“Good value and spacious”

Apartamentos Best Michelangelo
Ranked #9 of 69 Specialty Lodging in Salou
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was impressed at how cheap this place was!! For the low price, the apartment was clean, tidy and roomy with regular maid visits. Spacious balcony and swimming pools down below. Very friendly and helpful staff... also the complex has a nice bar with music and big screen tele.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank RoyalYachter

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here in October half term, boy did it rain! The hotel is in a good location, close to beach, shops, and train station. The hotel it self was pleasant and the rooms were clean but basic for self catering. There was no noise or disruptions during our stay. Upon arrival a security guard at our hotel told us that our reception was closed and that we had to check in and get our keys from the sister hotel (two seconds walk opposite the hotel ,Da Vinci Hotel) There we were told that our hotel reception would remain closed during our stay and if there were any problems we were to go to the Da Vinci Hotel. They then up graded us free of charge to FULL BOARD at there hotel! Honestly, it was no bother and there was still full security for our own hotel. Our room was very large and we had two bathrooms. However the balcony was in need of a lick of paint. The pool area looks nice from a distance but when you get down there to have a swim it's then you see that it's too grubby and a little unsafe. The tiles were broken and pipes were secured to the pool with rust/broken clips. This did not really bother me as guests are also able to use the sister hotels pool and that was fine, so don't let this put you off.
At the sister hotel Da Vinci the staff were really nice and helpful and go out of there way to print maps/train/bus time tables off for you. The food was lovely as was the service. The only let down really was that there was no hotel entertainment.
So if you stay here and they close the reception area please don't worry, it will not affect your holiday, not to mention you get fullboard.
I would just like to mention the reason why I found this holiday and the hotel arrangments so good is because I only paid £190.00 each for the holiday so to get full-board was just fab. This hotel is basic but good for the money you pay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Eyez12
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'm 22 years old and my 2 friends and chose this hotel to stay in for a week long break, the hotel itself is situated in a a little street and whilst we stayed there we had to go to the hotel across the road for evening entertainment because there was none at Michelangelo, the pool area was awful, the tiles were cracked and dirty and the whole pool area in dire need of a good clean and facelift. The rooms themselves were reasonable for the price, and although facing onto the road, we never had problem with noise, however the room was crawling with ants!! Disgusting!, the hotel staff I experienced were rude and disinterested apart from 2 of them who were helpful. The location of the hotel was great, only a few mins walk to the beach and to a number of shops and eateries but that's really the only positive i have I'm afraid, it really is the worst place I've stayed and I've traveled quite a few hotels of all ratings..salou itself is beautiful, my advice? please stay somewhere else and enjoy your surroundings :)

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Me and my family of 4 adult and 2 children aged 15 and 8 stayed here for a week in October on a self catering basis. On the Monday we didn't manage to attend the rep meeting as we went to poraventura park. On our return, the rep came to our room and told us since the restaurant was closed we were to be moved up to full board for our stay. We had to go across the road to the sister hotel the divinci. We were on the 3rd floor, our room was cleaned daily, fabulous 2 bed roomed apartment, the beds were comfy, had a lovely big balcony! We don't really have anything to fault about this apartment and we are planning on coming back next year:-)!! Thank you Thomas Cook for the upgrade, very much appreciated!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SunnyMemories
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Not really knowing what to expect we were absolutely thrilled with it.Food was excellent and very plentiful.The rooms were a good size and it was very easy going.We lost the key in the sea but the hotel just said these things happen and gave us a spare.Air conditioning was good and the supermarket was v well stocked - it's part of the building.Only 5 mins walk from beach but a quiet road.Near to all you need including the bus station.Lots of Russians and Germans which added to the enjoyment.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and our sons aged 13 and 5 for 2 weeks from12th august until 26th august. When we first arrived I wasn't overally impressed with the reception area but thought it doesn't matter. When we got to our room which was room 123, I was disgusted! The room is in need of a serious make over, ants running all over the work top and just the general look of it! Well I thought as long as the beds are clean, and they were or so I thought until me and my husband kept getting bit by something. The fridge didn't work but the freezer worked too well!

The pool area is a disgrace, all the tiles are broke. The pool area is uneven and filthy. It was never cleaned the whole 2 weeks. The pool itself looked clean until you got in it and you where constantly getting other peoples hair getting around your hands and bits of things floating. Doesn't seem to be any filtering in the pools at all. The people around the pool were so unfriendly apart from some. There's a residential part to this apartment complex and it looks like they have the right to do as they please but not anyone who stays in the apartments.

I found some staff friendly and others unapproachable just with their body language. And why put someone on reception at night who can understand English?

The location was very central in salou and close to all that you would need or want. When we walked down the street we were bombarded by people trying to get us to go in and have drinks and something to eat, we then started to change our route to avoid them. We have been to salou 3 times previous but stayed in cambrils but never experienced this and it put us off ever staying up here again.

I wish I had of paid the extra money and stayed in cambrils and I wouldn't have had to write this review or had scars on my legs from all the bites I had!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Unitykaren
Reviewed September 16, 2012

we stayed in a 2 bed apartement here.it was basic needed a lick of paint but was livable it has everything you need and is a brilliant location.the pool here is dirty my children went in there and they both had ear ache after and it is dirty the foutain is purely for show.there are broken tiles and filth all around the sides.However you can use the sister hotel dai vincys pool which is practally next door its clean and they even give yo free lunch around the pool at 1 .they also have great entertainment for the kids the lady tht does all tht is lovely we went ova to watch the entertainment on a few nights and we saw some brill shows i thought this hotel was great although they do need to check tht the sun umberellas are secure as my son nearly got hit by the sharp end of one as he played in the pool which was very scary and it was a shame know one checked the rest of them to make sure they was safe...which is why ive only given it 4 stars

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family