“Look elsewhere, I beg of you!”

Hotel Evenia President
Ranked #50 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Miami, Florida
“Look elsewhere, I beg of you!”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I must say, when I first walked in through the main doors I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean, modern and the initial woman at the front desk was cheery. It only went downhill from there.
1) When they advertise that they have wifi in the hotel that is a half-truth. They do have wifi (and are making money off of you by advertising it) but when it doesn't work they (specifically the manager and Elena a horrible horrible woman working the front desk for most of the afternoon and evening hours) will do nothing to TRY to fix the situation. And it wasn't fixed for the duration of our stay. I capitalized "try" because all I wanted liked was for those in customer service to TRY to serve their customers. This lead to my next point.

2) WRECHED customer service. I am telling you, I have NEVER in my life been treated in such a poor manner by hotel staff. Elena (again, she was the only person who treated myself and my family like dirt but was working most of the day and evening as she was the only person we were able to deal with accordingly) would look at you after being presented with a problem and turn her head and shrug as if there was nothing she could do and should wouldn't lift a finger to try to help you. For instance, my family and I were trying to reach the main bus station to catch the airport bus to Barcelona. Since we didn't have the above mentioned wifi we could not help ourselves. Naturally we went to the front desk for help from a local. She said "you'll have to go to the bus station" My response was "can you please look it up on the internet, we will not be walking to the bus station only to find out the bus leaves in 5 hours, please look up times for us. If we had internet we would not be bothering you". She then said "No, I cannot look it up for you". I lost my cool, threw up my hands and began to walk away. She stood up and said "I understand what you are asking me" in a very rude tone. I turned around and said "then do what a hotel front desk does and help your customers when they ask for it, I know you have internet on your computer, I saw the girl earlier use it". She made a loud huff puff noise, sat down and proceeded to pull up, AND PRINT a bus schedule for us. WAS THAT SO HARD? She went through all of that for 1 minute of searching and printing!

In short, this hotel is a piece of coal among what I presume to be diamonds on the beach. You can't take 2 steps without seeing other hotels in this area of Salou. Do yourself a favor and keep your trip a holiday- do not book at Hotel Presidente. You don't need the added stress from mean front desk women.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelMavenSoFla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cork
Reviewed June 25, 2009

The rooms were not pretentious, but clean. The TV didn't work at first, but they fixed it. Quite a variety of food for dinner. Nice swimmingpool with a good sea view, but a bit noisy.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Belfast
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Stayed in the President in May this year.

All in all I thought it was a good hotel. Exterior & interior are quite modern and clean. Check in lady was nice.

Hotel is in a good location in the town, only 10 minute walk to bars and restaurants - 2 minutes to beach. Ideally located away from main hustle and bustle.

My brother in law was actually living in Salou at the time and said that the President was one of the better hotels in town and he had seen a few others.

Didn't eat or drink so can't comment of these unfortunately.

Liked the hot tubs on the roof, a nice change from the beach.

All in all I would give the president 7.5 out of 10

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank irish1Belfast
county antrim northern ireland
Reviewed August 25, 2007

just back from this hotel and it was lovely, clean, good food infact i looked forward to my dinner each night! rooms were good, even had flat screen tv and 2 double beds, bathroom had large power shower but no bath, no swimming pool but had lovely decked roof area with 2 hot tubs. The location was great only 50 metres from the beach and easy walk to everywhere else. The only problem is the reception staff!! they are ignorant, unhelpful, speak little english, they didnt seem to know any manners or how to treat or work with people!! they really let the hotel down!! therefor i can only give the hotel 4 out of 5....

• Liked — the food and location
  • Disliked — the reception staff!!!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
luxemburg
Reviewed August 19, 2007

Never again. I booked a 1 person room because I had to be in Salou for business. This is the worst room I ever had. The light did not work until they replaced the bulbs. And I am still afraid I caught legionnaire's disease. Never book this hotel unless you want to stay with unfriendly Russian guests and staff.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Salou hotels

Buckinghamshire
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Date August 15th 2007

My wife and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at the President Hotel Salou, booked through Thomas Cook as a late deal.
At first it looked ok. The hotel is in a very convienient position, about 300 metres from the beach and with shops and bars close by. The interior is clean and furnished to a reasonable standard, as is the bedrooms. The room has a safe, at a cost of 7 euros per day with a 10 euro deposit for it's use. The bathroom has a shower with the toilet positioned right in front of the shower cubicle making it hard to get in, having to manouvre around the bowl. The towels are changed daily and the room tidied well. There is a satellite tv in the room with only Spanish speaking channels.
Sleeping at night was a particular problem as there is a night club just down the road which goes on until about 530am. The revellers leave at all times shouting and banging as they go. With this and the constant obsession of drivers tooting there car horns makes it hard to sleep.
The hotel staff are not very helpful and appear to speak little English. The hotel seems to cater more for the Spanish than for foreigners.
Breakfast choice is limited as is the evening meal. Breakfast is from 8am until 10am. Dinner is served from 8pm until 10pm but you will need to get there early to increase the choice. Don't eat the fresh meat choice as they are cheap cuts and are impossible to chew. The staff close the doors at 9.45pm and go for their supper, so don't leave it to late. The dining room staff are most unfriendly and treat guests as an inconvience.
I would say that the hotel is run for the benifit of the staff rather than the guest. I would rate this as a two star hotel rather than it's present three star status.
Look elsewhere for a better deal.

• Liked — Close to the beach
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Alpep