“Good Day Out”

and up
PortAventura and Costa Caribe Entrance Ticket
Ranked #1 of 50 things to do in Salou
More attraction details
Owner description: El parque tematico PortAventura esta situado a 1 hora de Barcelona. Disfruta de uno de los mas emblematicos parques de atracciones de Espana. En vacaciones o en tus escapadas de fin de semana. Con tu pareja, con tus ninos o con quien tu quieras!. En Port Aventura descubriras un parque tematico lleno de todo tipo de diversiones. Las seis areas del parque tematico haran que descubras nuevos y maravillosos mundos con magnificos espectaculos y multitud de magicas atracciones para todas las edades. Desde las montanas rusas mas altas y rapidas de Europa hasta las atracciones en las que padres y ninos podran divertirse juntos en el area tematica familiar SesamoAventura. Angkor: Nueva atraccion 2014 La nueva temporada de PortAventura llega con una gran atraccion pensada para toda la familia. Una nueva aventura donde vivireis un trepidante recorrido en barco disparando agua para interactuar con las diferentes zonas de la aventura.
Christchurch
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good Day Out”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My parents took me to Port Aventura when I was 8 and although I only really went on the Carousel and a Balloon ride I remember enjoying it. 15 years later my family and I returned with our 2 year old daughter.

We arrived around 10am which appears to be a good time to arrive as there were plently of car parks close to the entrance. The queue to enter wasnt too long and we enjoyed a nice day at the park.

My daughter was a bit sad she couldnt meet Elmo or Cookie Monster, as the pamphlet sort of gave an impression they'd be there at Sesamo World. She did enjoy the car ride and few other rides that she was tall enough to go on.

My daughter was to turn 3 the month after our trip and that appears to be when a child needs to buy a ticket from. Even at 3 I'm not sure how many 3 year olds would be tall enough to ride on the kiddie rides as the limits are around 100cm to 120cm and above. If we'd had to pay a ticket for her we'd probably be dissapointed that we had paid and she wasnt tall enough to go on more than 3 or 4 of the rides.

I how ever enjoyed the day on the Diablo, Tuki Tuki Splash and various other rides. The two big roller coasters were sadly "down for maintenance"
and the queue times well over an hour, but this is to be expected for any theme park.

Had great fun and it's definately worth the money. Check selected Coke bottles for discount vouchers :)

• Czech first
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great for Halloween”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had a weeks pass in October over Halloween, went with 2 children 12 and 16 it was really fun.

Shambhala was the new ride for 2012 and its fab loved it as we're the other rides.

This was the third time we have been and although it can get ridiculously busy it's worth it.

Visited October 2012
Plymouth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“amazing!!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

PortaVentura is Brilliant fun,once in there all rides/shows were free,we went in September so it wasnt to crowded.i personally didnt go on any rides(to scared!) but my son (21) and neice (23) did,best shows for me were Wild West and Aloha Tahiti,where i was pulled out front to do the Polynesian dancing! it was AMAZING!!! would definately go back again!! :)

Sunderland, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“great fun , a few days needed”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

great day out , very busy even at end of september , still had to queue for top rides , some height restrictions were bit daft , my son was at the height line but wouldnt let him on , said had to be over the line

London, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great park with 8 major attractions!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had a great time at PortAventura as they have 9 major thrill rides, 8 if you take out the small roller coaster for kids, and a lot of other smaller rides. It looks like a great place to take kids as well with Seasame Street land and lots of gentler rides dispersed throughout. I'd recommend spending the extra €25 and getting the fast pass to be able to take the express line otherwise many of the large attractions had 2 hour long lines.

Tip 1: Have lunch or dinner at the Torres Restaurant located in the Mediterranean and by the exit to Furious Baco (best ride next to Shambala). They have great tapas and wine at a really reasonable price and since the restaurant entrance is hidden, its not that busy.

Tip 2: Buy your tickets online to save money and print them out to avoid the ticket lines.

Tip 3: They did not check our bags or backpacks and I saw a lot of people eating snacks and sandwiches they had bought in. There are also water fountains by the bathrooms so if you bring a water bottle you can fill it up there.

Visited November 2012