$221
$214
  • Pool
Ona Surfing Playa(Santa Ponsa)(Great Value!)
$141
  • Bar/Lounge
Playas del Rey Hotel(Santa Ponsa)(Great Value!)
$145
  • Beachfront
$194
$195
  • Restaurant
Hotel Delfin Mar(Santa Ponsa)
$147
$180
$176
Hotels.com
$210
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $244/night.

H10 Casa del Mar(Santa Ponsa)
1,331 results
All reviewsself cateringsmall covehalf boardsea view roommain beachoutdoor poolsmall kitchentaxi rankgreat holidaynightly entertainmentcan't comment on the foodenglish channelsthe sofa bedper weekmin walkstaff on receptionout of season
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We stayed at jardin del mar for 8 days. Really nice hotel situated in a really beautiful place. Everything you need is all around you. Only a 20 mins car journey from airport. There are shops, restuarants and bars on the same street and the beach is a 10 min walk away. The hotel rooms are very basic but very clean. Maid service 5 days out of 7. I think Thursday and Saturday is their day off. The only problem we had was there were no cots available. Luckily our youngest isn't too young so coped with sleeping in a bed for the week. There is a rental shop around the corner where you can rent a travel cot and various other things for a good price.we requested a low level floor because of the children and had no problems when we arrived. The food in the retaurant is ok. Not brilliant but just ok. If your going to eat out you should try the royal garden just up the road, AMAZING food! And quite cheap too! We would definatly stay at trh jardin del mar again.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Stayed here for 6 nights in April, just myself and two children aged 15 and 11. We were on floor 4 which is the same as the reception. The view from our room was stunning, I would definitely reccommend paying a little extra for the sea view, yes the rooms could do with a little updating especially the kitchen area but for the money it was better than I had expected. We went half board and overall we found the food excellent especially the evening meal, lots to choose from and of a very high standard. The reception staff were not the friendliest in the world it has to be said but I didn't have any problems with them during our stay.
I loved the resort, its a nice walk to the beach along the sea front, we also went to Palma Nova for the day and played Crazy Golf, its a bit pricey and is about 8 euros one way, but I would recommend it, and the kids loved it.
The only negative thing I have to say about the holiday is the lack of sleep due to noisy guests! For the first couple of nights we were kept awake by a noisy German couple who liked to stay on the balcony until about 2 in the morning and talk very loud and move furniture around! and then the last night was the worst with an extremely drunken Irish lady shouting, singing(with squealing young children) from around 2-5.30 in the morning, It was not just our family she woke up either alot of people were telling her to be quiet, I do not know what happened the next day of the following nights though as we left at 7.30am (extremely tired!) It did not help though because my air conditioning did not seem to be working so we had to have our windows and doors open and this made it much noisier.
Overall though it would not put me off returning to this hotel, it was a last minute bargain and you can get noisy guests anywhere, even in 4 or 5 star hotels. I would probably still recommend it and would return.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view, floor 4 good
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank limark
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I have never felt compelled to right a review of any holiday until now.

My wife and I booked a short 5 night break at the Jardin Del Mar in late April. Being very reasonably priced neither of us expected much but were actually pleasantly surprised at the accommodation. The Hotel itself is clean but dated, rooms are comfortable if a little shabby and the pool area is well maintained.

I most definitely however would NEVER return to the hotel. The service we received from the Spanish female employee on reception was absolutely disgraceful. Our hotel information stated we had booked a lateral sea view room. When we got to our room we looked out at the view from the balcony and saw only a car park. We went back to reception to query this with the same member of staff who checked us in. Her attitude became immediately hostile and she started to shout aggressively at us.

She continued to shout at my wife, scared by the confrontation my wife tried to explain that we thought we had booked a sea view room when in fact we could not clearly see the sea from inside our room. The employee simply would not listen and eventually I calmed the situation down and said that we would be complaining, the employee laughed sarcastically, shrugged her shoulders, turned her back and walked into the reception office. Never once have either my wife or I been spoken to in such a rude and aggressive manner – let alone by a member of staff who is supposed to be of help and assistance. Any hotel in the UK would most definitely not tolerate that sort of behavior from their staff and my wife and I left reception feeling very offended and shocked at the way we had been treated.

I understand this hotel is not an expensive place but manners, courtesy and respect do not cost a thing!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Nick-Claire-C-8486
Reviewed May 1, 2011

i stayed here 14th-21st april with my mum (50s), myself (24)
we paid a little extra to get the sea view room, room 608.
the room was what we expected, 2 single beds, and then sofa bed in sitting room.
first of, view was AMAZING, defintaly worth the extra cost, small balcony area was big enough for the 2 of us, didnt have a table though, so we put coffee table out there, which did the job.
we went self catering, kitchen was rather small but again big enough for us, when we arrived it was filthy though, sink was blocked, got someone to 'fix' it, ended up just doing washing up in bathroom sink.
can hire bits if needed- toaster, kettle, remote control, hair dryer (all at €11 for the week).
i slept on the sofa bed which was comfy enough, very creeky though, my mum slept on one of the beds but ended up moving to the other half way through stay as springs were basically coming out of bed.
as others have said, walls are very thin so can hear everything going on, and rooms need modernising.
cleaner was very friendly didnt speak a word of english, but still managed to have a convo with her, made us aware when she wouldnt be there.

eating out, best place for all meals is calafornia, above the supermarker, very friendly staff and cheap nice meals-theres was definatly the best & cheapest bfast aswel- €3.90.

had bfast at gino ginelli and was so expencive for tasteless food, staff were unfriendly also.
arkles opposite hotel was very expencive (double price of calafonia) nice but too expencive €6.20.
also had bfast at galsgow grill, which again was nice, but not as good as calafonia. but can recommend their sunday roasts and definatly their apple pie- was amazing.

La solana to left of hotel was extreamly nice and good value for money, sangria was the best in the area.
Riponsa garden opp california had very nice fresh pizzas and friendly staff.
walk to main santa ponsa beach via sea front is a must as beautiful walk and nice places along the way-esp oscars for their dutch pancakes- they are a MUST esp the apple and cinnamon ones.
meson del mar(alos known as sherezade simsalabim) to the right of santa ponsa beach did very nice toasties and pizzas- also great views esp to watch the sun setting.
there is also a nice walk round to the disembarkation cross monument, with several beach areas to go to on the way.
trip to peguera - €8 in taxi was very pretty area, esp Heladeria (at the top of the road near the supermarket) for their toasties and baguettes, so much filling- def worth that little extra in cost, also cakes were huge and yummy.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma T
Reviewed May 1, 2011

This is a good 3 star hotel, very clean, comfortable with friendly staff - no prblems encountered here and would definately return.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family