I booked this hotel with trepidation due to the poor comments and theft allegations. On arrival all seemed fine, helpful receptionist and clean and tidy reception area. Then to the room, number 315, sea front view, which was lovely. The room was of low standard with a very small kitchen and adequate air conditioning. The maid service though out my week was poor, with not much cleaning going on. Because of the theft reviews I booked a safe at the reception area (which I would do anyway as who leaves their valuables all over a hotel room wherever they are in the world?) and had or heard of no thefts during the week. I did note the clientele staying at the hotel were only interested in booze and kebabs, so maybe on a budget and cold not afford a safe as that would mean 10 less pints of lager over the week, but I would not put it past the people to fabricate thefts, or have other residents break into the rooms. This did not mean the staff were not the thieves, but on looking at them and talking to them I found it unlikely.
As for the 9am dash for sunbeds, it was a joke, the staff and locals must think what a lot of sad individuals UK tourists are as at 9am every morning I saw a man in his 60's running to get the same three sunbeds in the 'suntrap' area pushing past women and children to get there. I was embarrassed for them as guests from other EU countries were laughing at these individuals.
The pool area and pool bar, including food was great, but those guests frequenting the pool made it a hell hole to stay with noise and lager the order of the day. If you have to stay at the TRH Jardin Del Mar use it as a base to sleep only and use the beach and abundant restaurants and bars in the area (pick wisely away from the lager louts and kebab munchers).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in the southwestern part of Mallorca, overlooking Santa Ponca’s bay. We offer apartments with air conditioning and private balcony. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool, with a solarium with fantastic views. All apartments have a kitchenette and a fridge. The Jardín Del Mar Hotel has a bar-cafeteria with big TV screens. There is also a snack bar by the pool. Among the leisure facilities, customers will find a gym and a beach volleyball court, sauna and indoor pool (not available from May to October).The hotel is located 10 minutes drive from the lively resort of Magaluf. Customers will find Santa Ponca’s beach in about 5 minutes on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your TRH Jardin del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trh Jardin Del Mar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Jardin Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Jardin Del Mar Majorca
- TRH Jardin Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca