much as a goodbye.

I can only conclude that staying with the Bahia was an experience and I doubt we will ever return.

Room Tip: Not sure there is one
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Paddyblarney
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Hotel is Clean and Stuff are friendly.
The only things thing which drived my crazy was that you can hear everting fro your neighbors next or up/down to you. Also the Roommate started cleaning th room above me and I could here always how she move the cheer on the floor or also how she rolled with the wagen on the floor, so nothing with realxing nights.
The Food was Ok and good.
WiFI was a mess....I cant say it enough loud but you can only access the the internet in the hotel lobby and not in your room. So the lobby was always overcrowded and the connection really slow.
But by side that, we had good wether, sunshine and therefore I didn't stayed in the hotel all night long. But still in that short time when I was in the hotel the WiFi stuff drived my crazy!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank feriatus
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We was first at this hotel 25 years before and it was best hotel in mallorca and we remember good animation and many shows and gatherings at night and very very good service and we come back this time and changed and not for good but for not better. food was not best and service very different. rooms the same but older.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joangermany
Reviewed April 27, 2013

had a fantastic four night break at the bahia del sol, we arrived after dinner had finished, but after checking in we were told a cold meal would be waiting in twenty mins, very impressed. everything about this hotel impressed. the pool area was lovley and there was always a sunbed. the indoor pool was beautiful. the meals were varied and plenty to choose from. we will most certainly be returning later this year. our break was 13th april. the weather was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank halffullPreston
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We arrived back yesterday - 16th April - having spent 4 nights in the Bahia Del Sol in Santa Ponsa and our only complaint is that we couldn't stay longer. When we walked into recepton, Liliana was waiting at the desk and greeted us with a big smile as if we were regulars, but this was our first time staying there. Such a friendly, efficient, and helpful lady. Check in was very quick. Deni, a young lad from Macedonia, took us to our room. He was so helpful and friendly. His English was excellent, as was his German.
Our room was in the new annexe, and had a side sea view. Everything about it was very modern and it seemed as if we were the first people to use it. The annexe has a pool of its own, but , as most guests used the main pool, it was like a private pool to us, and so quiet.
The food at breakfast and dinner was very varied, but I stuck to my usual bacon and eggs with toast in the mornings. The quality of the food was very good, and no queues to wait in at the buffet. A word of warning though. The hot water for tea at breakfast is not very hot. I had to ask them to get me boiling water each morning. Also, TAKE YOUR OWN TEA BAGS FROM HOME. Their breakfast tea bags were so weak, I had to put 3 in the pot to get a reasonably strong cup of tea. At dinner, our table waiter Marco was so friendly and helpful, and had a good sense of humour. His English and German were top class as well.
Entertainment was geared to the German guests as they were way in the majority. However, that meant there was no "English Disease", i.e no cursing and swearing.
If you don't have your own towels for the sun lounger, you can hire them at reception for 5 euros, change, them every day, and get your deposit back on your last day.
Our room was cleaned every day, and again we were impressed with the service. the beds are very comfortable, but we had to have extra pillows.
In all, we had a great holiday, and we will go back there.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new annexe are all spotlessly clean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wicker2
comercialbahiadelsol, Guest Relations Manager at Bahia del Sol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks very much for the time you took to write a comment on Trip Advisor.
We are happy to find out that you had a great holiday with us. We always try our best to make our clients happy.
We hope to welcome you back next year.
Best regards.