“Nice buffet”
Review of Txoko - CLOSED

Txoko
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were drawn into this restaurant by the lady outside and the turquoise decor! There was plenty to choose from and it was very nice. Service wasn't the best and the toilets were a disgrace but apart from that it was a nice enough place to dine.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have read the other reviews on Txoko & I assume they have improved greatly since then.

My wife, 5 year old daughter & I enjoyed our experience during our recent visit to the restaurant.

The restaurant is clean & the staff were attentive. The tables are attractively dressed (in comparison to most of the family diners nearby) & there was a good range of food on offer.

The buffet 'all you can eat' style dining isn't everybody's idea of a quality night out but at €14 for adults & €5.95 for children it was good value.

I really enjoy sushi and there was a very good range. The precooked selection was plentiful if not too diverse but it was HOT (in reference to other reviews). The fresh selection, where you present your dish to the chef & it is prepared in the style you choose, had generous variety.

The food was good....and I realise 'good' is the theme of this review. That's where Txoko let themselves down. There was nothing to set them apart from your typical 'buffet' style restaurant you would find anywhere else.

Would I go back......yes. If there wasn't another option that is!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The worst meal i have ever ate. The buffet food was cold, poor selection. No signs to say what the food were. The bill came after we had not eaten anything and they wanted 80 euros for four people. We decided to complain to which we were watched by all the staff. We ended up paying 40 euros for four people.
Please do not eat here.
The food is disgusting!!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

My partner and I decided to try this place on our last evening. At 13.95 euros we thought it was the maximum limit to pay. We asked the worker who was touting for business how much a pint of beer costs. He replied 2 euros. Taking this into price consideration we decided to try it.

Despite both my partner and I having different meats cooked on the wok , the meat was very poor quality,tough, chewy and pretty tasteless. Neither of us enjoyed the meal.

The bill arrived with tax on top and 3.25 euros per pint. When we queried it with the good speaking tout he replied he thought the pints were 2 euros and it was normal for tax on top,,,despite all other restaurants including the tax in the price.

Nothing short of deception in our eyes. Try somewhere else.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Nice variety of food on offer and will be in heaven if you are a sea food lover. There is a wok section where you choose your raw food and hand it to the chef who cooks it for you fresh. Several varieties and sizes of prawns, lobster, squid, octopus, whole fish, cockles, muscles etc etc. Also good meat selection....even frogs legs!!! Prawns and lobster tail were delicious. Dim sum was lovely, the usual sweet and sour, fried rice etc were also good. Finished off with profiteroles dipped in the chocolate fountain. Bill was around 40 Euro's for full buffet for 2, 2 pints of lager and 2 pints of coke.....great food, great price. Only downside was it was very warm as was a very humid evening but was given a lovely fan to keep.

1  Thank happytravelerDurham