2,206 results
All reviews walls are thin bad reviews food was fine bus service rooms are basic bus stop fresh towels plenty of choice great holiday pork something for everyone fussy eater reus airport port aventura paella plenty of sunbeds family holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Dont know what the bad reviews are on here for ive stayed here 4 nights while i only stayed b&b the food was grand always found something to eat not like the 4*hotel i stayed in last time beds ok bit hard but im used to memory foam staff very helpful and sandra (think that was her name) at front were u can book tickets was fantastic entertainment was not up to mutch for adults but seamed to entertain kids quite well sun loungers plenty and kid free bar on roof bit outside off salou itself but about 3euro on bus or talk to sandra she tell u the way to walk along the beach would definitely stay here again with no hesitation

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

All 4 of us arrived and the room we had was a double room with 4 single beds, no space between them, a walk way at the bottom, we were shocked, complained but no other room offered with out a charge, if u want WiFi u pay if u want to watch TV its 5 euros for the remote, it says all inclusive but u get given a card for your drinks. You have to hand the card in to get a drink in a small thin glass and u have to return the glass for another drink or your card back, not a great system if u want a drink round the jacuzzi on the 4th floor and that bar isn't open so u have to go to ground floor to get it. The food is shocking, we didn't even know what we were eating it was a guessing game the little pic above would indicate fish and your mouth would think fish but your head when you were chewing would tell you its meat, chips for breakfast seriously!! Staff not that friendly apart from the girls clearing the tables they always had a smile. I m giving it 2 stars purely for Sandra the concierge, she was fab and a font of knowledge, our shower was broken and we complained and got nowhere, one word from Sandra and chap came and fixed it straight away . On the practical side if u have mobility issues this area isn't for you as steep hills to the beach and you always seem to be walking up hill and pavements thin and in desperate need of repair, but thier is a bar near by called route 66, fantastic staff, lovely food and great atmosphere if you want to escape the poor excuse for a hotel. Wasn't really in hotel for the entertainment much couldn't stand sitting in the place for that long but they seemed to have good entertainment for children that we saw on leaving and we did get drawn in one night by an ABBA tribute band that sounded good so we went to have a look and ended up staying to watch cus they were fantastic. I could go on as there was a lot I could say about this hotel but I won't if you are daft enough like us to pay to stay here you will find out.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2019

We stayed at this hotel during the last week in August as a family of 5.
To be honest, it was pretty much what I expected from a 3* all inclusive holiday in Spain.
The rooms are dated are bare, there is nothing pretty about them, but they’re functional and clean. There is daily room service & the towels were changed daily.
The pool area was nice & we were always able to get sun beds without rushing out as soon as it opened. However, we were disappointed that the pool didn’t open until 10am daily - as when you have young children who have been awake since 7, 10am can seem quite late!
Breakfast is also not served until 8:30, by which time there were queues to get in to the dining room.
Overall we were really impressed with the food quality & choice, I’ve stayed in much nicer hotels where the food hasn’t been nearly as good as it was here.
That said, the snack buffet is appalling with dried out fries & burgers/sausages which sit under the heat all day! If you’re hungry between meals, I’d strongly recommend a visit to to local supermarket.
As many of the other reviews have said, the staff are rude & unhelpful. They’re in no rush to serve you at the bar and make no effort to engage in any conversation. Any requests you have will ‘not be possible’ in their words.
The hotel is located a short walk away from Cap Salou, which has a lovely little cove beach, a couple of nice bars and a few restaurants/shops. However if you want to get into Salou itself, it is a very long & hilly walk (approx 40 minutes). Although there are regular buses which stop just a few minutes walk from the hotel.
I would like to say that the guy who did the entertainment at the pool during the day was excellent and really good with the children. We never saw much of the evening entertainment, so I can’t really comment on the standard of that.
Overall it was a pleasant stay, by no means luxury, but you get what you pay for, so if you’re looking for a budget hotel it’s not that bad!

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms
Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

We arrived on 28th august for a family holiday all inclusive dirty room damp on the ceiling the staff are so ignorant never smiled no manners at all food was disgusting cold undercooked same food on every night we went to the receptionist to ask for a taxi he huffed and puffed and made comments in Spanish 2 bar staff shouted at us because they couldn't understand what drink we wanted disgusting hotel very disappointed when you work all year for a family holiday would recommend for nobody to book this place ruined are holiday just glad we took money with us to go out the hotel i would never stay here again awful place

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Returned yesterday. Had a fantastic week away with my husband and 2 son's aged 13 & 18. Flight was with Ryanair with no problems. First time I packed only having 10kg and a back pack limit! Which was absolutely fine. I can't believe how much you can get in those little cases. I'm doing that more often as long as you have a printed or online boarding card you go straight through to security to the waiting longe. No long wait in check in line and no waiting for langage at the end of the flight. Got the bus from airport to our hotel which cost €2 each and took about 20 minutes. Got a taxi back to the airport which cost €32. We stayed at Malinos park hotel in cap Salou. Its such a lovely 3star hotel. Its getting a bit tired in areas but its very clean. Rooms are basic. Beds made every day. Towels changed everyday. Food was amazing. The beds were comfy and we all slept really well. We didn't experience any problems with noise at night but I think it all depends who you have staying in the hotel at the time. Water is always hot for a bath or shower. Staff work so hard, they are not the happiest of people but happy to help you. Sandra the rep lady is lovely, any questions about anything, just ask her. She is there 6 days a week 09.30-12. The children entertainment is fab. The little ones are well looked after. The pool is nice and big and deep. very clean and warm. There is always a sunbed available. I really liked staying in cap Salou away from the main town. Any bus goes into Salou and costs €2 each. We walked to the water park (aquopolis) where opposite there is a beautiful beach. The water fountains in Salou where amazing. I didn't want to come home. Malinos Park is not 4 or 5 star so if that's what you expect or are used to this is not the hotel for you. It is a very nice affordable 3star hotel with everything you need. I don't mind basic but I do expect clean and it was deffinately that. I hope this helps and happy holidays to you all. X

Date of stay: August 2019