We took our grandchildren for a 5 day half-term break (26-31 May 2013 ) and booked with Jet2holidays. I was attracted by a special offer "Book Half-Board and get free upgrade to All Inclusive".The offer had a limited timescale so i rang Jet2 who stressed the offer would be withdrawn on 2nd May so i booked on 30th April and paid £1990 for the four of us.
As promised the offer was withdrawn after 2nd May only to be replaced by "Great Value All Inclusive" and our price would have dropped by £160! This was contrary to what was inferred when booking.
So not a good start but the web page boasted a newly refurbished resort and good facilities for the grandchildren and a private beach so we were still upbeat.
When we arrived the resort looked really good and our room looked great having been completely refurbished to a good standard.
However when we went for a walk around we were surprised to find loads of workmen and lots of building noise.
The resort is made up of two apartment blocks and only one was complete-the other was work in progress. The only facilities for the kids apart from the pool was a table tennis table out in the open in the strong wind! It was moved round the back and put up against a wall making it useless!
When i spoke to the rep and the manager i was told the promised facilities such as pool table;games room and football area would not be complete for a least another week and the building work would continue throughout our stay.
The private beach was in the process of being constructed with sand being dredged from the sea bed and pumped on-shore.What a mess! Totally unusable!
All in all not what we expected especially given the price we had paid. It is not unreasonable to expect to be warned in advance by Jet2 about the building work and lack of facilities but this was never mentioned.Surely they must have known because the work restricted occupancy greatly and they did have a rep regularly visiting.
The resort itself will be good when finished . The rooms look really nice but remember they are the original rather thin walls so you can hear noise from next door rooms.Suggest you ask for a top floor apt. Also the beds in the lounge area not very comfortable. Even so the rooms are far better than most hotels.of that rating.
The staff were top class-everyone was very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
The all inclusive drinks were very good quality and service was excellent. However they may struggle when the resort is finished and fully occupied.
The food was very good quality but never hot enough-shame because it really was nice food and good choice.
The location is good with easy access to "the square" where there is regular entertainment.
This will be a good resort mainly due to the excellent staff-we were just unlucky it was not finished and disappointed with Jet2 not keeping us fully informed.
One last point-beware the sunbed hoggers. Some had towels on at the crack of dawn and did not use them until after lunch. - and all were Brits!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to wake up every morning at the shores of the Mediterranean? Dive in the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites, a design hotel in Santa Ponsa Bay of Majorcan and Mediterranean inspiration. An accommodation that will offer you the most pleasant experiences, entertaining days and the best rest on the seaside. Only our hotel in Costa de la Calma can offer you the magic of the Mediterranean, with traditional and Asian gourmet gastronomy, recently refurbished facilities and a first class personal attention. Imagine yourself staying in a hotel with theme parties near the swimming pool, free wifi in the rooms, All Inclusive service with premium brands, cycling, golf... At the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites we want you to live an unforgettable experience, so that every day is perfect. Enjoy a golf trip to Santa Ponsa or a cyclotourism holiday in Majorca with the best equipment at your disposal. Our hotel in Cala Blanca is located just within a 5 minute drive to Santa Ponsa golf club and it offers you a locker for you to keep your equipment. For cycling lovers, the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites features an indoor parking for 150 bikes, repairing and washing station, laundry with dryer for maillots and fruit for you to recharge energies before and after your routes. Besides, enjoy your family holidays with your pet: the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites is one of the few pet friendly hotels in Majorca with relax areas for adults and children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel d`Or Jardin De Playa Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Jardin De Playa Santa Ponsa
- FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites Santa Ponsa, Majorca