It was our third time staying here. We last stayed 3 years ago in May 2011. Upon arriving, we found reception very helpful. Our room was on floor zero overlooking the pool which was ideal as we have two young kids (aged 16 months bd 4). A small safe was €15 for the week with a €6 deposit. We opted for a slightly larger safe that was €18 for a week with the €6 deposit. The safes are in reception. Wi-Fi is €24 for the week or €4 a day. That price is per device though which I thought was steep. The room was clean although we did have some ants in the bathroom. We just got some spray for this. To be honest I've come to expect ants after years of sun holidays. The TV had 6 English channels - ITV1, ITV2 and ITV4, CBeebies, BBC1 and BBC2. CBeebies was very handy for the kids. ITV2 was good at night because they show movies most nights so something to watch when you come in late and kids are asleep. The hotel is only 5 minutes walk from the square where there is entertainment nightly. It is also near plenty of restaurants and a walk to the beach only took us about 15 minutes even with one child in a buggy. Taxi rank and bank machine are also very close with a Spar shop just across the road. I'd definitely come back but the one frustration was the sunbeds. The hotel do have a couple of signs up saying they can't be reserved but everyone ignores it. Every morning at 8 I could hear the banging of flip flops running at 8 as the door out to the pool opened (we were in room next to pool door). I thought it was torrential rain the first morning! One morning I was up with my infant daughter at 7.40 and went out on our balcony and people were already cueing. One man did tell me he saw people cueing at 7.20 one morning. Do people really come on holidays to engage in this sort of ridiculous behaviour? This was happening back in 2010 (albeit then the pool opened at nine and not eight) but I really feel the hotel need to do something about it at this stage. Some of the loungers we saw were barely even used by people during the day then. I thought you went on holiday to escape the "rat race"? We found the pool area very good and our son and 7 year old girl with our friends made plenty of friends at it and in the square. Inflatables like rings are allowed by the lifeguard but long rectangular lilos aren't so don't waste your money on them. We'll definitely go back again due to the excellent location and pleasant stay but if you are going to this family hotel to try and get a tan be prepared to get up early for it!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in the southwestern part of Mallorca, overlooking Santa Ponca’s bay. We offer apartments with air conditioning and private balcony. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool, with a solarium with fantastic views. All apartments have a kitchenette and a fridge. The Jardín Del Mar Hotel has a bar-cafeteria with big TV screens. There is also a snack bar by the pool. Among the leisure facilities, customers will find a gym and a beach volleyball court, sauna and indoor pool (not available from May to October).The hotel is located 10 minutes drive from the lively resort of Magaluf. Customers will find Santa Ponca’s beach in about 5 minutes on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your TRH Jardin del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trh Jardin Del Mar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Jardin Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Jardin Del Mar Majorca
- TRH Jardin Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca