i travelled to the Fergus style cala blanca with my husband and children aged 14 and 12. we arrived at the hotel at around 10pm and checked in. we were showed to our room and put all our stuff in and we were told we had missed dinner for that night but they provided a nice plate of sandwich fillings and a nice plate of fruit each. which was a nice touch. we then went to watch the entertainment which were some Spanish singers which wernt that great but we didn't mind because an early night was needed after a long day travelling. the night time entertainment in general was okay. the shows the animation team put on were very good with great dancing! some nights were a bit boring because there was just a game on for adults which wasn't very good for the children. at 8:30 the animation team do a mini disco for the children which Is brilliant and the staff put a great amount of effort into making the kids enjoy it. some nights the animation team did the club dance which the older children enjoyed doing a lot.
the food was okay with a good variety and quality. although it did get quite repetitive after a while which is expectable in the same restaurant for 10 days. the pool bar food is lovely, with nice sandwiches and other snacks that are served from 12. the pool bar opens at 11 but the bar inside opens at half ten in the morning and both close at half eleven at night. the cocktail menu is really good and all the cocktails are made fresh when you order them, also branded spirits are used for these which is really nice. the bar can get very busy but its not a problem because te bar staff serve people really quickly so the que dies down. although the man at the bar (manolo) is very moody and doesn't seem to like children.
the whole hotel is spotlessly clean and the maids clean the room everyday and change towels too. the pool area is lovely but by the childrens pool it is very busy and packed all day. you also have to get up at 7 to reserve sunbeds. the lifeguards do move the towels off though if you haven't been seen on them all morning at around 11/12.
the day time entertainment is very good with exercise classes lead by romana and ivanka in the morning followed by aquagym in the outside pool. in the afternoon the more sports and games are offered which are lead by cosmin and leo who are great. the animation team in general are fantastic and made our holiday so brilliant.
the beach is beautiful and the sea is lovely and warm and the water is very clean. there are lovely fish to look at and also two diving boards around the corner which you can swim or walk to which the children really enjoyed and went on regularly. although after a terrible storm in the first few days the man made beach was washed away but soon to be repaired at the end of the holiday.
I would definately recommend this hotel and it well deserves its four stars. overall we had a great holiday and would not hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to wake up every morning at the shores of the Mediterranean? Dive in the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites, a design hotel in Santa Ponsa Bay of Majorcan and Mediterranean inspiration. An accommodation that will offer you the most pleasant experiences, entertaining days and the best rest on the seaside. Only our hotel in Costa de la Calma can offer you the magic of the Mediterranean, with traditional and Asian gourmet gastronomy, recently refurbished facilities and a first class personal attention. Imagine yourself staying in a hotel with theme parties near the swimming pool, free wifi in the rooms, All Inclusive service with premium brands, cycling, golf... At the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites we want you to live an unforgettable experience, so that every day is perfect. Enjoy a golf trip to Santa Ponsa or a cyclotourism holiday in Majorca with the best equipment at your disposal. Our hotel in Cala Blanca is located just within a 5 minute drive to Santa Ponsa golf club and it offers you a locker for you to keep your equipment. For cycling lovers, the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites features an indoor parking for 150 bikes, repairing and washing station, laundry with dryer for maillots and fruit for you to recharge energies before and after your routes. Besides, enjoy your family holidays with your pet: the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites is one of the few pet friendly hotels in Majorca with relax areas for adults and children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel d`Or Jardin De Playa Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Jardin De Playa Santa Ponsa
- FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites Santa Ponsa, Majorca