“Stay somewhere else!”

Apartamentos Best Michelangelo
Ranked #9 of 69 Specialty Lodging in Salou
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I'm 22 years old and my 2 friends and chose this hotel to stay in for a week long break, the hotel itself is situated in a a little street and whilst we stayed there we had to go to the hotel across the road for evening entertainment because there was none at Michelangelo, the pool area was awful, the tiles were cracked and dirty and the whole pool area in dire need of a good clean and facelift. The rooms themselves were reasonable for the price, and although facing onto the road, we never had problem with noise, however the room was crawling with ants!! Disgusting!, the hotel staff I experienced were rude and disinterested apart from 2 of them who were helpful. The location of the hotel was great, only a few mins walk to the beach and to a number of shops and eateries but that's really the only positive i have I'm afraid, it really is the worst place I've stayed and I've traveled quite a few hotels of all ratings..salou itself is beautiful, my advice? please stay somewhere else and enjoy your surroundings :)

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Me and my family of 4 adult and 2 children aged 15 and 8 stayed here for a week in October on a self catering basis. On the Monday we didn't manage to attend the rep meeting as we went to poraventura park. On our return, the rep came to our room and told us since the restaurant was closed we were to be moved up to full board for our stay. We had to go across the road to the sister hotel the divinci. We were on the 3rd floor, our room was cleaned daily, fabulous 2 bed roomed apartment, the beds were comfy, had a lovely big balcony! We don't really have anything to fault about this apartment and we are planning on coming back next year:-)!! Thank you Thomas Cook for the upgrade, very much appreciated!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SunnyMemories
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Not really knowing what to expect we were absolutely thrilled with it.Food was excellent and very plentiful.The rooms were a good size and it was very easy going.We lost the key in the sea but the hotel just said these things happen and gave us a spare.Air conditioning was good and the supermarket was v well stocked - it's part of the building.Only 5 mins walk from beach but a quiet road.Near to all you need including the bus station.Lots of Russians and Germans which added to the enjoyment.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and our sons aged 13 and 5 for 2 weeks from12th august until 26th august. When we first arrived I wasn't overally impressed with the reception area but thought it doesn't matter. When we got to our room which was room 123, I was disgusted! The room is in need of a serious make over, ants running all over the work top and just the general look of it! Well I thought as long as the beds are clean, and they were or so I thought until me and my husband kept getting bit by something. The fridge didn't work but the freezer worked too well!

The pool area is a disgrace, all the tiles are broke. The pool area is uneven and filthy. It was never cleaned the whole 2 weeks. The pool itself looked clean until you got in it and you where constantly getting other peoples hair getting around your hands and bits of things floating. Doesn't seem to be any filtering in the pools at all. The people around the pool were so unfriendly apart from some. There's a residential part to this apartment complex and it looks like they have the right to do as they please but not anyone who stays in the apartments.

I found some staff friendly and others unapproachable just with their body language. And why put someone on reception at night who can understand English?

The location was very central in salou and close to all that you would need or want. When we walked down the street we were bombarded by people trying to get us to go in and have drinks and something to eat, we then started to change our route to avoid them. We have been to salou 3 times previous but stayed in cambrils but never experienced this and it put us off ever staying up here again.

I wish I had of paid the extra money and stayed in cambrils and I wouldn't have had to write this review or had scars on my legs from all the bites I had!

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Unitykaren
Reviewed September 16, 2012

we stayed in a 2 bed apartement here.it was basic needed a lick of paint but was livable it has everything you need and is a brilliant location.the pool here is dirty my children went in there and they both had ear ache after and it is dirty the foutain is purely for show.there are broken tiles and filth all around the sides.However you can use the sister hotel dai vincys pool which is practally next door its clean and they even give yo free lunch around the pool at 1 .they also have great entertainment for the kids the lady tht does all tht is lovely we went ova to watch the entertainment on a few nights and we saw some brill shows i thought this hotel was great although they do need to check tht the sun umberellas are secure as my son nearly got hit by the sharp end of one as he played in the pool which was very scary and it was a shame know one checked the rest of them to make sure they was safe...which is why ive only given it 4 stars

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank rach43
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very central to all amenities. Staff very nice and helpful. Rooms were cleaned daily. Very spacious rooms sleeps four it had a two ring electric hob and a proper size electric oven and good size fridge.
The bad points were the room was very noisy. This was mainly due to the plumbing. When the people next door had a shower or ran the taps it sounded like someone had switched on a vacum cleaner it was that loud. It gave the impression some one was living in our wardrobe. During the day this was not a major concern but at night and early morning it was very annoying. . The people next door and the people below could be heard talking throughout the night. They were speaking at a normal level the problem was down to the soundproofing being very poor or non existant.We travelled with friends who had the same problem with their apartment
The pool is a let down as it suffers from subsidence in the area around it.The tiles are very uneven in places. The pool is freezing all the time as it does not get the sun until 12.00 hours and it is gone off it at 17.00 hrs.This is due to the height of the apartments either side.
There is a lovely large bar unfortunately it is almost always empty as the residents do not frequent it. This is a pity as the staff are lovely and the ice cold San Miguel is the best pint in the area and a reasonable price at €2.60

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flashpoint
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here just last week. We went self catering, although you can go half board. It is in a great location right in the centre of Salou. Our apartment was very spacious, you could have slept 6 in it, there was 1 double room, another with 2 single beds and 2 sofa beds in the living room. Balcony was a good size and overlooked the street, which was not a problem until the Saturday night when there was a bit of noise but we were on the 2nd floor. The pool is a decent enough size and it was not overly crowded, with a lifeguard on duty. You could get sun loungers no problem. There is a supermarket just down the street, the Rose and Crown bar is also not bad for a drink. The beach is only a few minutes walk away.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family