“An oasis of quality in amongst the tacky tourist restaurants!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meson del Mar

Meson del Mar
Ranked #41 of 164 Restaurants in Santa Ponsa
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Geneva
“An oasis of quality in amongst the tacky tourist restaurants!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

By luck tried this restaurant with my wife and daughter. There are some nice restaurants in Santa Ponsa but equally easy to find yourself in a tacky cheap tourist place.

Meson del Mar boasted amongst other things, people wearing shirts!

Nice relaxed well dressed crowd in a brilliant location overlooking the bay.

Extensive menu mid-priced and extensive- superb traditional items and some unusual ones. I had medallions of pork stuffed with black sausage (which was brown!) and in honey glaze- it was extremely tasty.

Typical main courses around 15 Euros but cheaper and more expensive available.

Wine list excellent too, with Prosecco from 16 Euros and if you have a sweet tooth, try the Majorcan's herbal digestif afterwards!

Starters and main courses absolutely brilliant. Only slight downside for me was the selection of frozen desserts by Nestle. OK if you want a pre-prepared ice cream but not their strong point. I would recommend filling up on the wonderful started like fried squid, tomatoe bread etc!

But that is a very small negative in an otherwise superb experience.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Christopher Ber... E

manchester
“was one of my favourites, now avoid it like the plague”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Having visited this restaurant for many years, we put up with the poor service from staff, as the food was reputable and the view was stunning.
We visited this week. The food was appalling. A bit of meat with a slice of potatoe and a slice of courgette. What are the chef`s thinking of?
Presentation is non existent. Portions are shocking and prices are high.
I had the worst lamb chops ever and sent them back.
The management need to return to reality and start to value their clientele. The chef`s should be ashamed of the 3 plates that they presented to myself, my wife and daughter.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank j11myc
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Awful meal and poor service at the Meson del Mar.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

This was one of the two worst meals we had while on holiday in Santa Ponsa. We picked it for its on the sea front idyllic location but we didn't expect the terrible food and dreadful service, a complete let down and the prices were ridiculously high for what was served up. The worst Paella I have ever eaten, all stuck to the sides of the pot and just 4 muscles and three of them had empty shells. The steaks were okay but came with absolutely nothing, two tiny slices of potato and 1 slice of aubergine, had to order chips as an extra or you would be starving, it said on the menu served with potatoes and vegetables, ordered a pepper sauce and one gravy, the gravy came after the meal was totally finished, we sent it back only for it to be brought again by someone different. They charged us for olives and bread not ordered, presumed they were gratis so we didn't pay for them, they seemed to have another bill ready instantly. Presume they try to charge everyone for them and so produce 2 bills for those not willing to pay for them. The service was dreadful, the wine tasted like vinegar and the prices were double the rest of the town restaurants. Would never go again.

1 Thank jane m
“Struggled with the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

There was a few things on the menu we had never heard of so we asked the waiter. None of them spoke enough English so I went for the Piella. It was beautiful. I normally hate squid but this was really nice.

“Sun, Sea and Rabbit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

The wife and I visited throughout our 7 day holiday last week. Each day that we visited the beautiful beach we would then also visit Meson del Mar. The views are amazing, service too, but the food is second to none. One day I had the T-bone steak which was one of the best I have tasted, another I had rabbit which was very enjoyable on a warm spring Saturday lunch time in Santa Ponsa Bay...Perfect!!

1 Thank Sutcliffe-Bland